Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Oh, and PS: STOP ****ING SNOWING!!!
    Mornin’ y’all. I agree with this

**Passes a cold one to Hammer** Congrats brother!

Headed up to the Wild game this evening. Hope it goes similarly to Sunday.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

And, of course, the last one that came in.....ALL the drama. The tears, the story of the fight with her husband, everything. I was looking around the room looking for the stage and the Academy Award that she thought she was going to win. Good grief.

It doesn’t matter. I don’t care. Tax season is over, I’m stuffing my face with tacos, and if it can STOP ****ING SNOWING, life will be good for a bit.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 195: Who ends up at the RR Country Club for the summer 1st?

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        And, of course, the last one that came in.....ALL the drama. The tears, the story of the fight with her husband, everything. I was looking around the room looking for the stage and the Academy Award that she thought she was going to win. Good grief.

It doesn’t matter. I don’t care. Tax season is over, I’m stuffing my face with tacos, and if it can STOP ****ING SNOWING, life will be good for a bit.
        I’d have gone over to TBC and had beer and buffalo chicken dip, but that’s me...

Glad you’ve made it through another one.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Oh, and PS: STOP ****ING SNOWING!!!
          Flurries are nice.

Comment

Did you ask her if the fight started in mid January when, you know, all the documents arrive?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Good morning Lodge. It's dry here today - yay!

Dad's going to see the cardiologist today (thank God for a cancellation, otherwise no appointment till June). Called his PCP, he's on vacation this week. And no open appointment till May 16. Oy. His PA has availability this Friday, so we're going to see him. This is the stat of healthcare, I guess. My dad was in the ER for almost 24 hours and a doctor never came to see him. They say follow up with his PCP and can't get an appointment for a month. He really needs to see someone and I do not want to take him back to the ER. He's pretty weak. He's up walking and everything but he's upset he's weak and it's a chore to do something simple. I'm worried he's going to collapse again. It's been a pain trying to get him to drink water and Gatorade through the day.

les - I know you've stated your opinion about LGH. Any different at Saints? I know LGH now owns them. Just wondering if it's bigger and if they have more doctors.
              Same exact hospital, different campuses. Different buildings exact same system.

They should have openings for sick visits/ people who need attention. This isn't a routine follow up, he is still in trouble. If they still won't accommodate then call the insurance company and ask them what they suggest because he is in trouble and doesn't warrant an ER.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Same exact hospital, different campuses. Different buildings exact same system.

They should have openings for sick visits/ people who need attention. This isn't a routine follow up, he is still in trouble. If they still won't accommodate then call the insurance company and ask them what they suggest because he is in trouble and doesn't warrant an ER.
                Had a good appointment with the cardiologist. My dad likes him a lot, which is good. Visiting PT came this morning, took his blood pressure. It was low. Had them take it again at the cardiologist's office. The first number went up, the bottom number went down a little. The cardiologist told my dad to stop taking his blood pressure medicine and for the next week or so to add salt to his diet. We went to Market Basket on the way home and I told my mom to get a big bag of chips. He's still pretty dehydrated, we have been on him to drink water, also Gatorade (which has salt). Hoping his PCP's PA can help a little more.

I came home this afternoon. They're coming here Thursday because his PCP is in Kenmore Sq. and the appointment is at 9:45 so it will be an easier commute there on Friday morning. Called my brother and SIL and asked if they would check in tomorrow. I'm going to the office tomorrow and Thursday and taking Friday off. I was supposed to be out all week anyway, so hopefully that won't be a big issue.

Comment

Scarlet- this may be why he is having a problem- if his PCP is not connected to LGH and he is going there when he has an emergency that is fractured care and he is less likely to get cohesive, logical plan. THe Hospitals/ERs, PCP are not going to have access to all his medical info. Discharge summaries can take days to be complete, they can arrive in bits and pieces or things like labs might not be included. I didn't realize he wasn't connected to LGH.

I just had an 'appt' with one of my friend's parents about this. She was going to a PCP out of area but going to LGH every time she was sick. It was really screwing up care- redundant testing, people making plans that weren't matching. FInally talked her into seeing LGH PCP. They refer to the Tertiary hospitals (Boston) when needed and she is finally getting logical care. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief including her long time PCP who was horribly frustrated at her going out of system, getting tests that she couldn't have again 'local' to PCP

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Did you ask her if the fight started in mid January when, you know, all the documents arrive?
                    No, because IDGAF.

I took a nap. What did I dream about? Tax returns. Great...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Scarlet- this may be why he is having a problem- if his PCP is not connected to LGH and he is going there when he has an emergency that is fractured care and he is less likely to get cohesive, logical plan. THe Hospitals/ERs, PCP are not going to have access to all his medical info. Discharge summaries can take days to be complete, they can arrive in bits and pieces or things like labs might not be included. I didn't realize he wasn't connected to LGH.

I just had an 'appt' with one of my friend's parents about this. She was going to a PCP out of area but going to LGH every time she was sick. It was really screwing up care- redundant testing, people making plans that weren't matching. FInally talked her into seeing LGH PCP. They refer to the Tertiary hospitals (Boston) when needed and she is finally getting logical care. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief including her long time PCP who was horribly frustrated at her going out of system, getting tests that she couldn't have again 'local' to PCP
                      My dad didn't want to switch his PCP when they moved up there because he's been seeing him for a long time. My mom changed. My SIL has been hounding him to make a change to a doctor closer to where they live. This might actually be a good reason for him to make the change. It's a pain because his PCP is in Boston. Hard for him (them) to get down here for appointments. His cardiologist is connected to LGH. The hospital is so close to where they live, if 911 is called, that's where they take him.

Comment

No, because IDGAF.

I took a nap. What did I dream about? Tax returns. Great...
                        Is there a way to check and confirm the IRS received my return? I usually get my state refund really quickly. Haven't received it yet. I'm OK with them telling me it will take x-amount of time. I'm just slightly panicking that it never arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Is there a way to check and confirm the IRS received my return? I usually get my state refund really quickly. Haven't received it yet. I'm OK with them telling me it will take x-amount of time. I'm just slightly panicking that it never arrived.
                          Not sure how your return was prepared, but when we use our software, we get confirmation that the IRS has accepted the return filed. I've also found that with Turbo Tax as well.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh, and the IRS website being down for a good chunk of today does NOT help matters one bit.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I had an accountant prepare it. Then I mailed it.

Comment

On a paper-filed return, I've seen where they want you to wait 2-4 weeks before you check on it. If you're expecting a refund, you could go to http://www.irs.gov/Refunds. Calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 is a last result, but be prepared to wait on hold for a while.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X