X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The EU novels had to go. There were over 160 of them, and there were massive amounts of contradictions between them because one author would get a hard on for a specific character, and negate something else that was already established. Or a new movie came out, and Lucas mostly didn't care what the books said, but he must've read a few because catching Force lightning on a light saber was from the books, as was the name for a few of the planets in the prequels.

That said, Disney is keeping a lot of EU stuff in the new movies. It mostly shows up in terminology, but there are a few other things they kept - like Luke's Force ability at the end of the TLJ, and the ship classification for the Millennium Falcon.
    They didnt need to go, they just never needed to acknowledge them. It works in comic movies it would work for this as well. You pick and choose your continuity.

For example you could keep say the Zahn Trilogy but ignore Truce at Bakura or the Rogue Squandron books. Sure like .01% would get mad cause they love some aspect of it (and you could then have an Easter Egg for fun) but it doesnt hurt continuity.

The movies dont have to mirror the exact EU, they just choose which ones they want to represent on screen.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Won't You Be My Neighbor is a beautiful film. A+ and recommended for absolutely everyone.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It was outstanding!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Definitely want to see that.

If there isn't one, there needs to be a biopic on Bob Ross, too.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Deadpool 2 was ****ing brilliant. Might have been better than the first.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Deadpool 2 was ****ing brilliant. Might have been better than the first.
              Huh. I didn’t think it was as good as the first. Not bad though

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Huh. I didn’t think it was as good as the first. Not bad though
                It didn’t hurt that we went out for cocktails before.

I think a lot of the references were lost on the younger crowd in the theater. We were the only four laughing at some of the jokes. When Enya came on we lost our ****. You also might of had to see most of the other MCU movies because there were some good jokes about them.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It didn’t hurt that we went out for cocktails before.

I think a lot of the references were lost on the younger crowd in the theater. We were the only four laughing at some of the jokes. When Enya came on we lost our ****. You also might of had to see most of the other MCU movies because there were some good jokes about them.
                  OH MY GOD THE IRONY IN THE BOLDED/UNDERLINED IS HILARIOUS.

I'm not being insulting, or sarcastic, I am crying I am laughing so hard. For real.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watched "Coco" last night whilst baby sittin' the grandkids last night. They(10 and 7)were both crying by the end of the movie. Ckeck it out when you get the chance.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Mother, whose daughter was raped and killed, puts up 3 billboards that question the local police chief, who is greatly respected, and how there haven't been answers on the case. First half was a good mix of dark comedy and drama. Second half continued with the dark comedy, but the drama went ZOMGWTeFF DARK. Talking about getting to Requiem For A Dream dark drama. Sh* got messed the f* up.

Excellent movie, all cast members did great in it. I would highly recommend it.

The plot itself wasn't the story. The real story was in the characters themselves.

Comment

2012 was bad, but watching again just reinforced mookie’s original assessment to the degree of poop
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Death of Stalin. Enjoyed it, liked the humor. Probably not for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Death of Stalin. Enjoyed it, liked the humor. Probably not for everyone.
                            Certainly is for this group
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Suite Francaise:

Despite the title, it's in English, no subtitles. A woman in occupied France, who is awaiting word about her POW husband, reluctantly falls in love with the German officer billeted in her home.

Excellent movie. Touching, while also not hiding the atrocities and the moral dilemmas of all involved. Reading up on it, the unfinished novel was found in a concentration camp, and only revealed decades later. One of the better dramas I've seen.

Comment

The Last Laugh:

Documentary about the "lines" of comedy. Is it okay to joke about the Holocaust, 9-11, AIDS...why or why not? It's 90% about Nazi/Holocaust humor, wish they covered more taboo topics, but it is very well done. Lots of comments from survivors, comedians, writers, etc. Definitely has all the pros and cons about it, and reasons why. If you're a fan of comedy, I'd say it's a must watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X