Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018 My Team Got the Shaft from the NCAA Thread

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    And, to add to the idiocy of the whole deal, there is zero financial incentive for the vast bulk of D-3 hockey to stage these side-shows... Dam near all of them lose money.

(I'm guessing, however, that you'd be all-in on the current situation -as you've been for years now- had Norwich garnered a bid in that fashion. )
    I would venture a guess that most D3 hockey programs lose money every week, not just in the conference tournament. I doubt ticket revenue, etc. is enough to pay for salaries, equipment, travel, ice, etc.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
      How good was Hobart really, will never know... would've been nice to have a game on level playing field against them.

But best of all the two "Best Conferences" clearly superior by heads and feet above all others only have 2 horses in the race each, how wild is that.
      Hobart is very, very good. Two of the best four teams in the tournament played last night.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Hobart is very, very good. Two of the best four teams in the tournament played last night.
        Wouldn't know, our first tilt wasn't exactly even skating. And they didn't make it to us in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
          Wouldn't know, our first tilt wasn't exactly even skating. And they didn't make it to us in the tourney.
          Need some cheese? Geesh...
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I was very impressed with Hobart in the games I saw them this year. I was curious how their styles were going to match up. I felt Geneseo would be able to match their physicality and toughness.

Hobart might want to start declining hosting if they earn the right. Think that’s 3 straight years now they’ve lost at the Cooler. UMass Boston, Endicott and now Geneseo.

They clearly love playing in hostile atmospheres and thrive off it.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              And you know this how?

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                I was very impressed with Hobart in the games I saw them this year. I was curious how their styles were going to match up. I felt Geneseo would be able to match their physicality and toughness.

Hobart might want to start declining hosting if they earn the right. Think that’s 3 straight years now they’ve lost at the Cooler. UMass Boston, Endicott and now Geneseo.

I don't think it's so much the atmosphere as it is the bigger ice. The team CAN skate, but call it the Stafford Effect....just little to no open ice in a shoe box ....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. UNE smoked Geneseo I believe it was 7-3 at one point. Salve beats UNE twice. Watch out for the Seahawks. Beat Norwich, Adrian and others. What's makes Hobart so GOOD??? Wouldn't be surprised to seeColby win again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nefan View Post
                    Blah, blah, blah. UNE smoked Geneseo I believe it was 7-3 at one point. Salve beats UNE twice. Watch out for the Seahawks. Beat Norwich, Adrian and others. What's makes Hobart so GOOD??? Wouldn't be surprised to seeColby win again.
                    Ok newbie.... when you're outshot 29-60.....congrats... gotta love scoreboard warriors.... there is more to a game than the final score. Geneseo > UNE....sorry you don't like it
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Geneseo outshot UNE 60-29. Not sure what happened in that one but it’s not as simple as UNE smoked anybody. And for the record I don’t think I or anybody would be surprised to see Colby win on Saturday. There are only good teams left playing this time of year and as the previous example shows anything can happen once the puck drops.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Ok newbie.... when you're outshot 29-60.....congrats... gotta love scoreboard warriors.... there is more to a game than the final score. Geneseo > UNE....sorry you don't like it
                        Newbie. Funny. Correct there is more to the game than the final score BUT its the finals score that matters. Quality shots, scoring chances, etc...A lot of shots from the outside that night from Genny but that doesn't matter. As mentioned they are all good now and I was just stating that Genny and hobart may not be the two best!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

They lost to Oswego in the recent past as well.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                            And you know this how?
                            Umm, I was at the game last night and I'm capable of judging the quality of hockey teams...
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              They lost to Oswego in the recent past as well.
                              Ouch...correct. 4 straight years. Oswego was 2014-15.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

UNE does not play a style of hockey conducive to the playoffs. That's why I picked Colby to win. UNE's win over Geneseo right after the break was an example of that.

Geneseo won't make those type of mistakes in the playoffs.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X