UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
    I see it, just would rather talk to people who can influence better results, not nattering naybobs of negativity.
    I've always enjoyed your posts, but I think that's at least a wee bit arrogant. I'm no Trump fan, or even a republican for that matter, but you sound a bit like Hillary Clinton. Like you can put all the people who want to see Sneddon fired in the "basket of deplorables." Or like her most recent comments where the Sneddon supporters would come from the "progressive, forward thinking states."

Comment

Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
      have fun singing kumbaya while watching the bad hockey. Hilarious you sit here and whine about the negativity sorry you feel that way but then sit here and insult everyone who is down on the program and are happy when fans who have the freedom to voice their opinion leave --- people are leaving because the team SUCKS, must be nice up there in your ivory tower!!! spare me! enjoy the extra legroom in the empty Gutt!!!

I agree with Texas Cat if you guys really sit there all these games and actually think everything is fine and there are no problems I got more questions about you than you seem to have all the answers

Also St Louis guy - cool name drop that supposed to make us feel lesser than you?

Fact that you wont even see the reason why so many fans are upset and take to saying people must not like me or any of us here because we are negative about the team shows you KNOW there is a big problem and are in denial!!!

Tell us why we should not be upset and don't tell us the same rattled off excuses your buddies Ted and Sneddon do because those do not hold water!!

PS - 25 year season ticket holder who also was there for the 3 win season so dont you dare use that as some excuse to make yourself feel better or put anyone down - some of us just believe Enough is enough!
      And this is why its no longer fun to post here....thanks for the reminder
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
        And this is why its no longer fun to post here....thanks for the reminder
        because people here have stopped seeing your viewpoint? reality bites buddy!! don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
          because people here have stopped seeing your viewpoint? reality bites buddy!! don't let the door hit you on the way out!
          +3. The negativity from some on this thread is pretty amusing. Pokecheckguy2, have you ever been involved in a rational argument? Or are you automatically foaming at the mouth and jumping all over anyone with an opinion different than yours? Why would anyone with a different opinion even bother posting here?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbruin View Post
            +3. The negativity from some on this thread is pretty amusing. Pokecheckguy2, have you ever been involved in a rational argument? Or are you automatically foaming at the mouth and jumping all over anyone with an opinion different than yours? Why would anyone with a different opinion even bother posting here?
            Mediocrity brings out negativity....no other school in Hockey East puts up with this level of play.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              +1
              Congrats on the award! Well deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                Mediocrity brings out negativity....no other school in Hockey East puts up with this level of play.
                Correct, although....I wish we had mediocre coaching. We have bottom of the barrel coaching. Sneddon either doesn’t care, or doesn’t understand the game. It’s obvious.

Comment

On a different note really impressed with Kevan Miller with the Bruins. Love watching him play.

Comment

Also on an actual hockey note, someone in the Schedules thread said that RPI's coach said they're coming up for the Catamount Cup next year.
                    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbruin View Post
                      foaming at the mouth? haha I guess I am what you call a RABID fan! to answer the questions - i have yet to hear from these defenders of the current situation why what is going on is okay outside the normal excuses of arena and facilities! when will they give that to us? would they defend coach Sneddon's coaching to us or his recruiting without saying "BC takes everyone!" these are all questions that none of them seem to want to answer and is that because they do not feel that strongly about it despite being a 35 year fan? why are they allowed to tell us how fans should act? do they not see that these fans who do spend their hard earn money on a VERY expensive ticket are dropping them because its not worth it?

Or do they just want their little social club where they feel good talking to the local reporter and coach and that's good enough to let all the bad coaching, recruiting running off of players and POOR performance on ice for YEARS slide? If the only thing defenders of the team can say is that this is how it as always been they have just admitted they have low standards and it is in direct hypocristy of what UVM says the hockey team is supposed to be!

Would love to hear what they have to say but it seems most of them any time they come here are too busy telling us we're all stupid for having passion about the team and NOT LIKING where things are going .., is it because change is a threat to their relations to the team? WHAT do they say???

Comment

This reminds me of a quote Mike Gilligan told me years ago.
                        “Anyone who is in a profession which relies on the performance of 18 year olds has to be crazy”
                        Said in jest, but has some truth.
                        This seems to ring true as why someone’s happiness depends on the performance of student athletes as being somewhat odd.
                        Colton is coming back. I think a offseason of weight training will make the freshman better, especially Misley as he got muscled off the puck way too much last season. I think there is reason for optimism. .
                        Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 03-30-2018, 03:39 PM.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

“Anyone who is in a profession which relies on the performance of 18 year olds has to be crazy”
                          This seems to ring true as why someone’s happiness depends on the performance of student athletes as being somewhat odd.
                          Colton is coming back. I think a offseason of weight training will make the freshman better, especially Misley as he got muscled off the puck way too much last season. I think there is reason for optimism. .
                          Yeah, I'm looking forward to next season. Colton coming back is huge! Thought Misley made some strides during the last 5 weeks of the season and hopefully that weight training will help even more. Getting in better shape over the summer and starting the season uninjured should make a difference for Vlad too. Espo already had a monster season and if he can do something to improve, that'll just be icing on the cake. Plus, I think there's something to be said for getting some rest, taking stock of what happened last season, and coming out fresh with a new attitude. They will hopefully be much improved.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Yeah, I'm looking forward to next season. Colton coming back is huge! Thought Misley made some strides during the last 5 weeks of the season and hopefully that weight training will help even more. Getting in better shape over the summer and starting the season uninjured should make a difference for Vlad too. Espo already had a monster season and if he can do something to improve, that'll just be icing on the cake. Plus, I think there's something to be said for getting some rest, taking stock of what happened last season, and coming out fresh with a new attitude. They will hopefully be much improved.
                            I agree!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

except the average age of the UVM player is like 22 and lots of the freshman are 20-21 when they get here could be said that Sneddon is not getting ENOUGH performance out of the 18 year olds he might have because they don't develop!

again here you are with the insults! why do you think that people who have passion about the team are are very concerned with the state of the team do not lead happy lives? As a matter of fact sir I just had a great Easter surrounded by my wonderful family who bring me much joy and happiness as many other things in my life do as well!

If you are okay with the team not being good or competitive or even fun to watch all these years that is your right but to come here and act like the MANY of us and many more who do not know of this message baord to voice their ideas do not have legit cause for concern and are speaking with our dollars to not support a bad product that you should be able to see with the decrease in attendance and try and say we lead sad lives, no sir!
                              Also as you could recall and check the matter of records here I too had reason to believe after last season and was fooled! this year I always hope for better you sir seem to not understand that but I now know to be cautious because I do not trust the coaching staff to succeed and develop the players they have into a team that I see going to NCAA or a top 5 HEA finish - those are not unreal goals to have!

Comment

The following excerpt is from a story on ESPN about Jay Wright, the head basketball coach at Villanova, and how he's built that school into a highly successful program. I was really struck by the following and how it can relate to our hockey program. Given our limitations in recruiting, etc., this is exactly what UVM needs to be doing:

As Villanova’s stature grew, so did its ability to recruit at the highest level. But not all superstars are cut out for Wright’s style, which puts a premium on upperclassmen and a selfless offensive philosophy. His 2010-11 team had five McDonald’s All-Americans on the roster, but it fell apart after a 16-1 start — ‘Nova went 5-11 the rest of the way. The following year was worse, a 13-19 bust that remains the most losses for a Wright-coached team.

That’s when Wright rolled up his monogrammed sleeves and reinvented his recruiting philosophy: He would spend less time chasing five-stars who were marginally invested in the college experience, and more time selecting players who fit his ideal program culture.

What’s happened since then has shot Wright to the top of his profession. Veteran teams, built by layer upon layer of player development, produced four straight Big East titles from 2014-17. And the past four seasons have simply been the best in program history — a 135-16 record, three No. 1 NCAA tournament seeds, two Final Fours, and possibly two national titles. Villanova’s unspectacular recruiting class rankings over the last five years are the most worthless stats in the sport.

“It’s not perfect all the time, but we’re honest with guys when they come in,” Wright said. “They know the upperclassmen in our program are respected. They know that they’re going to have to earn their playing time. And the guys that choose Villanova usually want that. They want the competitiveness to prove themselves. They want to be part of something bigger than themselves.”

Comment

Working...
                                X