UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    was just informed of the news as someone has shared a tweet with me that I now see has become very popular but Ryan St. Louis, Martin's son has committed to NORTHEASTERN. Sneddon will never be able to live this one down and to me good he should not be able to! But you know what Marty has never ever liked Sneddon since day 1 so this is what happens - here is a kid that should have been a Catamount spent all his summers in VT since he was born and not because who his dad is but he is a legit talent like his dad!! To go to a rival and Northeastern is a true punch to the gutt! Say what you want about kids making their own choice but we know this CHOICE was made long ago...Marty knows as long as Sneddon is around even with his name in the rafters his sons careers will be jeopardized by this staff and he's not the only one!!

I am sure people will defend Sneddon on this one but all this shows is that even if Marty wanted his son to be his own man that he doesn't believe in the program! Speaks VOLUMES!!
    Wow. That is a big punch to the Gutt!! Schulman has to be squirming over his stupidity. Perhaps there should be two changes next year if things don’t go well. Likely we will finish 7th or 8th and there will be much rejoicing....

Comment

was just informed of the news as someone has shared a tweet with me that I now see has become very popular but Ryan St. Louis, Martin's son has committed to NORTHEASTERN. Sneddon will never be able to live this one down and to me good he should not be able to! But you know what Marty has never ever liked Sneddon since day 1 so this is what happens - here is a kid that should have been a Catamount spent all his summers in VT since he was born and not because who his dad is but he is a legit talent like his dad!! To go to a rival and Northeastern is a true punch to the gutt! Say what you want about kids making their own choice but we know this CHOICE was made long ago...Marty knows as long as Sneddon is around even with his name in the rafters his sons careers will be jeopardized by this staff and he's not the only one!!

I am sure people will defend Sneddon on this one but all this shows is that even if Marty wanted his son to be his own man that he doesn't believe in the program! Speaks VOLUMES!!
      Sad to say it, but I don’t blame the St. Louis family one bit for this decision. Would you put your talented son’s future in Sneddon’s hands? The truth is that the Sneddon regime has ruined more talent than it’s fostered.

Comment

Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
        Sad to say it, but I don’t blame the St. Louis family one bit for this decision. Would you put your talented son’s future in Sneddon’s hands? The truth is that the Sneddon regime has ruined more talent than it’s fostered.
        you have got that right! sad but truth!

Also Dom Ducharme named assistant coach for the Montreal Canadiens! Great news for him! Hopefully he becomes a NHL head coach soon the ship has sailed on UVM making him their next coach that is for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          Lot of people around VT seem to be steering clear, besides RSL (who is not from VT, obviously, but his dad's an alumnus) the last 3 VTers to go D1 all went elsewhere...Finkelstein to SLU, Haskins to Michigan State, Samuelsen to UConn. And then Finkelstein left SLU and then chose to go to BC as a transfer.

Not keeping in-state talent in such a small state should raise some red flags
          Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 04-30-2018, 12:04 PM.
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

you have got that right! sad but truth!

Also Dom Ducharme named assistant coach for the Montreal Canadiens! Great news for him! Hopefully he becomes a NHL head coach soon the ship has sailed on UVM making him their next coach that is for sure!
            I was hoping he would replace Sneddon.

Comment

Not defending Sneddon here at all, because I would very much prefer to be starting next season with someone else behind the bench...

BUT...

Could it be that the St. Louis family didn't want their son to be under Marty's Shadow? Literally playing under the St. Louis name in the rafters? That would seem to add an extra layer of pressure and the kid would never have the opportunity to make a name for himself. While it would be awesome to see another St. Louis on the ice at Gutterson, I think they made the right choice no matter who is behind the bench.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Not defending Sneddon here at all, because I would very much prefer to be starting next season with someone else behind the bench...

BUT...

Could it be that the St. Louis family didn't want their son to be under Marty's Shadow? Literally playing under the St. Louis name in the rafters? That would seem to add an extra layer of pressure and the kid would never have the opportunity to make a name for himself. While it would be awesome to see another St. Louis on the ice at Gutterson, I think they made the right choice no matter who is behind the bench.
                to me it is a question if UVM was even in the conversation! as I said you must let the player be their own man but my thinking is that Marty wasnt so much concerened about the shadow he cast over the fact he knew a coach like Sneddon would ruin Ryan's career! Well known fact Marty has never liked Sneddon and he has to see what happens on the ice and talk to his many friends who are in the NHL and what they would say about a prospect going to UVM. We must remember Colton nearly tried to get out of coming here because of these concerns he has now since come to enjoy it here even though he is taking a big risk as this needs to be his best season to be a serious prospect!
                I think so many better players including the so called blue chip players that people say UVM will never get would come here because UVM has so much going for it as a school and area that some can look beyond facilities but that means you need the right coach and the right coach in the modern game of college hockey is either coaches who won national titles or coaches who have strong NHL connections and understand to develop guys no matter where they get them! Sneddon checks none of those boxes! joke in the college game, joke to the pro game and joke to the high school coaches around here who know they don't have enough talent to sent to UVM but don't even convince the locals to stay!!

Comment

I think so many better players including the so called blue chip players that people say UVM will never get would come here because UVM has so much going for it as a school and area that some can look beyond facilities but that means you need the right coach
                  Different sport but same university: see: Becker, John. Patrick's not a great facility, no doubt, but players want to play for him.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

BUT...

That is a valid point and consideration. Some kids want to be a legacy and some want to blaze their own path.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

BUT...

Yes, I think that's entirely possible, and speculated that might be the reason on the Northeastern thread last week.

Comment

Didn't Martin's wife also graduate from UVM? That's where they met, right? Anyway, would love to have been a fly on the wall when the family was discussing schools. Would love to know the thinking on UVM and if it was ever in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Didn't Martin's wife also graduate from UVM? That's where they met, right? Anyway, would love to have been a fly on the wall when the family was discussing schools. Would love to know the thinking on UVM and if it was ever in the mix.
                          Oh why are you guys worried St Louis will play for UVM

Sneddon burned one year last year and next year is yeR 2. He is clearly is Hockey East coach most on hot seat. Meanwhile while there are lots of excellent potential assistants in Hockey to vying for a Head Coach job. The hottest and most experienced is Jerry Keefe. He clearly wants a school who has good potential to succeed UVM meets that criteria, more so then Merromack who distanced self from. Keefe has already established a track record of taking his recruits with him—see Kevin Roy and the NU people said acton Reese. Keefe now has licked in the chip to separate him from the other candidates and to insure Sneddon is gone

Hey that is less bizarre then most conspiracy theories.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Quick shoutout to men's lacrosse who just advanced to the AE championship game, beating Stony Brook 8-4.

-Ian MacKay breaks the school record for career goals with 149
                            -The team broke the school record for wins in a season with 12

Comment

SCHEDULE NOTES

UVM @ UMass Lowell Jan 18-19
                              UMass Lowell @ UVM Mar 8

Comment

Another Catamount Cup participant revealed - Alabama Huntsville

Comment

Working...
                                X