Maine Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Ok...well then maybe Hockey East really isn't that good then. Now, I understand anyone can give the "Should" or "could" speech...but:

If the Euros don't leave, for 2 weeks, they have 2 more points with Merr. win
    One good play gets a point with a tie in UCONN, or the win point against BC

So add these missed 3 points at the 12 game mark and they are 1 point out of 3rd.
    Currently tied 5th.
    Keep in mind , 5 of the BC 9 wins against HC and Merr.

I think this weekend is really gonna be tough like you said. But this season can be a 3rd to 6th place finishing team. Probably better than most thought and the way things look, just don't run into NU until hockey east finals and you have a chance.

Providence, UNH, BU, UCONN, VT and MAINE all could finish 3rd

So, if they are not that talented this year, then maybe the league is slipping. I look at is as the league is pretty good and the bottom teams are starting to all be come in middle of pack.
    Dont get me wrong, alot of season to go north or south yet. But Would you take tied for 5th, sniffing 3rd 2 months ago?

If Maine doesnt play with grit and hustle, no chance..agree on that...

Comment

Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
      Ok...well then maybe Hockey East really isn't that good then. Now, I understand anyone can give the "Should" or "could" speech...but:

If the Euros don't leave, for 2 weeks, they have 2 more points with Merr. win
      One good play gets a point with a tie in UCONN, or the win point against BC

So add these missed 3 points at the 12 game mark and they are 1 point out of 3rd.
      Currently tied 5th.
      Keep in mind , 5 of the BC 9 wins against HC and Merr.

I think this weekend is really gonna be tough like you said. But this season can be a 3rd to 6th place finishing team. Probably better than most thought and the way things look, just don't run into NU until hockey east finals and you have a chance.

Providence, UNH, BU, UCONN, VT and MAINE all could finish 3rd

So, if they are not that talented this year, then maybe the league is slipping. I look at is as the league is pretty good and the bottom teams are starting to all be come in middle of pack.
      Dont get me wrong, alot of season to go north or south yet. But Would you take tied for 5th, sniffing 3rd 2 months ago?

If Maine doesnt play with grit and hustle, no chance..agree on that...
      My thought were more or less after seeing them play to this point that they are still not in the class to contend for a top 4-5 spot in Hockey East...they do have talent, but the depth talent is not there (imo). And as far as the push to make the Program better is on the University...imo there is no reason they can't contend...not every season mind you but be a threat any time they take the ice. I fully support the women's team.

Comment

What is the status of #27 Anna Zikova..? Injury or healthy scratch?

Comment

Big win for Maine today, 3-2 in OT, Porter with 50 saves. Finally a nice win over a top 4 team in Hockey East and a ranked team also...they played well yesterday also only to come up short in the 3rd period/Jackson held the fort...both goaltenders were top players for Maine this weekend. Nice to see...and on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Big win for Maine today, 3-2 in OT, Porter with 50 saves. Finally a nice win over a top 4 team in Hockey East and a ranked team also...they played well yesterday also only to come up short in the 3rd period/Jackson held the fort...both goaltenders were top players for Maine this weekend. Nice to see...and on the road.
            Figures... I couldn’t watch yesterday due to family get together. And then they win a thriller. Sounds like maybe their best game of the year so far.

Comment

Yes..very good win indeed. They played well on Sat. also.
              More important was the fact that this win was when they were on NESN and will help bring some eyes to the program, both in recruiting and support.
              Playing with BC, NU and BU so far shows they are very close to being able to grow as the season goes on and win in the playoffs.

Another good sign is they are getting better each week. Growth in new and returning players demonstrates coachable players and coaches developing players.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBwhockey View Post
                Yes..very good win indeed. They played well on Sat. also.
                More important was the fact that this win was when they were on NESN and will help bring some eyes to the program, both in recruiting and support.
                Playing with BC, NU and BU so far shows they are very close to being able to grow as the season goes on and win in the playoffs.

Another good sign is they are getting better each week. Growth in new and returning players demonstrates coachable players and coaches developing players.
                Here are some highlights from the game...
                https://youtu.be/fMcyGfqCDeQ

Comment

• Loryn Porter was awarded co-defensive player of the week.

https://youtu.be/cpXKW0XD850

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Loryn Porter was awarded co-defensive player of the week.

https://youtu.be/cpXKW0XD850
                    She did her part on Sunday and Jackson was not shabby Saturday either as she got the L but she was solid...kudo's to both on solid outings against a top rated team, and a team that has been a thorn in Maine side...on a side not is there any info on #27 Zikova...is she injured at the present time or a healthy scratch..? She is a tough and talented player when on the ice(imo).

Comment

Maine at Dartmouth for 2 this weekend, Dartmouth is at 2-5-1...Maine at 6-6-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Maine at Dartmouth for 2 this weekend, Dartmouth is at 2-5-1...Maine at 6-6-2.
                        Looks like I will turn espn plus back on for a month. All four Maine hockey games(boys and girls) this weekend are on espn plus.

Comment

• Maine 3-0 after the first period. Vanisova two goals scored 9 seconds apart. The first goal was a power play goal by Miljone. All shots were clean up of rebounds left of shots to the blocker and pads. Great job getting to the net and pouncing on the loose pucks and sweeping home the easy ones.

Comment

• Maine 4-1 after the second period. Andersen gets her first goal on a snap wrister blocker side. Maine skating well and hustling to win race to the puck.

Comment

• Olivia King, of Oldtown, will play for UMaine hockey. She played with the Trimper twins at Taft Prep in Connecticut.

https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Old-Towns-King-signs-with-UMaine-womens-hockey-UMaine-womens-hoops-signs-5-565504741.html

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Maine 4-1 after the second period. Andersen gets her first goal on a snap wrister blocker side. Maine skating well and hustling to win race to the puck.
                                Anderson does look to be a solid recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X