This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I work with many Indians, and have never seen any hint of that kind of behavior in the workplace. I have no idea about my coworkers' home life, but at work they do not exhibit that kind of attitude in the slightest.
    I don’t see it a lot with Indians who live in the US. I see it when dealing with the ones who are in India

Comment

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

That’s probably more accurate.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I work with many Indians, and have never seen any hint of that kind of behavior in the workplace. I have no idea about my coworkers' home life, but at work they do not exhibit that kind of attitude in the slightest.
        The first practice I worked in I didn't see it as much. The second it was more common. The folks who followed me to the 2nd practice told me it was cultural and it depended on where the person came from. India is not a small country. The second practice I dealt with arranged marriage stuff, younger generations who didn't like some aspects of the 'old country' culture, all sorts of things that dealt with the adjustment to a new culture. It was really fascinating and challenging. Once I knew what to expect and how to best approach it things went better.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          The first practice I worked in I didn't see it as much. The second it was more common. The folks who followed me to the 2nd practice told me it was cultural and it depended on where the person came from. India is not a small country. The second practice I dealt with arranged marriage stuff, younger generations who didn't like some aspects of the 'old country' culture, all sorts of things that dealt with the adjustment to a new culture. It was really fascinating and challenging. Once I knew what to expect and how to best approach it things went better.
          Yeah, I've been there. Very interesting place to visit.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            A high level guy in our company who happens to be Indian once said that all he wants in his assistants is to have a pretty smile. My jaw literally dropped. He said he might have to step out from my meeting with him to attend the interview.

He introduced her to me after he came back and proceeded to tell her the same thing he told me.

I just about fell out of my chair. I couldn’t believe it.

Now, that might just be old man syndrome, but I’ve never heard anything like that in a professional setting.
            If you're talking about the educated it's old man syndrome. But among their herpa-derps it might as well be 1700. Or 1700 BC. They haven't advanced an inch; just like ours.

Dr. Mrs. has a friend who is an Indian ex-pat who's a lesbian. That is still very much not okay, even among the middling educated (hello, Bangalore). It's simplistic to say India is about 60 years behind us, but not entirely incorrect. Of course, we are about 60 years behind some other places.
            Last edited by Kepler; 04-24-2018, 09:45 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              If you're talking about the educated it's old man syndrome. But among their herpa-derps it might as well be 1700. Or 1700 BC. They haven't advanced an inch; just like ours.

Dr. Mrs. has a friend who is an Indian ex-pat who's a lesbian. That is still very much not okay, even among the middling educated (hello, Bangalore). It's simplistic to say India is about 60 years behind us, but not entirely incorrect. Of course, we are about 60 years behind some other places.
              TPIWWP

geez
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Daughter is flying out of Nola to Mexico at 7a on Friday and just called to say she can't find her passport. Used it a year ago, has seen it in apartment since but can't find it. IF she can't find it, she'll have to see if there is an emergency service of some kind. Has anyone had to deal with a situation like that?

Comment

Yes. They have same day service. Same cost as expedited. But you need to ge the paperwork ASAP. You need to bring you travel itinerary.

You will also need to go to a central passport agency. Minneapolis is one of them. I don’t know abouT NOLA.

You’ll also need pictures. Walgreens does them usually 24/7 just look them up on the inter webs.

Go to the state xepartment’s website for all info. I got my passport in like two days.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes. They have same day service. Same cost as expedited. But you need to ge the paperwork ASAP. You need to bring you travel itinerary.

You will also need to go to a central passport agency. Minneapolis is one of them. I don’t know abouT NOLA.

You’ll also need pictures. Walgreens does them usually 24/7 just look them up on the inter webs.

Go to the state xepartment’s website for all info. I got my passport in like two days.
                    thx

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKK4QxWSNo

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT a
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKK4QxWSNo

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT a
                        Aw hell to the naw naw:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          That thing is going to be nonstop airtime. (Listen for the clattering when it crests a hill - those are the upstop wheels underneath the track making contact, and that means Sir Isaac Newton will be quite insistent that your butt leave the seat now.)
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            That thing is going to be nonstop airtime. (Listen for the clattering when it crests a hill - those are the upstop wheels underneath the track making contact, and that means Sir Isaac Newton will be quite insistent that your butt leave the seat now.)
                            I get freaked out on (3 generations ago?) roller coasters. I hate heights. Dropped my first f-bomb in front of my parents on a (weak) roller coaster. So......nope.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hoping one of you travel pros knows the answer because I can't find a straight one and I don't speak all the lingo.

If I'm flying round-trip US to Europe on Air France on flights operated by Delta, how do Delta miles accrue? What about MQDs?
                              Code:

Comment

Hoping one of you travel pros knows the answer because I can't find a straight one and I don't speak all the lingo.

If I'm flying round-trip US to Europe on Air France on flights operated by Delta, how do Delta miles accrue? What about MQDs?
                                You should get 100% of miles and dollars, if you're flying on Air France.

edit: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Just don't fly discount economy. Also, looks like MQDs aren't 1 for 1, I thought they were.
                                Last edited by bigblue_dl; 04-26-2018, 12:51 PM.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X