This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Oscar adds a blockbuster film category to help pander to regain/retain the average viewer.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Our Idiot Brother:
      A comedy centered on an idealist who barges into the lives of his three sisters.

Very light-hearted comedy/feel-good movie; an afternoon time-killer. It's entertaining enough, nothing special. Given the cast, it could've been a little better, but I wasn't feeling like I was wasting my time with it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Touch Of Evil (1958):

A stark, perverse story of murder, kidnapping, and police corruption in a Mexican border town.

Great movie, and with the subject matter, could easily be made frame by frame today, and still hold the same weight (which is scary). Stacked cast, even in bit parts/cameos/whatever you want to call them. Highly recommend.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Accidental Courtesy:

Daryl Davis is an accomplished musician who was played all over the world. He also has an unusual hobby, particularly for a middle aged black man. When not displaying his musical chops, Daryl likes to meet and befriend members of the Ku Klux Klan. When many of these people eventually leave the Klan with Daryl's support, Daryl keeps their robes and hoods; building his collection piece by piece, story by story, person by person, in hopes of one day opening a museum of the Klan.

Required. *ing. Viewing. For every person who lives in this country. I won't say any more, because I don't have to. The documentary speaks for itself.

Comment

I just re-watched Serenity last night, for the first time in a long while. It still stands up, more than ever perhaps, given some of its themes. The special effects haven't aged the greatest in some of the wide-angle shots, but a few of the techniques were pioneered there - shaking camera for an FX shot.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Ex Machina:

A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breath-taking humanoid A.I.

You can see where this is going about a quarter of the way in, but the questions within the movie are the key, to me. Very solid movie, highly recommend.

Comment

Out of sheer morbid curiosity I watched Independence Day: Resurgence. Wow what an epic piece of ****! What a waste of time and money for the studio.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Out of sheer morbid curiosity I watched Independence Day: Resurgence. Wow what an epic piece of ****! What a waste of time and money for the studio.
                  I'm 50/50 on your reaction. I'm not surprised that your review is as such, I am surprised you watched it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I'm 50/50 on your reaction. I'm not surprised that your review is as such, I am surprised you watched it in the first place.
                    I love the first one and I had a way to watch the second for free (and I have nothing to do since I am all packed for my trip) so I turned it on an figured the worst it would do is waste some time. It did. I would never watch it again but it killed time

It isnt as bad as Jurassic World or the JW sequel only because it kind of reminds me of Starship Troopers. Problem is Starship Troopers embraced the fact it was an awful film which made it even better
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I love the first one and I had a way to watch the second for free (and I have nothing to do since I am all packed for my trip) so I turned it on an figured the worst it would do is waste some time. It did. I would never watch it again but it killed time

It isnt as bad as Jurassic World or the JW sequel only because it kind of reminds me of Starship Troopers. Problem is Starship Troopers embraced the fact it was an awful film which made it even better
                      Gotcha. Now, I admit, I am not innocent of doing the same things with other movies...just surprised that you did the same thing.

Comment

Gotcha. Now, I admit, I am not innocent of doing the same things with other movies...just surprised that you did the same thing.
                        Oh I do it a lot, just dont always admit it
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh I do it a lot, just dont always admit it
                          There's the Handy I know!

Comment

Starship Troopers didn’t embrace itself being a bad film.

It was a bad film on purpose to emphasize the jingoistic parody.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I just re-watched Serenity last night, for the first time in a long while. It still stands up, more than ever perhaps, given some of its themes. The special effects haven't aged the greatest in some of the wide-angle shots, but a few of the techniques were pioneered there - shaking camera for an FX shot.
                              Good to know - I haven't watched it in awhile (I sob like a baby with Wash's ending).
                              Ex Machina:

A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breath-taking humanoid A.I.

You can see where this is going about a quarter of the way in, but the questions within the movie are the key, to me. Very solid movie, highly recommend.
                              I loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Starship Troopers was a parody of propaganda. ID4's sequel was just bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X