Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Andrew Poturalski heads up to the 'Canes next season congrats Andrew!!

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...al/c-299005206
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-09-2018, 01:00 PM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Woohoo! AP played one year with BP at UNH, but missed playing with TvR by a year. Long overdue trivia question, especially for an off-season thread: assuming that AP, BP, and TvR are on the opening day 'canes roster, when was the last time that at least three former Cats play for the same NHL team? Name the team and players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Woohoo! AP played one year with BP at UNH, but missed playing with TvR by a year. Long overdue trivia question, especially for an off-season thread: assuming that AP, BP, and TvR are on the opening day 'canes roster, when was the last time that at least three former Cats play for the same NHL team? Name the team and players.
        That's a great question but I'd have to research it and I'm busy grilling right now
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

JVR, Daniel Winnik, and Trevor Smith played for the Toronto Maple Leafs in '14-'15.
          THINK PINK
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

It's a one year, two-way contract, with no guarantees of anything but an invite to training camp. Looks like 'Canes management is sending a clear message to AP that it's time to step up or step away.

FWIW - AP was one of two double-digit negative players on the Checkers, who as a team were +187. By comparison, UNH teammate Warren Foegele was a +22, and led the team with 28 even strength goals.

http://gocheckers.com/stats/playerstats
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Probably (briefly) Pesce, TvR and Foegele (2 games) last season with Carolina?
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Probably (briefly) Pesce, TvR and Foegele (2 games) last season with Carolina?
                Great guess, but Pesce was injured and did not play in games 76 and 77 when Foegeli scored a goal in each game and an assist in the first one. TvR had an assist in each game.

Maybe four UNH alums will get into the same game with the 'canes this season?

I think that whoop87 is correct about the 2014-15 Leafs.

Trust that you did not burn whatever you were grillin', e.cat, worrying about this question. :-)
                Last edited by Snively65; 06-09-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Great job UNH hockey management, just got my season ticket renewal along with the home schedule for next season. Great news is that the prices did not go up. For the same rate as last season we get two less home games! Last season had 18 home matches plus the exhibition, this season (as provided in the email) has 17 games and no exhibition.

You guys really crack me up. If the results on the ice don't keep emptying the building, decisions like this surely will. Only people I feel bad for in this are the players, who will be looking at a lot of empty blue seats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                    Great job UNH hockey management, just got my season ticket renewal along with the home schedule for next season. Great news is that the prices did not go up. For the same rate as last season we get two less home games! Last season had 18 home matches plus the exhibition, this season (as provided in the email) has 17 games and no exhibition.

You guys really crack me up. If the results on the ice don't keep emptying the building, decisions like this surely will. Only people I feel bad for in this are the players, who will be looking at a lot of empty blue seats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                    Good for you supporting the team as a STH, DB. But, please share the home schedule with us. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Great guess, but Pesce was injured and did not play in games 76 and 77 when Foegeli scored a goal in each game and an assist in the first one. TvR had an assist in each game.

Maybe four UNH alums will get into the same game with the 'canes this season?

I think that whoop87 is correct about the 2014-15 Leafs.

Trust that you did not burn whatever you were grillin', e.cat, worrying about this question. :-)
                      Restaurant quality 65!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Good for you supporting the team as a STH, DB. But, please share the home schedule with us. :-)
                        DB is spot on....17 home games, no exhibition game. First home game is Oct. 27:

10/27 UVM
                        11/3 UMass-Amherst
                        11/10 BU
                        11/23 Miami
                        11/24 Miami
                        12/1 Providence
                        12/8 Dartmouth
                        12/30 Bentley

1/4 Merrimack
                        1/5 Yale
                        1/12 BC
                        1/26 UConn
                        2/1 Maine
                        2/2 Maine
                        2/22 Northeastern
                        2/23 Northeastern
                        3/1 UMass-Lowell
                        UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

10/27 UVM
                          11/3 UMass-Amherst
                          11/10 BU
                          11/23 Miami
                          11/24 Miami
                          12/1 Providence
                          12/8 Dartmouth
                          12/30 Bentley

1/4 Merrimack
                          1/5 Yale
                          1/12 BC
                          1/26 UConn
                          2/1 Maine
                          2/2 Maine
                          2/22 Northeastern
                          2/23 Northeastern
                          3/1 UMass-Lowell
                          Many thanks, Scott. I like this home schedule with more Saturday night games, as Friday night games are difficult for me with the traffic when driving north.

And, Chuck should be delighted with cupcake Bentley making its third visit to the Whitt. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

10/27 UVM
                            11/3 UMass-Amherst
                            11/10 BU
                            11/23 Miami
                            11/24 Miami
                            12/1 Providence
                            12/8 Dartmouth
                            12/30 Bentley

1/4 Merrimack
                            1/5 Yale
                            1/12 BC
                            1/26 UConn
                            2/1 Maine
                            2/2 Maine
                            2/22 Northeastern
                            2/23 Northeastern
                            3/1 UMass-Lowell
                            Thanks much. Know when we intend to hear something about the road games?

And given last year y'all came to us, perhaps the annual outing with RPI has come to an end.

Comment

I believe we have an exhibition game on 10/6. We have 4 reciprocal games on the road as last October we had CC and Colgate. I believe FlagDUDE has these already. We will have 35 games in total as always. The only other away game is probably Dartmouth in December as it is probably home at SNHU arena one night and at Dartmouth the other night. The rest are hockey east and they have not finalized a few hockey east games. We have one less home game (that includes Verizon/SNHU). Maybe they will give griping season ticket holders extra seats at the Verizon as that has been empty the past 4 times we played there. They did not charge us extra for the additional home games last year. I believe it would be best if they dropped prices for season tickets and they probably would fill more seats but not sure they would generate more revenue overall. I am optimistic as always and we should be having fun predicting lines and defensive pairings and how many games we will win this year for over/under.

I wish they would get rid of the ESPN 3, but they argue that it gives us exposure. The total for all UNH sports is likely far short of $100,000 per year and it probably does not cover the cost of the UNH staff associated with the agreement. 20+ minutes per game reduces the enjoyment and flow of the game.

Have a great summer and I hope to see you all in October and better yet at the home opener for football.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                                I believe we have an exhibition game on 10/6. We have 4 reciprocal games on the road as last October we had CC and Colgate. I believe FlagDUDE has these already. We will have 35 games in total as always. The only other away game is probably Dartmouth in December as it is probably home at SNHU arena one night and at Dartmouth the other night. The rest are hockey east and they have not finalized a few hockey east games. We have one less home game (that includes Verizon/SNHU). Maybe they will give griping season ticket holders extra seats at the Verizon as that has been empty the past 4 times we played there. They did not charge us extra for the additional home games last year. I believe it would be best if they dropped prices for season tickets and they probably would fill more seats but not sure they would generate more revenue overall. I am optimistic as always and we should be having fun predicting lines and defensive pairings and how many games we will win this year for over/under.

I wish they would get rid of the ESPN 3, but they argue that it gives us exposure. The total for all UNH sports is likely far short of $100,000 per year and it probably does not cover the cost of the UNH staff associated with the agreement. 20+ minutes per game reduces the enjoyment and flow of the game.

Have a great summer and I hope to see you all in October and better yet at the home opener for football.
                                I have 11 games to fill, including 3 non-conference. Colgate makes sense and I assume it'll be a single game, but I don't have a date on that yet given Colgate hasn't released to the best of my knowledge. Still trying to figure out the remaining western series and what could fit; not sure if there'll be a third one of those, or if you'd stay east for two more.

Comment

Working...
                                X