Maine Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Anderson does look to be a solid recruit.
    Yes she is playing great. As is rookie Kuapolla. The Trimper twins are getting more active too. So freshmen seem solid.

Looking forward to watching in a few minutes.

On another note, I see Gabrielle Plourde is no longer a Maine commit. She signed NLI with Ottawa University.

Comment

• 2-1 Maine after one.

Interesting call at the end of the first. Tedenby got a high stick clearly. I didn’t see retaliation. Maybe they are calling it embellishment? Tedenby is as tough as nails it looks like to me so I wouldn’t picture her embellishing.

In any case, speaking of tough as nails. A. Trimper had a huge blocked shot when Porter was on recovery and then got dumped hard from behind on the follow through of the play. Great show of toughness to potentially save a goal. Block of the game so far.

These girls are battling tough. The refs are sort of letting them bump a bit. Good hockey so far.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey

Dartmouth up 3-2 after two.

Some suspect defense and soft goaltending leads to lead change.

I have seen some disjunction in our own zone where forwards are peeling of to receive a breakout, yet puck is left behind without support from centermen.

Girls gotta stop leaving support of puck in your own zone.

Comment

• hmmm... ends under a five minute major. Lot of talent, not so much brains.

Dartmouth wins 5-2.

Comment

Dartmouth came to play on Saturday compared to Friday, Maine came out strong then slowly went away...teams like Dartmouth are the ones they need to beat. Home to Vermont next weekend.

Comment

Dartmouth came to play on Saturday compared to Friday, Maine came out strong then slowly went away...teams like Dartmouth are the ones they need to beat. Home to Vermont next weekend.
              Terrible weekend of hockey by the lady blackbears. Swept on home ice by Vermont, which was 8th in hockey east. Now Maine is 8th. All indications early suggest this team is a borderline hockey east playoff team and will go on the road in the playoffs against a highly rated juggernaut. Definitely disappointing season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Terrible weekend of hockey by the lady blackbears. Swept on home ice by Vermont, which was 8th in hockey east. Now Maine is 8th. All indications early suggest this team is a borderline hockey east playoff team and will go on the road in the playoffs against a highly rated juggernaut. Definitely disappointing season so far.
                This a 7th or 8th place team at best. They don't put a solid 60 minutes at any given time.

Comment

Here's hoping for a turn around for the Women's Hockey team during the 2nd half, piling up some wins and moving up the standings.

Comment

Here's hoping for a turn around for the Women's Hockey team during the 2nd half, piling up some wins and moving up the standings.
                    New recruit, Courtney Colarullo, defense, right shot. For fall of 2022.

Looks to be nifty on her skates with the puck on her stick, good vision, and passing.

https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-ice-hockey-recruiting/new-hampshire/new-hampton/new-hampton-school/courtney-colarullo

Comment

Hmm... another disappointing weekend.

Comment

• Kuoppala got hockey east rookie of the week...
                        https://youtu.be/cS4mAP-APPo

Comment

Tough weekend for Maine At UConn, losing both games...2-1 and 5-2...no Vasinova this weekend? Any one know what player for Maine was injured in the 2nd period.?

Comment

Tough weekend for Maine At UConn, losing both games...2-1 and 5-2...no Vasinova this weekend? Any one know what player for Maine was injured in the 2nd period.?
                            I dialed in after running errands. But it was 4-2 and my blood pressure was already elevated having to spend too much money today... maintenance for house stuff. So just shut it off and figured a loss.

Really disappointing this team can’t win. Not putting things together.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              I dialed in after running errands. But it was 4-2 and my blood pressure was already elevated having to spend too much money today... maintenance for house stuff. So just shut it off and figured a loss.

Really disappointing this team can’t win. Not putting things together.
                              Sadly there's no on ice leader for this team. Has not been since Brooke Stacy graduated 2 seasons ago.

Comment

I believe it was #55 from UCONN crossed checked #7 from Maine as she was getting off ice. Transported her to hospital for neck/head injury. I heard all test were good and she was walking. Scary moment. Apparently bench saw it and refs reviewed, but the only view was one camera that was following puck. Maybe Maine's cameras might show it.

Comment

Working...
                                X