ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Does any one know if games will be blacked out in Denver on NCHC.TV if they are on Altitude 1/2?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      Are we looking at #1 ranking tomorrow?
      Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by PioneerHawk View Post
        Does any one know if games will be blacked out in Denver on NCHC.TV if they are on Altitude 1/2?
        No, they're only blacked out if they're on CBSSN.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
          No, they're only blacked out if they're on CBSSN.

r
          Perfect thanks!

Comment

What are you guys doing about your Altitude issue? I cancelled my DirecTV a couple weeks ago but didn't see Altitude or (in my case, Fox Sports North) on any of the streaming services. I'm on the phone with DTV now they claim they've resolved a lot of their contractual issues but idk.

Update: caved and re-subscribed to DTV. I should be set for tonight's UMD game on FSN but looks like Altitude still unavailable. It won't even show me what *would* be on tonight. I know we have NCHC TV for most of the season but what do you do for those games it would only be on Altitude or whatnot? Aside of go to the games of course
            Last edited by UMD21; 10-25-2019, 02:38 PM.
            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              What are you guys doing about your Altitude issue? I cancelled my DirecTV a couple weeks ago but didn't see Altitude or (in my case, Fox Sports North) on any of the streaming services. I'm on the phone with DTV now they claim they've resolved a lot of their contractual issues but idk.

Update: caved and re-subscribed to DTV. I should be set for tonight's UMD game on FSN but looks like Altitude still unavailable. It won't even show me what *would* be on tonight. I know we have NCHC TV for most of the season but what do you do for those games it would only be on Altitude or whatnot? Aside of go to the games of course
              Sitting and spinning. Really though, all the DU home games are on NCHC.tv except those on CBSSN, so we're set there. BUT, for those that like to watch at local watering holes, or rely on Xfinity/DTV/Dish, they're kinda screwed. Same goes for Avs and Nugs fans, which is obviously a much greater audience. I don't believe any of the alternative streaming services (youtube.tv, hulu, etc.) are carrying altitude either. CenturyLink Prism cable still carry's Altitude. Sounds like Altitude is exploring a relationship with Amazon for Nuggets games -- no idea if they'd do Avs as well.

It's a sheet show, hopefully they resolve this ****e before 2020.

r

Comment

Spectrum in California dropped FCS, FS_ (fill in the blank) without notice. Fox Sports must be playing hardball with cable networks, etc. It seems like Altitude would lose a lot of subscribers without Nuggets, Avs, and DU too.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

ICYMI, Tyler Ward goal with Stapely's big assist is #2 NCAA play of the week. https://www.facebook.com/ncaahockey/...9733299425558/

Stapely showed some great moves on his way to 4 point weekend.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Didn't you know 3-1 was too easy for a DU-UMD game? And what a shot by Brett Stapely to get the extra point,

Tyson McClellan has a hot hand this year with 8 points in 9 games. Last year he only had 13 points total.

Brett Edwards' first DU goal was short handed--that's 4 shorties in 9 games for the Pios. Seems like that should be a record. Maybe for the quickest?

SHORTHANDED GOALS (Since 1979-80)
                    13................................................ .........1977-78 oops
                    13................................................ .........1985-86
                    12................................................ .........1986-87
                    10................................................ ..........5 tied
                    (from DU Record Book)
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 11-09-2019, 02:22 AM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

• The penalty to Davies for ‘boarding’ that resulted in Duluth's PP goal was one of the softest checking penalties I’ve ever seen in person. He basically bumped into a Bulldog - in the general vicinity of the boards, I guess...

I suppose they called the penalty because IF Davies had hit him harder or with any real intent and IF the Duluth player had lost his balance and IF he actually even contacted the boards it could have maybe been a dangerous hit...
                      Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2019, 08:29 AM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Listening to the games:
                        Friday--Pios were the dominant team for 50+ minutes. Chrona's save and Stapely's nifty goal in the shootout at least gave us 2 points
                        Saturday--Bulldogs seemed to have the advantage the whole game. Just sounded like the Pios weren't as crisp as the day before.

FYI: Perunovich and Mitchell are good!
                        Thought Denver Channel 2 showing the games was a good thing. Was this because of Altitudes' problem?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Good playoff intensity hockey. No love was lost between the two teams this weekend. Say what you want about officiating but they really had their hands full from what I saw and had to earn their pay. Should be an intense series in February.
                          On that note—where’s the best part around Magness to find the visiting players? I won a Shepard goalie stick at an alum event last year that would be good to get signed. Unfortunately living far from Duluth really makes it a challenge to get to any team functions
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                            Good playoff intensity hockey. No love was lost between the two teams this weekend. Say what you want about officiating but they really had their hands full from what I saw and had to earn their pay. Should be an intense series in February.
                            On that note—where’s the best part around Magness to find the visiting players? I won a Shepard goalie stick at an alum event last year that would be good to get signed. Unfortunately living far from Duluth really makes it a challenge to get to any team functions
                            Couple hours before game-time, visiting teams generally enter through the Joy Burns Arena entrance, on the north side of the facility. AFAIK.

r

Comment

Disappointed Brett Stapely's shootout goal didn't make NCHC Plays of the Week.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Haven't seen anything from DU regarding early signings. Here's the list of DU recru8ts from College Hoockey Inc.

University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 CAPONI, Connor RW Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) 10/29/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 SCHINGOETHE, Wyatt LW Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) 09/10/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 OZAR, Owen RW Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) 09/05/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2022-23 JURECKI, Griffin LW Detroit Little Caesars 16U (MAHA16) 08/09/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2021-22 BEHRENS, Sean LD USA U17 (NTDP) 08/01/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2021-22 LAJOY, Peter F Shattuck-St. Mary's Sabres Prep (USEPHS) 07/15/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 IRWIN, Reid LD Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) 05/30/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2021-22 BECK, Ryan C Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 05/06/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2021-22 DAVIS, Matthew G Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) 01/18/19
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 LUEDTKE, Josh RD Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL) 11/26/18
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 WEBSTER, McKade LW Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) 11/26/18
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2021-22 BENNING, Michael RD Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) 08/29/18
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 SAVOIE, Carter LW Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) 11/29/17
                                University of Denver Pioneers 2020-21 THOMPSON, Aidan C Berkshire School Bears (NEPS) 07/10/17
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X