Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    That bit seems responsive to some of the criticisms leveled at the last HC, good to know it's being addressed.
    But, no explicit mention of management of the power play?

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Was just thinking yesterday watching all the Regionals that it was 5 years ago that I started following. Question for you veterans about that game v UML that we lost 2-0...do you think we would have possibly won if Goumas/Downing had been in the line up that day? Not a haunting q but makes me go hmmm....Hope it won't take forever to get back there!
      That was the last pretty good team! I think they certainly could have changed the outcome in a 2-0 game. Both important key role players on that team. A shame.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        That was the last pretty good team! I think they certainly could have changed the outcome in a 2-0 game. Both important key role players on that team. A shame.
        Hopeful at best. That was the start of the Bazin hardware era, no stoppin' the 'Hawks on that occasion ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          But, no explicit mention of management of the power play?
          Specifically the 5 on 3 power play...

Comment

Well, Motzko leaves St. Clown to take over for the Goophs. Another "potential" gone...that UNH associate HC position is still open...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Was just thinking yesterday watching all the Regionals that it was 5 years ago that I started following. Question for you veterans about that game v UML that we lost 2-0...do you think we would have possibly won if Goumas/Downing had been in the line up that day? Not a haunting q but makes me go hmmm....Hope it won't take forever to get back there!
              We had Goumas and Downing the next year against the same team, against the same goalie, in the same place, and lost 4-0, right? Hellebuyck had our number.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Well, Motzko leaves St. Clown to take over for the Goophs. Another "potential" gone...that UNH associate HC position is still open...
                I wonder where Dennehy will wind up?
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Dennehy doesn't have to have a job right away if he chooses. His contract was good thru 2019 when Merrimack extended it in Feb 2017. I guess that he's good until the 2020-21 season and maybe longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                    Dennehy doesn't have to have a job right away if he chooses. His contract was good thru 2019 when Merrimack extended it in Feb 2017. I guess that he's good until the 2020-21 season and maybe longer.
                    Any guesses on his annual salary? That dismissal sounds like a big financial hit for the AD at Mack, something not all that incomprehensible to this longtime UNH fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      Kinda takes the sting away! Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        We had Goumas and Downing the next year against the same team, against the same goalie, in the same place, and lost 4-0, right? Hellebuyck had our number.
                        I always felt UNH played so well that 2-0 game because no Goumas and Downing. The team played a different style that night, tight and defensive because they had to without the scorers. You had to grind it out against those uml teams and that was the one night UNH had the will to try.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                          It's nice to have a cushion and not need to grab the first thing that shows ... but he's not getting any younger, and will want to move on to his next job as soon as something approaching the "right" one materializes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                            I always felt UNH played so well that 2-0 game because no Goumas and Downing. The team played a different style that night, tight and defensive because they had to without the scorers. You had to grind it out against those uml teams and that was the one night UNH had the will to try.
                            I realize that we probably should move this discussion over to the grand finale (looking back) thread, but it is what it is. Agreed on our defensive play that night, but lest we forget, our D had been strong all year. CDS had an excellent season in net, and we had three solid blue line pairs with TvR, Knodel, Hardowa, Agusta, Kostelansky, and Pesce (two future NHLers). Definitely a big drop off from Goumas and Downing to their replacements in Camper and MacDonald in that 2-0 loss to UML. But, I am still not sure that the outcome would have been much different with Goumas and Downing in the lineup, as Hellebuyck was lights out down the stretch that season.

Comment

Looks like our "looking ahead to the future" thread has fallen to Page 2 ... bump

Comment

So I like UMD but my father is a Notre Dame alum so I'll be rooting for them!

Happy ND sent Michigan packing. They've won it enough times already!
                                Last edited by e.cat; 04-06-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X