WCHA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Playoffs

Why did it take so long for Halldorson and the play by play guy to start referring to the OSU goaltender, by her name, Zeglen, instead of referring to her as the goaltender?

Re: WCHA Playoffs

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Why did it take so long for Halldorson and the play by play guy to start referring to the OSU goaltender, by her name, Zeglen, instead of referring to her as the goaltender?
    They know her name now in period 2. Not sure Sauve would have played any better.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      They know her name now in period 2. Not sure Sauve would have played any better.
      Made them look amateurish with their experience.

Zeglen looks sharp (except for that goal). Seems quick and her technicals seem solid. Nice touch on the puck toss after the save but that could have been dangerous if the ref had decided to swallow his whistle at the last second.

Comment

Peters had an amazing game!

Comment

I expected a better and faster game.

OSU forwards couldn't get on the same page and looked disorganized and less than enthusiastic in the offensive zone...kind of lethargic.

Sadek put in no effort on the eng to skate back and disrupt the puck carrier prior to her reaching the OSU blue line.

Seems to me like this game should be going to OT. UM squeaks by with a goal from a sharp angle that should have been a routine stop.

Comment

Wisconsin and Minnesota have played games of 3-2, 2-1, 4-3, and 1-0 this year. I doubt We're going to get a 5-4 game, and I don't know how to get 0 to -1, so something's gotta give tomorrow.

Comment

Thought game could have gone either way, Zeglen was very sharp and made some saves that Sauve may not have.OSU has made significant strides this year, hope the ride is not over and they advance to the NCAA's playoffs.

OSU forwards couldn't get on the same page and looked disorganized and less than enthusiastic in the offensive zone...kind of lethargic.

Sadek put in no effort on the eng to skate back and disrupt the puck carrier prior to her reaching the OSU blue line.

Seems to me like this game should be going to OT. UM squeaks by with a goal from a sharp angle that should have been a routine stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFan View Post
                Thought game could have gone either way, Zeglen was very sharp and made some saves that Sauve may not have.OSU has made significant strides this year, hope the ride is not over and they advance to the NCAA's playoffs.
                Unless I am mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, Ohio State has clinched a spot in the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  Unless I am mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, Ohio State has clinched a spot in the NCAAs.
                  Yep. The team that needs to be worried about a Minnesota win is Cornell.

Comment

I'm not sure we watched the same game.

Comment

You do know that OSU was wearing gray, right?

Comment

A Grace Zumwinkle shot on goal is never a bad play. She had one today that she missed just high that I was sure was going through the glass, through the wall, and out onto 5th Street.

Comment

So whether or not Sauve is going to be out next week will determine whether I'm rooting for the Gophers tomorrow.

What's the deal?
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            So whether or not Sauve is going to be out next week will determine whether I'm rooting for the Gophers tomorrow.

What's the deal?
                            The deal is that, based upon what I saw today, you might rather face Sauve.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              The deal is that, based upon what I saw today, you might rather face Sauve.
                              Well, the debate is if I'd rather play Cornell, OSU with Sauve, or OSU without Sauve lol
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                              X