X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    I know this sounds crazy, but if you want to get back to the days of fist fights instead of shootings, you take the guns away. It is just that simple. You could make it illegal to carry them in public if you don't want to take them away, leave it so they may be owned and stored at peoples homes but only be transported to and from ranges unloaded and locked in a case. To stop shootings you need to disarm people, this isn't rocket science.
    I think the underlined/bold is reasonable. It'll take a bit. Whatever one proposes for more gun control will get massive push-back, hence my comment about chipping away at it. I think the public-carry would be a second-step sort of step.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I think the underlined/bold is reasonable. It'll take a bit. Whatever one proposes for more gun control will get massive push-back, hence my comment about chipping away at it. I think the public-carry would be a second-step sort of step.
      Yeah, the NRA has done a brilliant job of framing this issue as about MY RIGHTS instead of my guns.

More to the point: MY RIGHTS instead of those deaths.

Comment

LOL

Also, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          You could make it illegal to carry them in public if you don't want to take them away, leave it so they may be owned and stored at peoples homes but only be transported to and from ranges unloaded and locked in a case. To stop shootings you need to disarm people, this isn't rocket science.
          I pushed for this 6 years ago on this site (taking guns off the streets and allowing specified zones for hunting). I was pretty much alone and it didn't go well. If at least its accepted here...
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Well, that’s pretty much unconstitutional so yeah.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Well, that’s pretty much unconstitutional so yeah.
              Hmmm...exactly what is unconstitutional?
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Forcing people to keep their guns unloaded and locked. It’s already been decided by the courts.

And gun-free zones would never fly as large swaths of land.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You know what can be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Forcing people to keep their guns unloaded and locked. It’s already been decided by the courts.

And gun-free zones would never fly as large swaths of land.
                    'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.' Here's a judges feedback on a DC decision to block conceal: “At the Second Amendment's core lies the right of responsible citizens to carry firearms for personal self-defense beyond the home". The dude totally made that s* up.

If you like conceal, you can admit it. But its bad for the country and its citizens...and we need to get back to the intent of the FF's 2nd rather than that of contemporary pols and the NRA.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

It's just freaking ridiculous that anyone thinks that any one particular hobby should be singled out for special Constitutional status. In 1818, hunting was a necessity for a large portion of the population; in 2018, not so much - it's a hobby, plain and simple. What's next - the right to bear chess pieces? Protection is a red herring, too - disarm everyone and nobody will need a guns to defend themselves. In most civilized countries, nobody has guns and their crime rates do not run amok.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I wish it could be okay for anyone who is absolutely qualified to C&C to actually do so. However, I'll make concessions on my part if the anti-gun crowd also makes concessions, with the overall result being a positive. Both "sides" will have to give in a little to obtain this result. Neither party will be totally satisfied, but that is how it is.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I wish it could be okay for anyone who is absolutely qualified to C&C to actually do so. However, I'll make concessions on my part if the anti-gun crowd also makes concessions, with the overall result being a positive. Both "sides" will have to give in a little to obtain this result. Neither party will be totally satisfied, but that is how it is.
                          Most people I know favor such basic things as much better regulation, a ban on assault weapons, and keeping guns out of public places. I know very few who are "anti gun" in the sense they want to prohibit people from owning shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Most people I know favor such basic things as much better regulation, a ban on assault weapons, and keeping guns out of public places. I know very few who are "anti gun" in the sense they want to prohibit people from owning shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns, etc.
                            The obvious and cliched loopholes I'm obviously behind. Willing to go further, try something different, etc. Some things I don't fully agree with, but to move forward, are necessary concessions, you know?

Comment

How soon before the term M-4 or M-27 "assault weapon" comes to a neighborhood near you?

https://defensesecuritytoday.com/2018/03/08/666/
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

NRA wins again.

President Donald J. Trump confirmed his administration wouldn't immediately pursue a proposal to raise the age limit for buying assault rifles.
                                And that is the very issue Trump ripped Toomey and other Republicans on. He also ripped them for being afraid of the NRA. Who's afraid now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

What a *****.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X