Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 336

Thread: Maine Hockey

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Maine did not look good today.

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Well at least a split this weekend, 5-1-0...tough road weekend coming up @ UNH & BC.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well at least a split this weekend, 5-1-0...tough road weekend coming up @ UNH & BC.
    Did you expect to be 5-1-0 after 6 games? My guess is probably not. Terrific start for this team and I would bet that neither BC or UNH are taking you lightly. Enjoy.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Nice highlights on hockeyeastonline...
    https://youtu.be/Pj4Z-C_0YKg

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Did you expect to be 5-1-0 after 6 games? My guess is probably not. Terrific start for this team and I would bet that neither BC or UNH are taking you lightly. Enjoy.
    Yes.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Sundays game versus BC, 1st period both teams called for penalty's that some on both sides should have been let go...2nd period Maine looked to be tired half way through as BC began to skate and move the pace...3rd period Maine had chances but BC still is the better team versus Maine and in the League as a hold. To compete at the higher level they have to start beating a team like BC, especially @ home.

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Sundays game versus BC, 1st period both teams called for penalty's that some on both sides should have been let go...2nd period Maine looked to be tired half way through as BC began to skate and move the pace...3rd period Maine had chances but BC still is the better team versus Maine and in the League as a hold. To compete at the higher level they have to start beating a team like BC, especially @ home.
    Yup. Can't beat BC or Northeastern, then can't do much against NCAA tourney field. I suppose this team isn't as good as what I thought they were. Par for the course for me as the men's team s playing a lot worse than I thought they would. Looks like another down year for us.

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Bob Corkum is coaching USA women's team at 4 nations tournament next week...
    https://bangordailynews.com/2018/10/...am-in-2018-19/

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Yup. Can't beat BC or Northeastern, then can't do much against NCAA tourney field. I suppose this team isn't as good as what I thought they were. Par for the course for me as the men's team s playing a lot worse than I thought they would. Looks like another down year for us.
    Not that this team is bad, which they are not...they are just a level below the teams that are poised to play Post Season...I look for this team to get better and on a roll versus the teams they have to beat as the season goes on.

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    SUNDAY @ Orono: Holy Cross vs Maine 2pm.....

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Not that this team is bad, which they are not...they are just a level below the teams that are poised to play Post Season...I look for this team to get better and on a roll versus the teams they have to beat as the season goes on.
    I watched them today. They looked exceptional again against a weak team. And lost Friday to Merrimack by a few goals. Seems like this team is middle of the pack in hockey east. Sad, because with the freshmen looking so well you'd have thought the team would have improved. Well the season is long so hopefully they make gains and can compete with the top teams at the end of the year.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Belmont, MA
    Posts
    834

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Vanisova was missing from the game sheet on Sunday -- is she likely to be out long?

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by wwhyte View Post
    Vanisova was missing from the game sheet on Sunday -- is she likely to be out long?
    She played Sunday.

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Nice to see rookie Tedenby play in four nations tourny this week.
    https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...ournament.aspx

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Ouch, BC beat out Maine for daughter of Maine legend Scott Pellerin(first Hobey winner for Maine)...
    https://twitter.com/WHockeyCommits/s...971288065?s=19

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    If Maine wants to be in the NCAA's they need to beat the top teams...this team has the talent, but what is missing??? I mean look back at last years team...they had a edge to there play in that you could see the flow and a team playing like a team on a mission...seems this years team lacks the magic and what every team gets burned on= Penalty's.

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    If Maine wants to be in the NCAA's they need to beat the top teams...this team has the talent, but what is missing??? I mean look back at last years team...they had a edge to there play in that you could see the flow and a team playing like a team on a mission...seems this years team lacks the magic and what every team gets burned on= Penalty's.
    I don't get it either. The way the freshmen looked it seemed like Maine should contend with the top couple teams for regular season championship. Winning just 1 of last 6 games has ruined that thought.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    I don't get it either. The way the freshmen looked it seemed like Maine should contend with the top couple teams for regular season championship. Winning just 1 of last 6 games has ruined that thought.
    The Freshman Class is a good boost for this team, BUT what is missing here...I mean the returning team was capable to lift this team with the added Freshman talent...it's puzzling to say the least. Is there something going on that we can't see/hear about..?

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Maine Hockey

    Well this weekend is time to start a winning streak and get back in the winning ways....long over due....put together a solid weekend and go from there..Go Maine Women!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •