X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Very sad indeed. All the best to them in this troubling time.
    As a classmate of Nolan's who had a couple of classes with him all throughout our years as students, if anyone can pull through its Nolan. He's one tough dude, who'll persevere. He kept his nephew from getting struck, so that should tell you alot about his character. Get well soon Nolan!
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

so sorry to hear about Nolan. Get well soon.

Comment

Best wishes and speedy recovery to Nolan, and peace to his family.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Horrible news. Thoughts and prayers go out to Nolan and his family.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

My thoughts and players for Nolan also.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

May Nolan's many friends (from BC to here and back) keep him and his family in prayer.

Comment

I am surprised that Coach Smith did not tweet something about Nolan's injury if he wanted the word to get out. A matter of fact, I have found no mention of it on any Twitter account which I follow.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 March 2018. There are 212 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                    Terrible News

Nolan Graham, our assistant coach, was struck by a car last night in the parking lot of Rite Aid in Troy, NY. He was picking up some items with his 8 year old nephew. He was struck by a car driven by an elderly lady that didn't see him as her car was leaving the parking lot. Nolan ensured that his nephew wasn't struck. Nolan was under the car at some point. He was taken to Albany Medical Center last night around 7 pm.

I am sending this email as an update to the 94 hockey alumni email addresses I have and with the approval of Crystal his wife. Please forward this along to any alumni that you know may not be on this list.

An update from Crystal at 5pm was that Nolan is holding the same, which is good. He is on a lot of sedation drugs. These reduce the risk of seizures and other complications from head trauma. He has a couple skull fractures (temporal bone) and a small bleed in his brain. The biggest concern at this time is brain swelling. The full extent won't be known for 2-5 days from the trauma. Right now things are stable with this very serious injury.
                    He isn't allowed visitors and is in the intensive care unit at Albany Medical Center.

For those in the troy area we have a meal plan to take his family meals and Sachi Vines is coordinating this. If you are able to help with this email me and I will connect you with Sachi.

Thank you for keeping Nolan, Crystal and his daughter Ellie in your thoughts. You can call or text me at any time if you have questions.

Be safe,

Dave Smith
                    RPI Men's Hockey
                    Head Coach
                    This is indeed terrible news.
                    I would like to wish Nolan a speedy and full recovery.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I was looking at the list of donors to buy IPads for the team. I would think that any player whose parents are listed as donors is just about guaranteed to be returning. If someone was cut from the team or decided to go elsewhere, I would not expect their relatives to make contributions. I don't think that one draw the same conclusion from the donations that the players themselves made. Anyway, that is Richards, Marshall, Polino, and Manley. Also apparent parents of recruits Babichuk, Ferner, and Bendorf have contributed.
                      Not necessarily RB.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        Not necessarily RB.
                        It sounded like good logic to me.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I am surprised that Coach Smith did not tweet something about Nolan's injury if he wanted the word to get out. A matter of fact, I have found no mention of it on any Twitter account which I follow.
                          Given current day HIPAA privacy concerns, coach may have preferred the family take the lead on info sharing. Just a guess.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

**Updates on Nolan**

Thursday morning march 7 at 0455. Slept peacefully most of the night. The bruising is starting to come out. The nurse said the swelling seemed to be a bit less than last night. Nolan drank water and apple juice on his own during the night. In the morning he asked for an apple and ginger ale. Which he ate a small piece of. When he asked for the apple and was told he could have some , he said 'I want it cut in pieces'. 👍
                            Another update:
                            The Doctor and team were just in. Nolan did well with the exam- he answered all the questions. He said Nolan will have headaches for the next couple months, but it will improve. The Dr. said there is no need for any surgery or anything more. He will continue to improve but it will take months. Dr. said there will be ups and downs but 'what we see now will improve'.

Update- March 8 at 0747 hrs....Emily, Nolan's nurse was speaking with Dr E just now and he said he expects nolan to make a full recovery within 6 months to a year. He will have to do physio,etc. He has also been 'posted' to the step down unit, which is below ICU but will remain here until a bed is available.

Still no visitors allowed.

Comment

That’s great news. My prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                You seem to think that it is ok to call people names. I don't. It is as simple as that. I am not insinuating anything. I am merely pointing out a difference of opinion.
                                I don't think that bravery has anything to do with it. But you are entitled to your opinion.
                                Allow me to quote you.

"And while I would like to tell you what I think of you, I have way more respect for myself and you."

No, you weren't insinuating anything. At all.

And bravery had nothing to do with it. At all. Even after I told you that you couldn't offend me, you still wouldn't own up to what it was you "would like to tell [me]."

It's not now name calling to call you a coward. Better to keep your mouth closed and let others think you a fool than to open it and erase all doubt. You may, therefore, find me to be a fool for daring to call people out for being unreasonable (using big bad, evil "names"), but there's a big difference between you and me: I don't care what you think about me, which is why I encourage you to go ahead to just say it, rather than dance around the matter as only a coward would.

I've lost any respect I ever had for you. I'm done. Goodbye.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X