Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Solid weekend for the girls as they beat UNH and tied BC for three points on the road. They seemed noticeably better this weekend. Even though it was a tie, I think the BC game was their best one so far. They went back and forth with a good team. If not for the two penalties late Maine might have taken it. Then again they got the lead because BC took bad penalty too. Jackson did great in net.
    Very good road weekend...just what they needed to gain confidence. They also looked strong versus UNH on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Very good road weekend...just what they needed to gain confidence. They also looked strong versus UNH on Friday.
      BC/Maine game highlights...
      https://youtu.be/5UOmZDUICpM

Comment

Eight players missing today vs Merrimack, #2,12,15,21,25,26,27,28.

Comment

5 Nations Tournament and injuries. Hope they can get some points this weekend with 2 1/2 lines and 5 D.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Dangle View Post
            5 Nations Tournament and injuries. Hope they can get some points this weekend with 2 1/2 lines and 5 D.
            Short handed and they just ran out of gas late in the 3rd period...and lost in OT...4-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Dangle View Post
              Eight players missing today vs Merrimack, #2,12,15,21,25,26,27,28.
              All but one of these players are considered starters... a few are top players. I am happy Maine even managed to go to OT. Is Pateman out with injury? I think she was out most of last season with injury, unless I am confusing her with someone else.

Comment

All but one of these players are considered starters... a few are top players. I am happy Maine even managed to go to OT. Is Pateman out with injury? I think she was out most of last season with injury, unless I am confusing her with someone else.
                Pateman was hurt last year, played in only 4 games and started this season hurt also. Had played some after injury this season.

Comment

Pateman was hurt last year, played in only 4 games and started this season hurt also. Had played some after injury this season.
                  So far so good. I thought Johnson looks to be having one of her best games that I’ve seen. A couple strong take it to the net style power forward moves ending in rebounds at top of crease, one of which Miljone swept in. The other resulted in a flurry where the goalie had to lay on the puck.

Also, Maclean doesn’t look out of place and seemed to play with poise for first year player. Maine really should have at least a two goal lead with as many chances as they’ve had. Maine dominated that period from my perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    So far so good. I thought Johnson looks to be having one of her best games that I’ve seen. A couple strong take it to the net style power forward moves ending in rebounds at top of crease, one of which Miljone swept in. The other resulted in a flurry where the goalie had to lay on the puck.

Also, Maclean doesn’t look out of place and seemed to play with poise for first year player. Maine really should have at least a two goal lead with as many chances as they’ve had. Maine dominated that period from my perspective.
                    Maine holds on for a gutsy win. A couple of pipes hit made things nervous until a chip to center ice by Colton found Tedenby all alone in on the goalie, roofed and score for the game winner. Miljone scored an empty netter from about 180 ft away to make it 3-0 Maine win. Pretty good weekend where they get two points despite having only 12 skaters. The four defensemen should be commended.

Comment

Maine holds on for a gutsy win. A couple of pipes hit made things nervous until a chip to center ice by Colton found Tedenby all alone in on the goalie, roofed and score for the game winner. Miljone scored an empty netter from about 180 ft away to make it 3-0 Maine win. Pretty good weekend where they get two points despite having only 12 skaters. The four defensemen should be commended.
                      Yes and just too bad they did not hold on in the 3rd versus Merrimack...they were tired and you could see it. Hoping they re-group for next weeks games versus Providence and UConn at home...should have players back from the Tourney and maybe some that are injured will be back and able to play.

Comment

Hopefully the Maine women's team is at full strength and players injured are on the mend and able to play this weekend versus Providence on Friday and UConn Sunday.

Comment

Hopefully the Maine women's team is at full strength and players injured are on the mend and able to play this weekend versus Providence on Friday and UConn Sunday.
                          Nice to see who steps up in their absence, number 5 was good, as she has always been. I liked what I saw out of 10. New player.

But my little favorite is 4. She’s a little spark plug. I like her spunk. She has sooo much heart. Leadership qualities....

Comment

• https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Maine-womens-hockey-edges-Providence-in-overtime-565026422.html

Comment

Tough weekend in store for Maine, @ NU who has been tough on Maine and did a number on them at Maine awhile back. After 12 games on this team, my take is that they are more or less a .500 team, there's talent here and there, but not to be in the top 4-5 in Hockey East. I don't see the leadership on the ice...not since #3 left (Brooke Stacey). I always thought that down the road that Maine could be a top 4-5 in Hockey East, but now looks more like one real good season and then a string of ok/good/bad/rebuild type seasons. Just imo, as I would like to see a winning program at Maine. I just don't see the push to make that happen (ever).

Comment

Why do you think Maine will be/has been stuck in mediocrity?
                                Is it leadership, coaching, recruiting, facilities/school etc.
                                I'm not dialed in to their program, just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X