Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Not sure if anyone has followed the circus side show going on in F1. Rich Energy abruptly terminated sponsorship. In a tweet. Then the rest of the BOD tried to take it back. Now Haas is asking WT....?

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...-even-weirder/

In the mean time, it appears that RE is in big trouble with a bike company.
    Have they ever sold a single product to anyone?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Have they ever sold a single product to anyone?
      I've never seen one. Besides, they are not selling a product, they are selling a lifestyle. Assuming that you listen to Storey. He forgets that to make money, you also need to sell something, as people don't just randomly hand you money.

Comment

A.J. Foyt racing is a joke. There’s no way in hell Tony Kanaan is suddenly a last place driver.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Vettel is again showing he cannot handle being a 1 on a team like Ferrari. He can’t handle pressure and he’s not in a class of a Hamilton, Schimacher, Senna, Hakkinen. His title were more Adrian Newey than superior driving talent.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Vettel is again showing he cannot handle being a 1 on a team like Ferrari. He can’t handle pressure and he’s not in a class of a Hamilton, Schimacher, Senna, Hakkinen. His title were more Adrian Newey than superior driving talent.
            On the flip side, Charles LeClerc is making a lot of fans. He mentioned how much fun yesterday was. The rumor that Vettel plans to retire seems pretty accurate- he's close to being eliminated from the championship. Well, that would take a lot of work, but to make up 100 points in 11 races to Hamilton would be really something.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              On the flip side, Charles LeClerc is making a lot of fans. He mentioned how much fun yesterday was. The rumor that Vettel plans to retire seems pretty accurate- he's close to being eliminated from the championship. Well, that would take a lot of work, but to make up 100 points in 11 races to Hamilton would be really something.
              If he retires does Mick Schumacher replace him?

Comment

I sure hope not. No way is that guy ready for F1. In fact, I don't believe he ever will be.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

The rumor suggests Ricciardo. https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...a775b0abb3b1d7

It's also funny to see more than one news outlet suggest that Vettel retire after running into Max.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    The rumor suggests Ricciardo. https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...a775b0abb3b1d7

It's also funny to see more than one news outlet suggest that Vettel retire after running into Max.
                    Wow. That would excellent for Daniel but I wonder where jr Schumey ends up then?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Ricciardo keeps denying he will leave Renault. But I have a hard time believing he wouldn't if Ferrari came calling.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Wow. That would excellent for Daniel but I wonder where jr Schumey ends up then?
                        Back in F2 for another year, which he definitely needs.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Ricciardo keeps denying he will leave Renault. But I have a hard time believing he wouldn't if Ferrari came calling.
                          Well, from what I understand (via the rumors) is that Ricciardo has an out for Mercedes or Ferrari in his contract. Which makes sense. And there's no way he'll start burning bridges now- just starting to get to be part of the team- don't do anything until the opportunity is actually there for the taking.

On a Renault note- with both them and McLaren making progress- F1 is barely starting to get more interesting. The only really out of control, non competitive cars right now are Mercedes on a nominal day and Williams. And in theory, I keep hearing from Williams that by the end of the break, their car will have some serious progress. Mercedes won't be brought down unless global warming ruins the rest of the races. How they cleared the field so that Valteri could pit at the end was astounding- I actually expected Lewis to let him pass, and then maintain the gap. And then for Lewis to FTD on the last lap on old, hard compound tires. They have this season won already.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I agree but I don't see Seb retiring. Lousy race results or not. Big mistakes or not. Bad press or not.

Regarding Williams, at the beginning of the year the time splits from them to the top teams in qualifying were over 6 seconds, and in race trim 4 seconds. They were also more than 2 seconds slower than the next slowest qualifying car. Now they are down to roughly 1 second to the next car and roughly 2.5 to the center of the midfield. They have made steady progress but it's still a lot to make up. Maybe they can but I have a hard time seeing it. I would, of course, love to see it.
                            I think Russell is much better than they figured and he did do a test for Mercedes earlier in the year. I don't know if they will keep Kubica. He's having trouble sorting the car.

Comment

Rich energy tweeted out today that the CEO has been fired and forced to sell all his shares.

Comment

Here's a possibility for Mick Schumacher which I'm surprised I didn't think of earlier.

Mind you, I don't believe Mick is ready for F1, and quite frankly don't believe he ever will be. (He'll be the next Rolf Schumacher, not the next Michael...)

Nonetheless, if Ferrari is determined to eventually have Mick drive for them, then they could put him on Alfa Romeo next year. Let's face it, Antonio Giovinazzi is not going to be the next great Ferrari driver they were originally hoping for. So, if they push Antonio out next year, they can put Mick in there to give him some space with less pressure to hone his F1 skills.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X