Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Agree. No HC big dance experience is a killer!
    And, what hardware did HC big dance experience get us?

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018 Offseason- Out with the old , in with the semi new?

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Well, for a start, we got a neat bobblehead which you hopefully you will receive shortly!!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        I think DU did improve performance with experience. From a couple of debacles to a couple of finals. Didn't get us to the promised land but did get us close.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

2 of the goals NU gave up today were soft. 1 or 2 last Friday as well.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Soft goals don't cut it this time of year!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              On the NU thread they said that one of their d-men had been "dismissed" from the team and they were playing with five because the coach didn't "trust" the guys who hadn't played all year. They were definitely exhausted...also small. The bigger Michigan forwards continuously were able to dip their shoulders and get inside them. They did it at least fifteen times if they did it once and it directly led to two of the goals. I'm surprised the d-men didn't back off and force the forwards to the outside. I believe it cost them the game. Sometimes you have to go with guys that haven't played much because they could be better than playing tired players.

Comment

“The last 19 years have been better than I could have imagined,” the 59-year-old Lucia said while reading from a five-page opening statement, choking up when he started to talk about his family. “This is the right time for me to leave coaching and move on to the next phase of my life.”

“I’m turning 60 years old. It’s time. It’s somebody else’s turn. I was never one to say I’m going to coach until I was 65 or 70. I looked at probably around 60 was not a bad time,” Lucia said. “I’ve always felt that this is a great job and somebody else should have the opportunity to do it.”

How

Freaking

Refreshing

Wonder what would have happened if McCloskey took over 8-10 years ago ... ???
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Soft goals don't cut it this time of year!
                  At least Vanek's goals in the Buffalo FF were not soft. And, sure, I agree that we have been closer to the promised land than NU. But, for the past decade plus it has been brutal to be an UNH hockey fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    At least Vanek's goals in the Buffalo FF were not soft. And, sure, I agree that we have been closer to the promised land than NU. But, for the past decade plus it has been brutal to be an UNH hockey fan.
                    Was just thinking yesterday watching all the Regionals that it was 5 years ago that I started following. Question for you veterans about that game v UML that we lost 2-0...do you think we would have possibly won if Goumas/Downing had been in the line up that day? Not a haunting q but makes me go hmmm....Hope it won't take forever to get back there!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Was just thinking yesterday watching all the Regionals that it was 5 years ago that I started following. Question for you veterans about that game v UML that we lost 2-0...do you think we would have possibly won if Goumas/Downing had been in the line up that day? Not a haunting q but makes me go hmmm....Hope it won't take forever to get back there!
                      I think that all teams deal with injuries, but the good teams with good coaching usually prevail despite the injuries. Cases in point, your local B's and C's at the moment.

Get back where? If you mean the Frozen Four, forgeddaboutit; will be lucky to get back to the Garden and/or make the NCAAs with this coaching/recruiting crew, and I am not holding my breath on either of those goals.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 03-25-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I think that all teams deal with injuries, but the good teams with good coaching usually prevail despite the injuries. Cases in point, your local B's and C's at the moment.

Get back where? If you mean the Frozen Four, forgeddaboutit; will be lucky to get back to the Garden and/or make the NCAAs with this coaching/recruiting crew, and I am not holding my breath on either of those goals.
                        Get back anywhere you know kind of like the Beatles song "Get back to where you once belonged". Watching a ton of games this weekend really makes you want to be a part of it...at some point. I realize where we are right now. Hoping for a Bruins Stanley Cup run!!! Go B's!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well, going back to 2008, UNH is 4-4 in the NCAA'$ including big wins over NODAK and Denver and Cornell!

Comment

Well, going back to 2008, UNH is 4-4 in the NCAA'$ including big wins over NODAK and Denver and Cornell!
                            I know, I focus too much on that "big" loss to RIT after the "big win" over Cornell in 2010. Sigh.

Comment

I know, I focus too much on that "big" loss to RIT after the "big win" over Cornell in 2010. Sigh.
                              That game still gives me nightmares. That is one of those games that just snowballed

Comment

Yup. Not their finest moment!

Comment

Working...
                                X