Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Timmy me boy, I know Lindenwood isn't a good barometer, but what did you think of the women?
    I was there as well. Game was as expected, with exception of the score. We out shot them 46-8. One of the Lindenwood goals was when we pulled soup for an extra attacker on a delayed penalty....a missed pass to the defense went all the way down and in our own net.

My biggest take away was Sopie Shirley...she is going to be a special talent.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Timmy me boy, I know Lindenwood isn't a good barometer, but what did you think of the women?
      They are loaded. They can run 4 lines / 7D all day and never have a matchup issue. This was a typical first 2 games of the year, not on all cylinders yet, but the improvement from Friday to today was very noticeable (though the SOG don't reflect it too much). The 3 freshman that were playing fit right in (Curl, Shirley, LaMantia). I agree Shirley is going to be special. I have never seen a player be so fluid and effortlessly skate with such speed and vision, it looks like she isn't even trying out there, yet she is engaged in the play all the time. If she plays with Roque all year she will be the ROTY.

It was a bit of a shock to see the own goal on the delayed penalty. That's a new one to see.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It was a bit of a shock to see the own goal on the delayed penalty. That's a new one to see.
        Saw a clip of that. I don't know how many Hockey games I've seen in my life but it's quite a lot, and I honestly can't remember ever seeing that happen. Crazy.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

They are loaded. They can run 4 lines / 7D all day and never have a matchup issue. This was a typical first 2 games of the year, not on all cylinders yet, but the improvement from Friday to today was very noticeable (though the SOG don't reflect it too much). The 3 freshman that were playing fit right in (Curl, Shirley, LaMantia). I agree Shirley is going to be special. I have never seen a player be so fluid and effortlessly skate with such speed and vision, it looks like she isn't even trying out there, yet she is engaged in the play all the time. If she plays with Roque all year she will be the ROTY.

Better than Brianna Decker? She was the finest skater I've seen at the women's level.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Better than Brianna Decker? She was the finest skater I've seen at the women's level.
            I'll have to watch some tape on Decker, but I don't doubt what you are saying at all. It would be neat to compare. Too bad Shirley is not a US citizen.....

Comment

Of all the millions (and millions) of games Ive been to, I've never seen scoring on yourself on a delayed penalty live either.
              Videos, yes. One of those rare moments like a goalie potting an empty netter.

Not to push this nice, cool weather aside boys, but hockey is here boys. Friday, my guide on DirecTV came alive with the first NHL Center Ice games. 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Regarding UW womens hockey, a few days ago I heard Meghan Duggan got married. I Googled to see who the guy was she married. I should've kept an open mind. 🤔🇨🇦
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 09-30-2018, 09:44 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Of all the millions (and millions) of games Ive been to, I've never seen scoring on yourself on a delayed penalty live either.
                Videos, yes. One of those rare moments like a goalie potting an empty netter.

Not to push this nice, cool weather aside boys, but hockey is here boys. Friday, my guide on DirecTV came alive with the first NHL Center Ice games. ����������

Regarding UW womens hockey, a few days ago I heard Meghan Duggan got married. I Googled to see who the guy was she married. I should've kept an open mind. ������
                Yep...that is going to be a rough household during world championships and olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Yep...that is going to be a rough household during world championships and olympics.
                  Love knows no bounds. I was shocked to see Jim Carville and Mary Matalyn marry years ago, those 2 politically and equal to US vs Canada in hockey.

Comment

This is just a gut feeling...I think Brock Caufield will be an impact player possibly on the level of Adam Burish.

Drop the puck!
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I just scored 3 tickets to the exhibition Sunday. $5.00 tickets are great right? Yeah, plus $5.00 order fee plus $15.00 for parking, so not such a great deal, but it's still not too bad.

Comment

I just scored 3 tickets to the exhibition Sunday. $5.00 tickets are great right? Yeah, plus $5.00 order fee plus $15.00 for parking, so not such a great deal, but it's still not too bad.
                        I guess you can pay $15.00 for parking if you don't want to walk more than a few minutes.
                        Walk 2 blocks to the city's State Street Campus Garage and you'll pay $8.00.

Oh, and don't forget to complain about how expensive concessions are too

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                          I guess you can pay $15.00 for parking if you don't want to walk more than a few minutes.

There are also lots of free campus parking lots. Make sure you pick one that's only controlled M-F 7:00-4:30 rather than "AT ALL TIMES." Only the very closest lots become event parking. The lots on Mills near Spring St (2/3 are free) are just about an 8-minute walk from the Kohl Center doors, and other street and lot options are around as you go a bit farther.

You can find the parking map here: https://transportation.wisc.edu/campus-maps/ - It shows which lots are not permit controlled after hours.

And if you want to park even closer without paying, the parking lot immediately south of the bike path and east of East Campus Mall is pretty empty, as it's for the offices facing Regent St. I've known people to park there regularly for men's hockey games and never heard of them getting ticketed, though it is officially only for those buildings - not free public parking (unlike the campus lots).
                          Last edited by WiscDC; 10-03-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I'm used to the expensive concessions from going to the women's games, though I'd like them to sell plain bottled water for 2 bucks or let you carry in a sealed clear bottle of water. Concessions are optional as well.

Parking is a little hard for me, my daughter has some physical limitations so I like to park as close as possible for her sake, she is my hockey buddy. We have parked just south of the bike path and get pinched to pay, maybe I have to go in further west off regent to find DC's sweet spot.

Staying on the positive trend, not, a couple recent articles from Todd D indicate that 1) G2O almost cut Tischke when they got here (makes me mad they got rid of Rockwood) and 2) goalie deal is a probable mess after reading about Lebedef's last few years/trials.

Comment

... 2) goalie deal is a probable mess after reading about Lebedef's last few years/trials.
                              I read that article. Goalie position sounds like a mess and no dedicated goalie coach isn't going to help things......
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                I read that article. Goalie position sounds like a mess and no dedicated goalie coach isn't going to help things......
                                How much of the end result to you put on the coach vs the player?

We had an All-American transfer in, when we had a goalie coach, and he turned in a pretty average year.

By the time that they get to this level, is there really much that a dedicated coach can do in day-to-day practice sessions that is going to make an impact? I think having Cons on the staff and having him available to review film with the guys will help. Do the players need more than that, or is it just time to get out there and show what you are capable of doing?

Take this all with a grain of salt...I've never played hockey, I've never coached hockey, I've never had a family member play hockey...I'm a fan in the stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X