Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    The Trimper twins are also coming in this fall. The originally played for Old Town boys team, and spent then two seasons at Taft prep school. Also, another Old Town player joined them... Olivia King. I am not sure if Maine recruited her. I would assume they have been.

Also set to come in is Ella Maclean... a defensemen from Nova Scotia. She has played on some big stages... here is a nice article. Again, I would hope and assume Maine is recruiting her younger sister who was second in scoring for Shattuck St. Mary prep. That would make a couple of sister combos for Maine. Probably good for locker room chemistry. Seems like they enjoy playing on the same team. https://www.thecasket.ca/sports/anti...-games-270804/
    Like I said before I see many positives for this team...last year is in the rear view mirror, and everything is about going forward.

Comment

2019-20 Maine Women's Roster is up on goblackbears.com --- As of today they have just returning players from last year on the Roster (17 players listed)….no incoming recruits are on the list yet.

Comment

After re-checking 2019-20 Roster that is in place now without recruits coming in included, do not see Pate, Blair or Kucera for returning players...as for recruits I have to figure that they are: Coffman, the 2 Trimper twins and Maclean. That would give them a roster of 21 players with 3 goaltenders in place. Is there other recruits coming in beside these 4..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          After re-checking 2019-20 Roster that is in place now without recruits coming in included, do not see Pate, Blair or Kucera for returning players...as for recruits I have to figure that they are: Coffman, the 2 Trimper twins and Maclean. That would give them a roster of 21 players with 3 goaltenders in place. Is there other recruits coming in beside these 4..?
          Will all staff be back too?

Comment

Originally posted by 4thLineGrinder View Post
            Will all staff be back too?
            This is according to goblackbears.com: Head Coach Richard Reichenbach - Assistant Coach Sara Reichenbach - Assistant Coach Trey Flesch - Assistant Athletic Trainer Mike LeRoy - Head Equipment Manager for Hockey Kevin Ritz - Academics Counselor Cristina Kerluke - Development/Video Tim Conser.
            Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 08-15-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

No full roster yet for Maine women's hockey....still listing just returning players? Odd there's no full roster in play with September a few days away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                No full roster yet for Maine women's hockey....still listing just returning players? Odd there's no full roster in play with September a few days away.
                Probably because you and I are the only ones checking the website. Or maybe since it is a mystery they can force us to attend the exhibition game. This way their attendance will get a boost from 53 to 55. The ones in this athletic department are real clever.

Comment

Well,I too anxiously await the new roster. You're right that it seems odd with games about 4 weeks away. When are they allowed to start practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
                    Well,I too anxiously await the new roster. You're right that it seems odd with games about 4 weeks away. When are they allowed to start practice?
                    Hmmm.... first day of school and they can’t release roster. Evidently can’t be bothered by us three caring fans. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Hmmm.... first day of school and they can’t release roster. Evidently can’t be bothered by us three caring fans. ��
                      Oh well...are we surprised?? I for one am not anymore...still a DIE-HARD for both teams that call Alfond Arena home...just odd & sad...but then...here we go again...………………..

Comment

Ahh..serious question here...
                        The team plays their first game in 15 days. Are we to assume there are no additional new players this season? What happened to the new recruits? The roster shows they must not have shown up.

Comment

New follower here and it might take me a bit to figure out what I'm doing. But yes, there is 4 new recruits that arrived at the end of August according to a Instagram post I seen. I'm assuming they will be added to the roster on the website once all the team pictures are finished etc.

Comment

I hear ya... I was just saying things should be up prior to 2 weeks before opening. Rosters could have been updated without head shots months ago. And haven't they been at school for 3 weeks? Use your cell phone SID and put up the updated photos. I think there are 4 or 5 Maine girls on the roster, so maybe they can generate some local fan interest if people knew.

Comment

New volunteer assistant...
                              https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...-umaine/?amp=1

Comment

Originally posted by WJETSFAN1 View Post
                                New follower here and it might take me a bit to figure out what I'm doing. But yes, there is 4 new recruits that arrived at the end of August according to a Instagram post I seen. I'm assuming they will be added to the roster on the website once all the team pictures are finished etc.
                                **WELCOME**...one thing though is they should have at least the names with the present day returning roster...the men's hockey team has done it...but again am I surprised the women don't get any attention. Not trying to start a food fight, but it's time to get on the ball....they have more of a chance this year and the last several years to have a winning program...compared to Gendron's teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X