X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    I hadn't even heard of the subject matter, but had heard about it listening to the West Wing Weekly podcast when they were talking about Sorkin.
    Gambling, organized crime, underworld? Always intrigues me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Gambling, organized crime, underworld? Always intrigues me.
      You should follow this White House.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        You should follow this White House.
        They play dirty. No code. There's the slight difference (yes, I know org crime breaks rules, but the current administration? They advertise it!)Edit: the last person I saw be this open on what they are doing that is criminal is John Gotti.
        Last edited by The Rube; 04-27-2018, 10:53 PM.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          What should I know about MoviePass?
          Pay a flat fee and you can see a movie every day if you want. Any movie (not imax) any time.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Pay a flat fee and you can see a movie every day if you want. Any movie (not imax) any time.
            That is so tempting, but have to look at the theaters involved. Figure a movie a month, and it's paid for.

Comment

They play dirty. No code. There's the slight difference (yes, I know org crime breaks rules, but the current administration? They advertise it!)Edit: the last person I saw be this open on what they are doing that is criminal is John Gotti.
              One of the most interesting pieces of sociology I read in my academic days was about the use of violence among criminals. In brief, because criminals don't have courts to enforce contracts they have to use brutality. If you reverse the reasoning, law is essentially ritualized violence to minimize moral hazard.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                One of the most interesting pieces of sociology I read in my academic days was about the use of violence among criminals. In brief, because criminals don't have courts to enforce contracts they have to use brutality. If you reverse the reasoning, law is essentially ritualized violence to minimize moral hazard.
                Pretty much. They use morality codes to justify it. Criminals use basic language. You do this, you're dead. It's a matter of how you phrase the "law."

Comment

Pretty much. They use morality codes to justify it. Criminals use basic language. You do this, you're dead. It's a matter of how you phrase the "law."
                  In violence, weapons determine who wins a case. In law, wealth does.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    What should I know about MoviePass?
                    9.95/month (although prices are as low as 6.95) and see any 2D non-IMAX movie each week. Those of us who have subscribed for a while still have unlimited movies but I suspect that will change.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Someone who ends up seeing infinity wars this week(end), can you tell me if I need to see black panther first?

Scooby? Handy?
                    Need to? No. It'll help but I had only seen two of the 18 MCU movies and I was fine. Just watch the Screen Junkies Cram It video on YouTube.

Comment

That is so tempting, but have to look at the theaters involved. Figure a movie a month, and it's paid for.
                      Most of the theaters in the area are involved. Willow Creek, Plymouth Grand, Icon at West End, Cinema Cafe, the AMCs...I havent found one that doesnt take it. If you go to the Web Site you can type in the zip code and it will tell you all the ones that are involved.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 04-28-2018, 12:54 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        9.95/month (although prices are as low as 6.95) and see any 2D non-IMAX movie each week. Those of us who have subscribed for a while still have unlimited movies but I suspect that will change.
                        When they change that I am out most likely.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Most of the theaters in the area are involved. Willow Creek, Plymouth Grand, Icon at West End, Cinema Cafe, the AMCs...I havent found one that doesnt take it. If you go to the Web Site you can type in the zip code and it will tell you all the ones that are involved.
                          Theaters don't really have a choice. It's a MasterCard as far as they're concerned. If theaters didn't have to take it AMC never would have accepted it. MoviePass can exclude a theater by not putting it on its app so you can't buy tickets but theaters can't refuse if they take MC.

Also, some people report that they still have to submit a picture of their ticket stub as a fraud prevention measure. MP hasn't asked me to do that since last fall.

Also also, the GPS tracker in your phone is accessible by the app. That's how it knows you're within 100 feet of a theater so you can check-in. It also means when that movie is over your GPS better show you're still at the theater or you'll likely be banned for suspected fraud (scalping your ticket).

Also, also, also, a møøse once bit my sister

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            a møøse once bit my sister
                            Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I have never been asked to scan my ticket...and if people are scalping movie tickets they are sad individuals.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I have never been asked to scan my ticket...and if people are scalping movie tickets they are sad individuals.
                                I was asked at first. Well, not so much asked as much as the camera on my phone activated when I checked in at the theater. Last fallish that stopped. It appears they are just doing it to people they don't trust or users in high traffic areas.

As for selling, hey, anything for a buck. If you have an unlimited account, that's potentially $500 profit each month.

Comment

Working...
                                X