Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
    (Only half meant to keep the fan rivalry alive, and half to be informative...)

Sampo Ranta scores only MN goal last night for tie with UMD, and adds another tonight.
    I tried explaining the Ranta situation to my mother while I was visiting over the weekend. At the end of my explanation she just looked at me and said, “Sancho Panza?”

She’s also the one that when I ask who’s a great big sieve she immediately exclaims, “Kangas!”

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

It's no longer the off season; anybody else on board for shutting this emmer-effer down and starting anew?

BTW; **** East Dakota, **** Motzko, and (if he took the easy way out) **** Ranta as well.

How's that for a Ranta rant.

**** `em Bucky!
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-08-2018, 04:05 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        I tried explaining the Ranta situation to my mother while I was visiting over the weekend. At the end of my explanation she just looked at me and said, “Sancho Panza?”

She’s also the one that when I ask who’s a great big sieve she immediately exclaims, “Kangas!”
        Doug McCloud, the announcer for the Gophers known for combining names (Mittelstedt and Zuhlsdorf = Middlesdorf) or continually calling a player who is number 18, the name of number 28 (even though one is large and other small, one a D and other a forward, so don't look alike) and other gaffes, called him 'Santo' Ranta once last night, so I am curious to see if that continues. Wouldn't be surprised if he's calling him 'Santa Claus' by x-mas.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          It's no longer the off season; anybody else on board for shutting this emmer-effer down and starting anew?

BTW; **** East Dakota, **** Motzko, and (if he took the easy way out) **** Ranta as well.

How's that for a Ranta rant.

**** `em Bucky!
          Yes! Drop the gd puck for real now! F em’ Bucky!

I’d love it if the student section came up with a cheer for Ranta sung like the Freddie Krueger tune but change the words: “one, two Mersch is coming for you, three, four better something something etc and on till 10”

Don’t want to see anything dirty just a good hard hip check into the glass or maybe a Shawn Hill type of “hello *******, welcome to Madison!” Hit at center ice.

😈😈😈😈
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Hey guys, Ranta originally wanted to go to UW. Seems to me your beef is with the admissions department, not him. I think the kid just wanted to play NCAA hockey and Minnesota is an incredible place to be able to do so (and so is UW.)

I don’t recall anyone in the St. Lawrence thread last season advocating for someone to run Hayton when they played UW, even just in jest.

You wanna show Ranta what’s what? Beat the Goph’s on the ice, it’s really pretty simple...

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
              Hey guys, Ranta originally wanted to go to UW. Seems to me your beef is with the admissions department, not him. I think the kid just wanted to play NCAA hockey and Minnesota is an incredible place to be able to do so (and so is UW.)

I don’t recall anyone in the St. Lawrence thread last season advocating for someone to run Hayton when they played UW, even just in jest.

You wanna show Ranta what’s what? Beat the Goph’s on the ice, it’s really pretty simple...
              Eh? These boards can still have good old fashioned smack talk n’est ce pas?

I mean, it doesn’t need to be logical ALL the time.

Ranta AND UW admissions deserve a Sean Hill check at center ice!!! The
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Berry on Friday
                Lebedeff on Saturday.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...7302869a6.html

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Berry on Friday
                  Lebedeff on Saturday.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...7302869a6.html

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!
                  YES!

I had forgotten Miller used to be an F, he looked like it in the exhibition, in a good way.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

Like I wrote, "If he took the easy way out **** Ranta, too". Nobody outside the program knows what happened, but if he said, "Screw it, I'm going to Rodentsota." without pursuing it, I stand by **** him .
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Anyone else concerned that Berry gave up 2 goals on 7 shots against Victoria? I’m thinking Lebedeff will probably be the #1 guy by the end of the season. Debating on going to the game Saturday night after I get done with work. Really want to see him play and Friday night is on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Like I wrote, "If he took the easy way out **** Ranta, too". Nobody outside the program knows what happened, but if he said, "Screw it, I'm going to Rodentsota." without pursuing it, I stand by **** him .
                        How do you feel when the roles are reversed? Do you think the school owed it to Jurusik not to bring in Hayton as a transfer after the previous coaching staff rushed him in too early?

I bet Granato and staff don’t worry too much about people outside the UW locker room and I bet they would advise you to do the same.
                        Last edited by altazo; 10-09-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Anyone else concerned that Berry gave up 2 goals on 7 shots against Victoria? I’m thinking Lebedeff will probably be the #1 guy by the end of the season. Debating on going to the game Saturday night after I get done with work. Really want to see him play and Friday night is on TV.

I watched it and personally I'm not too concerned. You don't expect Kalynuk to try to split two defenders 10 feet in front of the goal on a break out attempt and create a two on zero. Still made the first two saves there but not the third. Second one was 50/50 on a one on none. Some of those are definitely going to go in on everyone, and that one did. No big deal really but I don't suppose he felt all that great about it himself.

Fact remains if we give up a whole bunch of 1 and 2 on zero attempts to BC, doesn't matter who is in goal, they're going to score a lot of goals on not many shots. So let's not do that.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                            How do you feel when the roles are reversed? Do you think the school owed it to Jurusik not to bring in Hayton as a transfer after the previous coaching staff rushed him in too early?

I bet Granato and staff don’t worry too much about people outside the UW locker room and I bet they would advise you to do the same.
                            I don't know how far you got in English class in high school, but pay attention to the tone of MCR's comment (including the smiley). He's in fan mode. I don't know if you know this, but fans are neither analysts nor coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              I don't know how far you got in English class in high school, but pay attention to the tone of MCR's comment (including the smiley). He's in fan mode. I don't know if you know this, but fans are neither analysts nor coaches.
                              I rite good talk.

Comment

I don’t even need to look for post history to know who this clown cheers for…
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X