X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    And yet, even a dimbulb such as yourself will ha've to admit that certain weapons create greater carnage, more easily, and with deadlier results.
    Uh the only one acting like a dimbulb here is you. Your little obsession with Brent is beyond disturbing and your attitude is ridiculously uncalled for.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The underlined was the "ding!" I have been for more gun control, and yet, here's someone who just found a different way to create carnage. It's the CULTURE of weapons (no matter what kind) that needs to change.
      Great. I don't think many here are opposed to limiting knives in schools.

Here's the rub. Legislating knives just saddles gun control (guns are the far greater danger) with additional complications and regulation. And many gun advocates use this to duck society out of the gun control debate all together. This line of reasoning is part of the reason that we're still not out of the starting blocks yet.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        So, gun, pretty much a done deal every time
        There's a reason that girl in high school was so popular.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Uh the only one acting like a dimbulb here is you. Your little obsession with Brent is beyond disturbing and your attitude is ridiculously uncalled for.
          Tell him to quit writing so much stupid sh1t on here, and we'll be good.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hostages taken by a gunman with a high powered rifle at a Napa nursing home.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Hostages taken by a gunman with a high powered rifle at a Napa nursing home.
              Doesn't seem like a high value bargaining chip.

Just sayin'.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm comforted to know that grenade launchers have been banned in Maryland since 2013.

@FoxNews: .@FBI agent who killed wife, self had a grenade launcher but no domestic violence history http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/09...e-history.html
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  I'm comforted to know that grenade launchers have been banned in Maryland since 2013.

@FoxNews: .@FBI agent who killed wife, self had a grenade launcher but no domestic violence history http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/09...e-history.html
                  Commie pinko people's republic doesn't care about FREEDUMB!!!

But anyway... Crownsville median detached home value: $855,040.

It's a start.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

NRA suing Florida over new gun law.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nr...law/index.html

Guessing people like Dana Loesch see nothing wrong with this.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Guessing people like Dana Loesch see nothing wrong with this.
                      She's the living, breathing definition of CU Next Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        She's the living, breathing definition of CU Next Tuesday.
                        Leave Cornell, Clarkson and Colgate out of this!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Great. I don't think many here are opposed to limiting knives in schools.

Here's the rub. Legislating knives just saddles gun control (guns are the far greater danger) with additional complications and regulation. And many gun advocates use this to duck society out of the gun control debate all together. This line of reasoning is part of the reason that we're still not out of the starting blocks yet.
                          20 years ago (just to throw out a number), people had a beef, they maybe had a fistfight, the very occasional rampage on a populated area, and it was done with.

Now, we have people thinking, "I'm going to go get a (insert weapon) and take out a bunch of people unrelated to my beef."

More gun control is a band-aid. A good band-aid, but still a band-aid. Our thought process and attitudes towards violence needs to change. Scooby is correct in saying that we'll never get rid of murder. It's been around since the existence of life. I posted the knife story to stress that point. We need to somehow change our violent culture. Downgrade that violent attitude.

Gee, the knife caused less damage. Wheeeeee. 21 people were still stabbed, and no one really blinked an eye, because hey, at least it wasn't a gun, and it wasn't deaths. That's a pretty low standard, you know?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            20 years ago (just to throw out a number), people had a beef, they maybe had a fistfight, the very occasional rampage on a populated area, and it was done with.

Now, we have people thinking, "I'm going to go get a (insert weapon) and take out a bunch of people unrelated to my beef."

More gun control is a band-aid. A good band-aid, but still a band-aid. Our thought process and attitudes towards violence needs to change. Scooby is correct in saying that we'll never get rid of murder. It's been around since the existence of life. I posted the knife story to stress that point. We need to somehow change our violent culture. Downgrade that violent attitude.

Gee, the knife caused less damage. Wheeeeee. 21 people were still stabbed, and no one really blinked an eye, because hey, at least it wasn't a gun, and it wasn't deaths. That's a pretty low standard, you know?
                            That sounds all fine and good, until you get to the part where gun deaths haven't changed much over the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              That sounds all fine and good, until you get to the part where gun deaths haven't changed much over the last 20 years.
                              That is why I said I was just throwing out a number. I literally (yes, I used that word correctly) was throwing out a number.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You literally threw a number?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X