This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

I have Paterno on HBO on in the background while I write yet another paper. Definitely lost my appetite

Comment

The Gift:

Don't waste your time. Guy and wife move to CA and guy runs into an old classmate with a grudge. Oh, it gets worse from there. Main characters making obviously stupid mistakes, until the supposedly climactic end.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The Gift:

Don't waste your time. Guy and wife move to CA and guy runs into an old classmate with a grudge. Oh, it gets worse from there. Main characters making obviously stupid mistakes, until the supposedly climactic end.
        Yeah I love Bateman but that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Yeah I love Bateman but that was bad.
          At least he's branching out from the "lovable schmuck" role. He was awesome in "Bad Words," which is a very solid comedy.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Wind River:

A tracker with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service assists a rookie FBI agent who's investigating a teen girl's murder on a remote Wyoming reservation.

Hella solid movie. Renner and Olsen are great as the main characters. Sure, there's a lot of cliched "cowboy" or "Indian" wisdom sayings that is obvious, but it works in the various situations. Would highly recommend.

Comment

Gook:

2 Korean brothers try to keep their store alive during the 1992 King riots. This movie is raw. Good, bad, ugly. A little choppy at first but by the end of it, hoo boy. Highly recommend.

Comment

Saw A Quiet Place. Looks like it was covered a few pages back so I'll just add a couple thoughts.

John Krasinski spent the entire movie doing his best Staredad impression.

Keeps you engaged throughout. I would guess the silence creating never-ending tension helps with that.

On the other hand, as soon as it ends you can think up a million plot holes or flaws without really trying. Doesn't make it a bad movie by any means, but certainly takes away from the masterpiece ratings it's been getting.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I saw it yesterday...let me know what you think.
                  Honestly it was exactly what I expected. Not as funny as the first one, not even close. But had some funny moments

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Saw A Quiet Place. Looks like it was covered a few pages back so I'll just add a couple thoughts.

Keeps you engaged throughout. I would guess the silence creating never-ending tension helps with that.

On the other hand, as soon as it ends you can think up a million plot holes or flaws without really trying. Doesn't make it a bad movie by any means, but certainly takes away from the masterpiece ratings it's been getting.
                    This sounds like my kinda movie. Along the lines of "Hush" but in a different form. Quiet Place you can't speak, to keep your safety, while in Hush, you can't speak (involuntarily) to get your safety (phone/etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Honestly it was exactly what I expected. Not as funny as the first one, not even close. But had some funny moments
                      Yeah it was ok...some funny moments but could have been so much more.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Agreed on all counts.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Yeah it was ok...some funny moments but could have been so much more.
                          Does it lean pretty heavily on it being such a long period of time between the two? Kind of sounds like it, which is disappointing.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Does it lean pretty heavily on it being such a long period of time between the two? Kind of sounds like it, which is disappointing.
                            It points it out...and kind of mocks it which works. The problem is the length of time makes some of the jokes kind of stale. Dont get me wrong some of the bits will have you rolling (especially if you enjoy making fun of Canucks) but some of it is also baltent copying of the first film.

Last night I watched 3 billboards...yowzers. Not sure how I feel about the movie as a whole but Francis McDormand and Sam Rockwell deserved every honor they got!

Tonight watched Hacksaw Ridge. If Mel Gibson wasnt Batbleep crazy he probably has another Braveheart on his hands. Excellent film!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Looking forward to 3 Billboards. Hacksaw was awesome.

Comment

Three billboards was amazing. Also loved call me by your name which I rented a week after billboards.
                                Now amazon keeps suggesting gay love stories for me

Comment

Working...
                                X