X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
    I'm not missing the point at all. Highest winning percentage in the programs history isn't what matters to USA Hockey and the NTDP. What matters to them is the number of #1 drafts picks in the upcoming draft and the overall number for the team. Its about individual player development to them.
    I don't disagree, actually I agree with the player dev. part. Dude, they don't give those players to just any1. Live long and prosper
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      No1 gets my sources, I work in politics. Look on USA website.
      I'll wait for your link. Thanks.
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Given that's the mark for 500, yes I do.
        I hope for your sake it will but I don't think so. But be well and have a great day.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          I'll wait for your link. Thanks.
          There is a thing called google.

Comment

I'm not missing the point at all. Highest winning percentage in the programs history isn't what matters to USA Hockey and the NTDP. What matters to them is the number of #1 drafts picks in the upcoming draft and the overall number for the team. Its about individual player development to them.
            And that hits the nail on the head for why Appert wasn't a good fit for a NCAA head coach. He has the all star mentality, as you could see in his recruiting. When you're a school like RPI, you rely much more on having the right players to build team chemistry, not necessarily the best players.

Comment

With all the things going on, I'm surprised a right-winger like yourself wouldn't have already switched to DuckDuckGo.

Comment

I have my data already, I just want to see yours that backs up your claim. Unless you're shooting from the hip.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

With all the things going on, I'm surprised a right-winger like yourself wouldn't have already switched to DuckDuckGo.
                  not big on youtube these days

Comment

As it happens, I ended up st UMass -UVM game yesterday. Chatted a UMass fan about Shane Bear. He was a Micheletto recruit (not Carvel) and was part of a 9 player class. He's a small kid with a good offensive game - puck mover and PP guy. He played in Jrs. with Cale Makar who was a 1st rnd pick of the Avs and is now also at UMA. Carvel definitely leaning toward a larger d corp and Bear was odd man out. Guy thought he'd do really well in the ECAC.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-05-2018, 01:14 PM.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

What about the current players? Which ones signed NLIs when they were about to come into RPI, and are here now?

I have to assume that all three of our seniors were scholarship, so we're not going to have much available.
                      I don't always find out. These are the ones who I am sure: E. Ohrvall. Hayhurst, Manley, Polino, and Prapavessis. there probably were others.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone who watched the games closely saw the in-game adjustments Smith was actually able to make, which is something we never saw under Appert. Not to meniton, the team mentally instead of all-star mentality. Anyone who blames Smith is out of their mind.

People need to get over the decision made last year. What's done is done. Belly-ache in 4 years if nothing changes.

I will be shocked if the empress is gone in 2 years. So long as she's able to walk and have drivel come out of her mouth, she will remain in that position.
                        I agree that the amount and effectiveness of in-game adjustments has doubled if not increased tenfold.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Returning players that signed NLI's

Goalies - Perry, Marshall

Defensemen - Moore, Reilly, Manley

Forwards - Tironese, Wiffen, J. Orvhall, Burgess, Hayhurst, Polino, E. Orvhall, Jerry, Stout
                          I had not read this message when I replied.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I agree that the amount and effectiveness of in-game adjustments has doubled if not increased tenfold.
                            I remember the RIT game where we able to shut down the backdoor pass after it worked twice on us. Granted, teams kept using it for the next couple weeks so it obviously didn't sink in at practice and had to be constantly reinforced, but at least it gets addressed then and there.

Comment

They also have the cream of the crop players in the country and a just turned 17 year old who is projected as the #1 NHL draft pick in 2019. Not hard to coach a squad made up of those players.
                              But he has done better than any other recent U18 coach. I do think that one has to look over several years. Next year, he will get the U17 team. Let's see how he does. It is like saying there is no global warming because we had a single big snowstorm.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

When Monty leaves Denver for NHL, will be the hair apparent.
                                FYP

sorry.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X