No blizzards allowed
      GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Where is online radio feed?
        Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Good Afternoon Pio Fans. Well the snow bomb has passed and the power has been restored. The Sioux crossed the State line in their bus around noon--which most likely means just a couple of light skates before tomorrow's game. Pios getting full workouts and good rest. 7 should be back, ready to go. So zero excuses. Let's score first and often!
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Jarid Lukosevicius
            with
            goals 99 and 100
            newest member of the
            Century Club
            Points 99 and 100?

100 goals would be extremely impressive if true.

Anyway, here's to a good weekend of hockey, and hopefully no crazy long overtimes on Sunday in the event it goes three games...unless of course North Dakota wins in dramatic fashion.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Sioux practiced at Cadet Ice Arena this afternoon.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Go DU!!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Points 99 and 100?

100 goals would be extremely impressive if true.
                  I'm always the optimist

Anyway, here's to a good weekend of hockey, and hopefully no crazy long overtimes on Sunday in the event it goes three games...unless of course North Dakota wins in dramatic fashion.
                  At least the Fightin Hawks had a scenic bus ride after the "snow bomb"
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 03-15-2019, 05:14 AM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Excellent weekend for the PIOS! The team made very effective adjustments between Friday and Saturday night. Puck management (especially breakout) was the best I've seen for a while. Defense is improving--there were two breakdowns last night that resulted in the two amazing goals by Jones. The pace of last night's game was really fun to watch and what pretty serious of passes for the Luko's game winner! We're pretty much locked in as a two seed now and pulling for PSU this afternoon! Getting the overall 5th spot would be a plus.
                    Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-17-2019, 01:33 PM.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                      Excellent weekend for the PIOS! The team made very effective adjustments between Friday and Saturday night. Puck management (especially breakout) was the best I've seen for a while. Defense is improving--there were two breakdowns last night that resulted in the two amazing goals by Jones. The pace of last night's game was really fun to watch and what pretty serious of passes for the Luko's game winner! We're pretty much locked in as a two seed now and pulling for PSU this afternoon! Getting the overall 5th spot would be a plus.
                      Denver is very likely going to Fargo along with ASU and SCSU.

As for this weekend, very typical series for UND this season. They played well, but we just lack that dynamic scoring line / power play to make DU pay.

As for my take on DU, they have some of the same struggles as North Dakota (noted above), which could hurt them come tourney time. However, they play a strong defensive game and it will be difficult for even high octane teams to score a bunch of goals. I think DU will smoke ASU, if that is the matchup, but will likely need some puck luck to knock off any of the #1 seeds.

Anyway, good luck to Denver next weekend, and represent the NCHC well in the National Tournament.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Pios are on the way to Sr. Paul!!!
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Looks like DU has scored blue chipper! His name is Mathew Savoie. He is being compared to Johnny Gaudreau!, I don't have any more info than that. Hopefully we will find out more soon!
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                            Looks like DU has scored blue chipper! His name is Mathew Savoie. He is being compared to Johnny Gaudreau!, I don't have any more info than that. Hopefully we will find out more soon!
                            He’s really young, and his older brother is also verbally committed to DU. I’ll believe it when he signs an NLI in a couple years...I think he’s just upset that he wasn’t classified as “exceptional”, and thus can’t start his MJ career a year early. Time will tell.

Another young verbal, Camron VanSickle, committed this week as well, out of Alaska.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                              He’s really young, and his older brother is also verbally committed to DU. I’ll believe it when he signs an NLI in a couple years...I think he’s just upset that he wasn’t classified as “exceptional”, and thus can’t start his MJ career a year early. Time will tell.
                              5 star recruit per NZ, which is pretty rare:

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...70852418367488

Comment

Interesting that with just two games left the Pios could end up as high as 4th and as low as 11th. Here's hoping for two big W's!
                                Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-20-2019, 12:45 AM.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X