Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
    Don't Know if Any Of You Subscribe the The Athletic ?

They Just Started Badger Coverage This week

‘I’m almost there’: A day on the comeback trail with Ryan Suter

Chad Graff Jul 12, 2018 37
    MADISON,​ Wis. — The heated​ pool​ is already​ full for​ a 7​ a.m.​ aerobics​ class​ with more​ than​ a dozen​​ attendees, none of whom look younger than 70, when Ryan Suter walks by, offering a tour of the rehab facility that now occupies his summer mornings.
    I get that it is a relevant article, and no doubt well written, but you are kind of defeating their business model.

It is a subscription site, which you obviously know since you mentioned the word "subscribe" in your first line.

To copy and paste an article in its entirety is a shady thing to do...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      I get that it is a relevant article, and no doubt well written, but you are kind of defeating their business model.

It is a subscription site, which you obviously know since you mentioned the word "subscribe" in your first line.

To copy and paste an article in its entirety is a shady thing to do...
      I Get That.
      Was Actually Trying To Advertise their new "Wisconsin" Coverage.

They Also have 30% Off and Free Tshirt for new subs

Comment

I Get That.
        Was Actually Trying To Advertise their new "Wisconsin" Coverage.

They Also have 30% Off and Free Tshirt for new subs
        I'm sure the author and the website would love your guerrilla "advertising"

Comment

Don't Know if Any Of You Subscribe the The Athletic ?

They Just Started Badger Coverage This week

‘I’m almost there’: A day on the comeback trail with Ryan Suter

Chad Graff Jul 12, 2018 37
          Four paragraphs and a link. No bandwidth highjacking; no copy and paste from another site (especially behind a paywall)

Comment

Good Evening, Hockey Fans! Who remembers that announcement by Phil Mendel before every game? I did a youtube search to check if anybody ever loaded it from some kind of recording. Of course, back then the Coliseum seats were almost full at game time and there was always a huge cheer. THAT would be something to bring back after the history video.

Canada trip is done, most of the honeydoo list done, Badger Football begins next week. Badger Hockey isn't far behind.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Good Evening, Hockey Fans! Who remembers that announcement by Phil Mendel before every game? I did a youtube search to check if anybody ever loaded it from some kind of recording. Of course, back then the Coliseum seats were almost full at game time and there was always a huge cheer. THAT would be something to bring back after the history video.

Canada trip is done, most of the honeydoo list done, Badger Football begins next week. Badger Hockey isn't far behind.
              Phil was the best! He got the already boisterous crowd really amped up.

I wish so badly we could recapture that energy. I think if they brought back the blue line club it would bring back some Animal House types😀

Maybe even rumble rink guy would come back!
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Maybe even rumble rink guy would come back!
                As you know, we've discussed those guys in the past. Who the hell knows where they are; but YOU and I could do it. After 30+ years, that would be ****ing hilarious.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  As you know, we've discussed those guys in the past. Who the hell knows where they are; but YOU and I could do it. After 30+ years, that would be ****ing hilarious.
                  I’d give it a go! Of course, I’ll have a few spirits beforehand😀

I’m also full prepared to start a “who?”, “ so what?!”, “big deal” chant after the opposition scores and the “hi, (insert players first name who takes needless penalties too frequently)” when a kid goes to the box several times like they used to do with Gary Bunz.

Any others i’m Missing?

Also, for the kids on this board, take pictures or video of ped state signs, banners, overall enthusiasm of their fans from their arena and send to the Barry so he begins to see what fun looks like at a hockey game!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I’d give it a go! Of course, I’ll have a few spirits beforehand😀

I’m also full prepared to start a “who?”, “ so what?!”, “big deal” chant after the opposition scores and the “hi, (insert players first name who takes needless penalties too frequently)” when a kid goes to the box several times like they used to do with Gary Bunz.

Any others i’m Missing?

Also, for the kids on this board, take pictures or video of ped state signs, banners, overall enthusiasm of their fans from their arena and send to the Barry so he begins to see what fun looks like at a hockey game!
                    A big "WHO CARES?!?" After the entire announcement is both easier and better. And it also exposes the pretentious types who don't understand that they're not actually playing.

But even better is what I've been doing for the last couple of years: just start a strong "let's go red" when they make the announcement.

Also, stop being so averse to songs. There are some incredibly easy and clever spontaneous things to sing, but people try to cram everything into the two standard chant cadences. It's stupid. And when any other rhythm is introduced, only 5% of people are not entirely baffled.

Comment

UW just needs butts in the seats who will put their phones away and get loud by cheering in general.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by timothy a View Post
                        uw just needs butts in the seats who will put their phones away and get loud by cheering in general.
                        yuuuuup!
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          UW just needs butts in the seats who will put their phones away and get loud by cheering in general.
                          You need to develop an app that sends a broadcast alert message to cheer.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            You need to develop an app that sends a broadcast alert message to cheer.
                            Should we call it 'Snapclap?'
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Should we call it 'Snapclap?'
                              Nope; that sounds like a nasty disease.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Nope; that sounds like a nasty disease.
                                Which is pretty much what phones are at a sporting event...
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X