X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    These people lead empty lives. Their source of pleasure is in ruining yours, and hopefully eliciting a response of hate and rage.
    Yeah they infest places like reddit, which I avoid, but their BS always makes it onto the boards I do go to.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The 7:00 was sold out but luckily they have a 7:30. Haven't watched much of the MCU outside of Spiderman and Black Panther but the movies are such a part of pop culture I feel like I have. I'm sure some of the in-jokes will go over my head but I think I'll be fine with the plot. Avengers: Good. Thanos: Bad

Comment

Not that I particularly care about spoilers, but the trivia question on the screen provided a considerable one just now. You'd have to think about it and figure things out, but based on the answer it isn't hard to do.

Comment

Avengers.

4.7 out of 5. Star Tribune gave it 4.5 out of 5. I could honestly give it a 5. I thought about going contrarian on the bit because after Ragnarok which had everything I ever wanted in a Marvel movie but went just way way way too far on certain "comedic" elements I wasn't sure I would ever see a film like this, but now I have.

I could tear certain parts of it apart. But all of those would be personal preferences and not a real critique of the film. For those of us that have seen Graphic Novels come alive on film but never really felt we had achieved an actual "comic book" move and just a bunch of attempts. This one is it.

Villain. For the first time they get an A. Thanos is a villain. A true comic book villain.
          Story. The story is fantastic. Even without having seen every MCU movie things will not be hard to follow.
          Size. This movie is BIG. BIG in every way. Everything about it is massive. As it should be.
          Heroes. Great performances. Acting, and special effects. Everything you could want.

Stand out performance? After turning him into a stand up comic in Ragnarok, Thor (which was one of my favorite titles when I was a kid) is the superstar of the film.

The post credit scene was obvious before I walked in and it satisfied even though it was obvious.

There ya go. Spoiler Free.
          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-27-2018, 07:37 AM.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Set the dvr for TCM at 3pm for "Seven Days in May".
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

MoviePass just updated terms of service. No more seeing the same movie more than once. Just in time for summer.

Of course if I use MoviePass to buy a ticket to I Feel Pretty and just happen to walk into the wrong theater and see Infinity War again...

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Set the dvr for TCM at 3pm for "Seven Days in May".
                Endorsed. Very good movie.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  MoviePass just updated terms of service. No more seeing the same movie more than once. Just in time for summer.

Of course if I use MoviePass to buy a ticket to I Feel Pretty and just happen to walk into the wrong theater and see Infinity War again...
                  The theaters in my area are increasingly employing assigned seating. That'll become harder to do with a well attended movie.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    The theaters in my area are increasingly employing assigned seating. That'll become harder to do with a well attended movie.
                    Yeah but if you go during the day like I do that often isn't a problem.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeah but if you go during the day like I do that often isn't a problem.
                      Some of us have jobs.

Welfare queen.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lol
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Some of us have jobs.

Welfare queen.
                          I have two jobs (down from 3) so shut your lazy ***
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            "Advise and Consent" at 5:30. Just as good.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              "Advise and Consent" at 5:30. Just as good.
                              Better, IMO. Both excellent.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Seconded. Book was very very good, too.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X