X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Maybe I value similar things that Tom does. And after what I experienced both first and second-hand, I cannot bring myself to tolerate what is being done there. I'm not going to flat out say, "Don't go there," which is what you are interpreting my words as; not surprising given I'm evidently more triggering than Donald Trump to a SJW. I will, however, ensure that anyone who asks knows the full truth, in order to make the best possible decision.

As for your comments about degree value, once you're in the work force, it means about the same as those who went to state colleges. They hardly teach anymore how to actually apply yourself.

Apathy is no longer an option when it comes to this regime.
    You are absolutely correct about what happens once you are in the work force. But what kind of position did you get coming out of RPI and did it help you get your foot in the door? And please leave Donald Trump out of this conversation, as he doesn't even know where Troy is.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      You are absolutely correct about what happens once you are in the work force. But what kind of position did you get coming out of RPI and did it help you get your foot in the door? And please leave Donald Trump out of this conversation, as he doesn't even know where Troy is.
      Perhaps you should remember who casted his rally in Albany.

Comment

RPI 2018 Off Season Part II: Without "Without a Peer"

Any better suggestions?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, he does. It's where his illegitimate twin sister named Shirley lives.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
            All three of my kids were accepted at RIT and RPI. Two went to RIT and one went to RPI. All three are doing great. I wouldn't want my kids to do anything different if they had to do it all over again. The RIT kids had non-engineering majors, the RPI kid graduated with an Engineering Degree. While RPI has the name recognition, the administration can certainly learn a few things from RIT and I think they are. The coop program at RIT is fantastic if your student is okay with two, three or even four coops of up to ten weeks each before graduation. My RPI graduate took a queue from his older sibling at RIT and my urging and took it upon himself to find an internship position between his junior and senior year at RPI although RPI did not require it. That extra work over that summer resulted in a job offer after graduation (actually the offer was on the table before graduation). I can't help but think the "Summer Arch" program at RPI might have something to do with what other colleges are doing to prepare their students for the work force. I know that for all the parent open houses I attended at RPI, every single one involved a parent asking a question about the requirement for a coop program. I could go on and on but Flaggy is right, in 2018 there are plenty of colleges that offer an education that are on par with RPI.

Love RPI, love RPI hockey and will be at the Army - RPI game in January, but RPI is not the only Engineering school that todays students are looking at.
            In solidarity with this, I am a Capital District native, longtime RPI hockey fan and an RIT Alum, having been accepted at both institutions. One of my closest childhood friends,also from the CD faced the same decision between RPI and RIT, and chose RPI. We were both STEM majors and both had similarly high quality jobs on the table prior to graduation. We both have things we are incredibly proud of in respects to our alma maters, and we both have things that we wish were different. We both however, agree that we crossed the stage at graduation having gained much more than an expensive piece of paper. What is happening in Troy administratively is incredibly disappointing, while I am no longer nearly as close to the 'Tute as I once was, it is something you hate to see. RIT is in the early stages of a new administration, so who knows how that will go. Voicing an honest opinion or concern to a prospective student,who is faced with a critical and expensive decision, is hardly an injustice. RIT and it's reputation have also grown considerably over the past 10 years, and it is hardly the safety school that it is apparently being conceived as
            RIT Tigers
            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Yes, he does. It's where his illegitimate twin sister named Shirley lives.
              I believe you mistook Trump for Hill-dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                All three of my kids were accepted at RIT and RPI. Two went to RIT and one went to RPI. All three are doing great. I wouldn't want my kids to do anything different if they had to do it all over again. The RIT kids had non-engineering majors, the RPI kid graduated with an Engineering Degree. While RPI has the name recognition, the administration can certainly learn a few things from RIT and I think they are. The coop program at RIT is fantastic if your student is okay with two, three or even four coops of up to ten weeks each before graduation. My RPI graduate took a queue from his older sibling at RIT and my urging and took it upon himself to find an internship position between his junior and senior year at RPI although RPI did not require it. That extra work over that summer resulted in a job offer after graduation (actually the offer was on the table before graduation). I can't help but think the "Summer Arch" program at RPI might have something to do with what other colleges are doing to prepare their students for the work force. I know that for all the parent open houses I attended at RPI, every single one involved a parent asking a question about the requirement for a coop program. I could go on and on but Flaggy is right, in 2018 there are plenty of colleges that offer an education that are on par with RPI.

Love RPI, love RPI hockey and will be at the Army - RPI game in January, but RPI is not the only Engineering school that todays students are looking at.
                Although I will admit RPI started to become cost-prohibitive and I probably wouldn't have gone if it were a couple years later (even with the medal), I wouldn't change it, either. Biggest issue I see with the co-op requirement with RIT, and I think is where RPI is trying to compensate with summer arch, is how your graduation seems a bit delayed because of being forced to co-op. I had no co-ops, no internships, ended up with a full time lined up a month or two prior to graduating. Would I say it was because of RPI? Not necessarily, although the person who said yes being an alum didn't hurt. And R.I.B.S., however you may feel about it, did have its advantages: paid off the loans REAL quick, so if I could give any advice to a collegian, it's to get into a routine of maximizing your savings from today until 5 years after graduation, and you'll be fairly well off for what you'd like to do in the future.

Comment

Today is 25 June 2018. There are 104 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Not that I blame Tom at all.

That's quite a shame, the posts were always interesting to read, balanced, well thought out... it seems the current RPI administration is really scr**ing the pooch...
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Perhaps you should remember who casted his rally in Albany.
                      Evidently, you don't know where Troy is either.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Between Keene and Fitzwilliam.

Comment

He transferred to Wisconsin-Superior.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good luck to Todd Burgess. Sen’s Player Dev. Camp starts tomorrow. Hopefully he’s healthy/stays healthy....... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Good luck to Todd Burgess. Sen’s Player Dev. Camp starts tomorrow. Hopefully he’s healthy/stays healthy....... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
                              My fingers are crossed.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good luck to Will Reilly. Pens Player Dev. Camp starts Wednesday. Thought Bourbonnais would be in camp also but he’s not..... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X