X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie has noontime for a quick weekend in Illinois
    In maybe 10-11 days you could see HP1015 floating south through Cairo, IL. Lots of water there now.

Comment

Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Anyone been to Cairo for a weekend? Mookie sees $170 rt and the ritz is cheap and centrally located.
      A weekend is kinda pushing it. You could do Giza and Saqqara and a quick pass through the Egyptian Museum, but it doesn't give any time for just exploring.

But Luxor is far more interesting than Cairo.
      Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

voa is 25 usd, but a multi entry is 35 usd, so mookie don't feel the need to crush everything in during a single weekend. just made the res for next weekend. fly in Thursday night and have the hotel pick up mookie at the airport. stay in the city there two nights and hang. come back Saturday afternoon. no work missed

and mookie escapes before palm sunday and the *chance* of shenanigans.

can walk across the bridge there and see the opera house. check out the museum. venture into some neighborhoods and grab food.

going to visit Doha couple weeks after that. then need to schedule amman before Ramadan. Istanbul too then after. (already have mookie's mid-Ramadan bkk break on the books)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

been asking peeps around the office what to do in cairo..... nobody has been there!!!

asked a girl yesterday what to do there. she just looked at mookie and said "why?"

warned though not to eat street food (which is disappointing). they confided that nobody can afford to bake bread so they mix in dirt and sawdust. thinking (hoping) that is hyperbole.

Comment

@drgridlock: United Airlines might have mistakenly sent a Kansas-bound German shepherd to Japan http://wapo.st/2IpYhPP
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              @drgridlock: United Airlines might have mistakenly sent a Kansas-bound German shepherd to Japan http://wapo.st/2IpYhPP
              Mookie has never flown United. And prolly never will

Comment

decided to head to Dubai tonight. can watch some basketball proper in a bar where the noon games will start at 8p and continue throughout the night. plus wanna look for something for girl and Dubai mall and mall of the emirates are the 2 in which to do so. best part is the Dubai metro. goes where you need for cheap. not as vast but rivals Tokyo for efficiency.

Comment

decided to head to Dubai tonight. can watch some basketball proper in a bar where the noon games will start at 8p and continue throughout the night. plus wanna look for something for girl and Dubai mall and mall of the emirates are the 2 in which to do so. best part is the Dubai metro. goes where you need for cheap. not as vast but rivals Tokyo for efficiency.
                  I must admit, that sounds like a cool evening. Try not to get picked up for solicitation -- I hear the Muzzies don't like that.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I must admit, that sounds like a cool evening. Try not to get picked up for solicitation -- I hear the Muzzies don't like that.
                    Not that Mookie is..... but there are a TON of street walker. Mookie chatted with a few just to kill time when he was last in dubai in August. Just girls trying to earn some cash to send home.

Comment

Tack on a district to the 48 states and one province for my vehicle.

Comment

Just booked a trip to South Korea in April to meet my new granddaughter!
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Should be there already

Comment

That was fun. Always good to remember bacon & booze is only a quick flight away

Comment

@drgridlock: United flight had to be diverted because it accidentally had a dog onboard http://wapo.st/2plDzYT
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X