Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Maine Hockey

Re: Maine Hockey

Maybe the leader is in goal ???

https://youtu.be/j2XXNOZbeZo

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Quite a difference from last year....in terms that even with a very good and talented team they could slide out of the playoffs....going from what many thought they would be lucky to be in the playoffs last year to the biggest surprise team to this year where they were pegged at #3 in Hockey East to not only not playing to that expectations to pretty much playing close to or right @ .500 hockey...last year they snuck up on everyone while this year teams were prepared and ready for what Maine brought to the ice.
    It is what it is. Talented team that wishes underachieved. It is in their own control.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    It is what it is. Talented team that wishes underachieved. It is in their own control.
    Well they lost both to BC..2-1 and 5-2...Vermont plays Holy Cross twice this weekend and can move past Maine with 2 wins....most likely as you said before next Saturdays game will be a Playoff game for the Playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well they lost both to BC..2-1 and 5-2...Vermont plays Holy Cross twice this weekend and can move past Maine with 2 wins....most likely as you said before next Saturdays game will be a Playoff game for the Playoffs.
    Yes, next game is a playoff game.

Yes, next game is a playoff game.
    If they can't get up for that one come Saturday then a lesson learned....the game is on the ice and being pegged #3 this season has one wonder....did they think it was going to be easy?

Looks like a good goalie recruit Anna LaRose from Albertsville, MN. Rated 3.75 out of 5 by Nuetral Zone.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...76/anna-larose

Here is some video highlights on her...
    https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/anna_larose/

Anna LaRose (North Wright County, G, 2020) Anna is quick in net and moves side to side covers her posts quickly. She comes out to challenge opponents and cut down the angle of the play. Anna has a quick glove hand and covers the puck well without allowing many rebounds. Her confidence in net is improving and it looks like she will have a great couple of years ahead of her.

Captain and assistant captain along with two others suspended indefinitely. Nice way to end the season. Alcohol and fighting involved. Injuries have plagued the team and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Captain and assistant captain along with two others suspended indefinitely. Nice way to end the season. Alcohol and fighting involved. Injuries have plagued the team and now this.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2019/02/21/sports/ice-hockey-sports/four-umaine-womens-ice-hockey-players-suspended-from-team/

Oh dear, well we will see if the team left can pull off a miracle with their backs against the wall. All four are not on the goblackbears.com roster.

i would not worry about the game.I would worry about the overall state of the program. Do you think this stuff has been going on all season?

Quote Originally Posted by baseball fan View Post
    i would not worry about the game.I would worry about the overall state of the program. Do you think this stuff has been going on all season?
    Probably. But parents have to sack up and govern their children.

I know Matteua is a bit angry. But Kucera??? She probabky was a voice of reason. I bet Kucera was a mother in this incident. And Matteau was ****ed.

Heading into my senior year of a bachelor's degree... I made all efforts to be employable. F sad.

You could have had it all. You let us down.

G d Matteau Why? You're our captain?

Probably. But parents have to sack up and govern their children.
    Parents? The seniors are 21 and 22 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Parents? The seniors are 21 and 22 years old...
    Ya, parents have no bearing on this and nor should they at that age. Parenting is done before kids leave the nest to head off to college. After that they're on their own.

It comes down to character of the individual.Everyone will have an excuse if some thing ever happened. If that driver got into an accident or someone got seriously injured at the bar. No, we worry about a hockey game. i am sure it will be exciting at Alfond arena for Sr day.

Wonder how Vermont is handling this news?!

UMaine has integrity. They won't play. Hurts a promising program.... That a few can hurt this team so much. Shame on upperclassmen. Shame on Matteaue the most. She was our anchor. Matteaue you let UMaine down.

Thread Information