X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Agreed. I have friends from Europe, to Africa, all the way across to Japan, and Korea. All I see is amazement that we could elect a guy like trump and near universal condemnations of him. Prior to that? *crickets*
    At first it was just condemnation of tRump. Now it is of the GOP and of the supporters. That is even more unusual. Not sure GOP was in their vocab before. And the line used to be they knew 'the people' weren't bad even if the leader was. Now- much more negative toward anyone willing to tolerate it. Kind of like a domestic violence situation. Everyone is happy. Stuff comes out and initially everyone wants to gloss it over. Excuses are made. People can't believe it. As it escalates there is a flip to intolerance of the behaviour and intolerance of anyone who is willing to accept it. Usually the people closest to the situation are the last to realize it isn't normal.

Comment

I guess I haven’t seen the GOP condemnations on my feed. Most of it is anti-trump.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I guess I haven’t seen the GOP condemnations on my feed. Most of it is anti-trump.
        That is fairly new with the last election when the GOP were pandering to the base and sounding particularly stupid. I was surprised when I saw things about the elections in the South, Tx and midwest. I suppose I shouldn't. When there are irregularities in elections in other countries the BBC covers it. We've had some 'irregularities' for sure- no other legitimate country lets the guy running mess with all sorts of rules so he can win. That particularly baffled them. And the stuff about going to a public hanging etc. You can't make this stuff up

The Canadians are also paying a lot more attention. After all, you have the Cheetoh in Chief doing and saying particularly irritating things. Takes a lot to get their ire up but when it is up- they are p155ed!
        Last edited by leswp1; 12-05-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          My FB feed is .....
          Stop right there
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

We were in Ireland shortly after the election, lots of "the hell?" questions in pubs.

Not much the past couple weeks in France.....but they had their own issues while we were there.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Stop right there
              No kidding. Why anyone would give any credence to anything from the Facebook/Twitter cesspool is beyond me.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                We were in Ireland shortly after the election, lots of "the hell?" questions in pubs.

Not much the past couple weeks in France.....but they had their own issues while we were there.
                When the GF and I went to Paris this summer no one said anything either. I think they get that the people going abroad arent the ones MAGAing it up

Lady at MSP was wearing a shirt that said "I didnt vote for him" in like 7 languages
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I think they get that the people going abroad arent the ones MAGAing it up
                  I think you'd be surprised on that front. Just because a lot of MAGAts are basically Cleetus from 'Bama working at the window factory for $14/hr, doesn't mean there aren't MAGAts with money who like spending it. You and I are just too young to regularly hang out with 55+ year-old people.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I think you'd be surprised on that front. Just because a lot of MAGAts are basically Cleetus from 'Bama working at the window factory for $14/hr, doesn't mean there aren't MAGAts with money who like spending it. You and I are just too young to regularly hang out with 55+ year-old people.
                    And probably not bright enough.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      And probably not bright enough.
                      I considered adding "too young and too smart", but I decided it's not wise to brag.

Comment

When the GF and I went to Paris this summer no one said anything either. I think they get that the people going abroad aren't the ones MAGAing it up ;
                        If any Parisians had complained I would have asked who the hell designed CDG airport. What a disaster that place is.

Comment

If any Parisians had complained I would have asked who the hell designed CDG airport. What a disaster that place is.
                          True statement. CDG is terrible, and Air France is too.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It is like Grand Forks only worse
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Prbably equal amount of pregnant women drinking!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                True statement. CDG is terrible, and Air France is too.
                                Because of the nature of our trip we rented a car, if you think CDG is confusing inside try navigating it by car. Yikes!

We spent the last night at an airport hotel (with a free shuttle) so we returned the car a day before our flight or I would have been a wreck as we tried to find our way around that labyrinth.

Comment

Working...
                                X