X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I couldn't disagree more and if you were to ask most foreigners they would tell you the same thing. On the whole Americans are viewed as very outgoing, friendly and upbeat according to many Europeans, Koreans and Japanese for example and except for the, "Murica!" herpaderps they feel the same way when they travel here.

Most foreigners have also acted with kindness the majority of places I've gone as a traveler. However, when located more permanently Brits can be downright c**ks**kers, Koreans extremely arrogant and cold, Russians and Italians loud, drunk and obnoxious, etc.

I believe you find the average American an uneducated, racist lout compared with the rest of the world and while a lot of Americans do need to, "get out more" so to speak (of course it's a hell of a lot easier to go from London to Prague than from Raleigh to Paris) you haven't experienced racism until you go to Europe, SE Asia or the Middle East. Hell even in places like Mexico, Thailand and the Philippines the lighter your skin the better. And in Europe it's not just about nationalism there's a very unhealthy attitude there towards blacks that I wouldn't have imagined so 20+ years ago.
    I agree. This matches with my experiences traveling. Don't buy the stuff Kep is saying. I haven't seen it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I agree. This matches with my experiences traveling. Don't buy the stuff Kep is saying. I haven't seen it.
      Peeps certainly appear to love Americans, even when we don't hand over $$$
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Now my flight home was cancelled. W T F?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I hear Potsdam is nice this time of year.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Don’t fvcking tell mookie you are complaining at an xtra free night in Europe
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Don’t fvcking tell mookie you are complaining at an xtra free night in Europe
              SOrry, but even if it was an extra night, I’m already booked at the airport hotel. And I’d still have a morning flight. There’s nothing to enjoy about it.

Instead they again rebooked me automatically but instead of flying home through Amsterdam on the window, I fly from goddam Frankfurt to goddam Atlanta in the goddam middle seat.

So when I called delta to rebook to another flight, they told me my work travel agent rebooked me and now it’s a KLM ticket (so I’m going to get hyper f-cked on miles) and that I’d have to call my travel agent.

So I call my travel agent and they told me delta rebooked me and I’d have to call them.

I’m at about a 9.5/10.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                SOrry, but even if it was an extra night, I’m already booked at the airport hotel. And I’d still have a morning flight. There’s nothing to enjoy about it.

Instead they again rebooked me automatically but instead of flying home through Amsterdam on the window, I fly from goddam Frankfurt to goddam Atlanta in the goddam middle seat.

So when I called delta to rebook to another flight, they told me my work travel agent rebooked me and now it’s a KLM ticket (so I’m going to get hyper f-cked on miles) and that I’d have to call my travel agent.

So I call my travel agent and they told me delta rebooked me and I’d have to call them.

I’m at about a 9.5/10.
                You know how big companies operate. No one takes responsibility, you can't talk to anyone who has the power to change anything and go away son you bother me. That's just how it is.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yeah, but we pay big bucks to our travel agent. We should get better service.

The Scotland screwup was 100% personal travel so I didn’t have expectations there about corporate service and rebooking.

I do when I’m traveling for work. Very disappointed with the service right now. It doesn’t help that I’ve been jerked around all trip with delays and cancellations.
                  Code:

Comment

And now I’m being ignored intentionally by the German bartender.
                    Code:

Comment

And now I’m being ignored intentionally by the German bartender.
                      Didn't you bring your maple leaf cap?

Comment

I’ve debated a maple leaf pin. But most Europeans are just curious what happened and hopeful are hopeful for the future. Very few have held being an American against us. Most just wanted to talk about it and gauge how I felt about it.

Most are disgusted and confused about trump though.
                        Code:

Comment

I’ve debated a maple leaf pin. But most Europeans are just curious what happened and hopeful are hopeful for the future. Very few have held being an American against us. Most just wanted to talk about it and gauge how I felt about it.

Most are disgusted and confused about trump though.
                          Anyone, from any country, that judges and draws conclusions on another person because of what other people from their home did, isn't worth the time of day.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, agreed. I would have got up and left but the very nice German waitress took pity on me and helped me. It probably didn’t hurt she was blonde and very attractive.
                            Code:

Comment

I’m at about a 9.5/10.
                              Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                The only way that rebooking gets worse is if they put me on <60 min layover.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X