Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Placid Attendance

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I’m pretty sure we saw each other one year.
    Did you go next door to Bowlwinkles?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      Never been there.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Probably a good 150 Mule Faithful at the rink currently

Comment

Never been there.
          Great place if you bring kids with you....more than just bowling.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

They count tickets sold, not necessarily if the buyer shows up, which is why D1 so often doesn't look full despite the announced "attendance."

Whatever numbers the venue releases, the NCAA expects that amount paid to them in ticket sales. So, the venue has no incentive whatsoever inflating numbers.

And that first year at Placid? There were indeed that many people. They even opened up the upper deck, which they never do.
            556 reportedly showed-up for the Salve/Point game, and that's pretty sad... Maybe a more accessible venue -even Utica- would make better sense after all.

(Or Romney, or even Plattsburgh, as far as the East goes... It's been a long time since The Miracle on Ice, and the shine is off the trophy for anyone under 40 or so. LP is just a tough trip for almost everyone.)
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I’m pretty sure we saw each other one year.
              Yep!

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Been there too!Off days!!!! Saw someone bounce the ball off the ceiling when we were there. Wiseguys is more fun though.
              Last edited by jerrynu26; 03-23-2018, 07:43 PM.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                556 reportedly showed-up for the Salve/Point game, and that's pretty sad... Maybe a more accessible venue -even Utica- would make better sense after all.

(Or Romney, or even Plattsburgh, as far as the East goes... It's been a long time since The Miracle on Ice, and the shine is off the trophy for anyone under 40 or so. LP is just a tough trip for almost everyone.)
                These teams would not have drawn anymore in Utica. Don’t kid yourself.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

+1

Comment

We always stay at Art Devlin’s. When I checked in, they asked me what I was there for. When I told them, they said we are the only ones for the hockey to be staying there. "The schools this year are just too far away."

A shame that the attendance will probably very low this year.

Lake Placid still rocks, though.
                    I must have checked in just behind you, and got 10% off because of the low turnout!? If the NCAA continues with a pre-determined neutral site after this year's attendance debacle (not more than 800 for either semi), I'd be surprised. Yeah, it's nice for neutral fans like myself, but they're (the NCAA) losing a large chunk of change.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      I must have checked in just behind you, and got 10% off because of the low turnout!? If the NCAA continues with a pre-determined neutral site after this year's attendance debacle (not more than 800 for either semi), I'd be surprised. Yeah, it's nice for neutral fans like myself, but they're (the NCAA) losing a large chunk of change.
                      Next year is campus sites. 2020 is Buffalo Harborcenter, 2021 campus site and 2022 is Placid.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

1762 is full day attendance...
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          1762 is full day attendance...
                          There were more for Colby, but I'm still a little surprised by that number.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                            This was really the only year a neutral could be considered a failure. Look at those numbers I posted and compare them to on campus site numbers.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

We are not attending, but it is obvious from the stream that there is a very low turnout.
                              We have talked about this and an idea we have had is change the format by including the Women’s Championship.
                              Start Thursday with the men’s semi’s and Friday with the Women’s semi’s.. With the Championships on Saturday and Sunday. Please if you don’t like this so be it, but it might help the situation.
                              I have been told that no one is submitting a bid for next years venue.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                                We are not attending, but it is obvious from the stream that there is a very low turnout.
                                We have talked about this and an idea we have had is change the format by including the Women’s Championship.
                                Start Thursday with the men’s semi’s and Friday with the Women’s semi’s.. With the Championships on Saturday and Sunday. Please if you don’t like this so be it, but it might help the situation.
                                I have been told that no one is submitting a bid for next years venue.
                                I’ve been advocating to try this for over five years now. Just don’t think it has gained much traction though at the national level unfortunately.

Not sure on the truth of no one submitting a bid or not. I do know that the men’s coaches did vote and were in favor of returning to campus sites for at least a one in every 3 or 4 year cycle. Next year will be campus as will 2021.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X