Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

1967 Watched my first UNH Men’s Hockey game.
    1968-2008 Season ticket holder. (2 tickets) and gave up tickets when
    head coach changed his mind about retiring in 2008.
    1999 Joined Fan Forum.
    2009- present - see games occasionally.

Most old-time ticket holders and posters have read my comments over the years so I will not bother you with my fan experiences concerning UNH men’s & Women’s hockey. However, viewing recent postings mentioning that UNH Hockey, and that wonderful environment, “is never coming back” ….. I would like to comment:

I would imagine that the “never coming back” idea is disturbing to many fans and painful because it is true. It was a special time, place, and environment probably impossible to reconstruct. However, the memories do exist and we are allowed to relive and appreciate that past. We can revisit and visualize wonderful as well as painful memories, and we should not discount the importance of that phenomena.

The creation of memories is a joy as well as a burden that all of us carry. At times we can sense that responsibility when we look into a mirror. Hopefully the current coaches, players, and fans understand the opportunity before them as “memory makers”.

As I approach my 8th decade the responsibility and opportunity to be a memory maker becomes increasingly clear on Father’s Day ..... to all on the UNH thread - be well as the wheel turns ..........

Comment

Looks like Dickie U will have one of his old buddies to pal around with in retirement …

https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/15/aft...es-retirement/
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Looks like Dickie U will have one of his old buddies to pal around with in retirement …

Maybe the two of them can join their 1970-1971 UNH teammate Bill Beaney (HE 5 yrs NEC and 17 yrs Middlebury) on the golf course of retirement? Have there ever been three more successful collegiate hockey coaches who played the same year on the same college hockey team?

Comment

Wait, no victory lap? No transition plan to stroke the ego...
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
            Wait, no victory lap? No transition plan to stroke the ego...
            Maybe Norwich will poach Souza, who like McShane is from Wakefield, MA.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Maybe Norwich will poach Souza, who like McShane is from Wakefield, MA.
              Or we'll poach McShane to be the new "veteran" assistant to complete the finishing school, since he's from the hometown and Umile will vouch for him. Finally get the four month gap?
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Or we'll poach McShane to be the new "veteran" assistant to complete the finishing school, since he's from the hometown and Umile will vouch for him. Finally get the four month gap?
                Suddenly it all makes sense.

Comment

Suddenly it all makes sense.
                  Likewise, to me, too. Explains why McShane waited so late to retire. Maybe it was McShane who "was like a father to Souza," and not Umile?
                  Last edited by Snively65; 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    The WIS panel has set the over/under for announcement of UNH's new assistant coach at June 20th.
                    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I will take the under, double or nothing.
                    Two weeks later … tick, tick, tick, tick …

Comment

Two weeks later … tick, tick, tick, tick …
                      Not looking good for me; in a later post, I think that I suggested 31 July for new assistant, 31 August for schedule, and 30 September for captains, which might be closer to reality. No urgency for anything, I guess. As Alfred E Neumann said, "What, me worry?"

Comment

Maybe the ziprecruiter resumes are all getting trapped in the spam filter?
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Maybe the ziprecruiter resumes are all getting trapped in the spam filter?
                          Maybe nobody with any talent is interested in the job? After all, a solid candidate may have a better resume than Souza. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                            Maybe nobody with any talent is interested in the job? After all, a solid candidate may have a better resume than Souza. Just a thought.
                            Maybe not a better resume, but maybe looking to hook up with a more ambitious and/or high profile program? I mean, if I'm going to be flying all over North America (and Europe) chasing after the best and brightest, I would like to know the guy who's running the program is working at least as hard as I am. If it all falls apart, after all, it's unlikely BS35+10 is going to say "hey, maybe my master plan with MS didn't work out, but that unknown second assistant of his really has his act together". Any Genius Master Plan #2 would almost certainly have to deliver on the promised so-called nationwide search.

Or maybe it wouldn't …

Comment

Maybe not a better resume, but maybe looking to hook up with a more ambitious and/or high profile program? I mean, if I'm going to be flying all over North America (and Europe) chasing after the best and brightest, I would like to know the guy who's running the program is working at least as hard as I am. If it all falls apart, after all, it's unlikely BS35+10 is going to say "hey, maybe my master plan with MS didn't work out, but that unknown second assistant of his really has his act together". Any Genius Master Plan #2 would almost certainly have to deliver on the promised so-called nationwide search.

Or maybe it wouldn't …
                              I woulda thought that when potential assistant coach candidates saw the big ramp up in our OOC opponents' PWR for this coming season (see post a few pages back), they would be knocking down the doors, so to speak, for an interview.

Comment

Don't you all see it... No 2nd assistant, less cost. BS is banking some coin to cover spending last year... Since the team didn't bring in enough revenue. Budget year doesn't end till June 30.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X