Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Listening to what some coworkers went through plus what I saw on Twitter over the weekend I can't imagine why anyone would fly Sun County again. Ever.

They cancelled a bunch of flights without any real explanation on Saturday, offered no assistance at check in or the gate as to why, it took hours and hours (like more than 10) to get ahold of a someone at the airline via their 800 number, and (this is the best) a coworker said she was able to finally convince someone refund her outbound flight but they would not refund the return flight. She was told it was "her prerogative to not use the return ticket". What a chicken---- operation.
    I stopped using Sun Country in February. The ridiculous fees, the uncomfortable seats and the way they treat their customers as a whole just isnt worth the money you MIGHT save. Delta is usually not that much more expensive, is a more comfortable flight, has more flight options and a much better rewards program.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I would never go to London or Paris during peak tourist season (June-Sept). Even though it's the prime weather period, the crowds and obnoxious fellow Americans would be enough to keep me away.
    Dont forget the Asians. Paris last year in August was 10% American, 30% French and 60% Asians taking selfies.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Very Un-Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I stopped using Sun Country in February. The ridiculous fees, the uncomfortable seats and the way they treat their customers as a whole just isnt worth the money you MIGHT save. Delta is usually not that much more expensive, is a more comfortable flight, has more flight options and a much better rewards program.
    And Delta (and most other airlines) actually do the part Sun Country has failed at recently; they execute on the flight part of the transaction. Seems so simple yet this part continues to elude Sun Stranded.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Tube with oyster is without a doubt way to go. Quick as a whistle and takes you everywhere. After third ride on that card the rest of the day is free. People need to appreciate out of the way spots too. Go to earlís court and find a pub for lunch and afternoon drinks. Go find food at spitalfields. See maida vale.

Not like one can make out Big Ben anyhow these days

Dont forget the Asians. Paris last year in August was 10% American, 30% French and 60% Asians taking selfies.
    Prague and Budapest were all Koreans. Flights into and out of the same (cept for mookie and fam)

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Itís always a little weird for me seeing these stories since I live in a place where flight options are basically Alaska or Delta. I basically always try to fly Alaska since Club 49 is a thing and I hate bag fees.

this time next week, mookie will be en route to hong kong.

never been and looking forward to it, protests and all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    this time next week, mookie will be en route to hong kong.

never been and looking forward to it, protests and all
    Say hello to Phooey for me!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Packing for Hawaii. Going ziplining and riding in a chopper for the first time ever, amongst other things. Can't wait.

Both of my regional biz class upgrade certs cleared, which will be particularly nice for the 8.5 hour redeye home. Definitely extracted maximum value from those this year based on these two flights alone.

Packing for Hawaii. Going ziplining and riding in a chopper for the first time ever, amongst other things. Can't wait.

Both of my regional biz class upgrade certs cleared, which will be particularly nice for the 8.5 hour redeye home. Definitely extracted maximum value from those this year based on these two flights alone.
    Which island?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Which island?
    Split between Oahu and Kauai.

Split between Oahu and Kauai.
    Iíve never been to Kauai. Did Oahu for work, Maui three times on vacation (all on miles thanks to being a big 4 consultant) and then big island last year.

Iíve never been to Kauai. Did Oahu for work, Maui three times on vacation (all on miles thanks to being a big 4 consultant) and then big island last year.
    I knew I was going to have to split it somehow, and my parents have talked up Kauai for years. It rains a lot, but it's the least developed you can get short of going to Molokai.

Everytime I think "Fck this job", I just picture the miles and points bank. It's worked for over 3 years now.

Enjoy it, I quit traveling years ago and it sucks paying for vacations.

Big island is pretty undeveloped too, but all the islands are so different from each other. Never been to Molokai.

Enjoy it, I quit traveling years ago and it sucks paying for vacations.

Big island is pretty undeveloped too, but all the islands are so different from each other. Never been to Molokai.
    Seems to me a lot of MDs quit traveling unless they have to (if it's some F100 account). Don't blame them, really. When I do a month or more straight to the same location without a break it gets pretty old. You start frequenting the same reliable haunts for dinner instead of exploring, etc. This past winter my client was my longest traveling streak in my time at the firm (Sept-Feb, almost every week). Which I know is basically nothing compared to some of these 2-year engagements.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

.... these 2-year engagements.
    chicken feed
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Internet Nutcase

Tickets to Bucharest Romania booked. Going to visit a friend that will be just over the border in Bulgaria. He's going to play tour guide for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Tickets to Bucharest Romania booked. Going to visit a friend that will be just over the border in Bulgaria. He's going to play tour guide for us.
    Deep envy. Have a great time and please post pics.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Deep envy. Have a great time and please post pics.
    looking forward to it. We won't be spending much time in Romania, although I'd love to. Most of our time will be in Bulgaria where our friend will be staying. He works here, but his H1-B visa is close to expiring. Our employer is sponsoring him for permanent residency, but by him leaving the U.S. for a couple months gives them more time. His family owns a bunch of vacation rentals on the Black Sea in Bulgaria, so we'll spend a little time there. He is also part owner of a farm that one of his friend runs near the Central Balkan National Park, so we plan on staying there for a bit too. He's also talking about taking us to rent a room in a monastery in the mountains, and visiting Roman archeological sites.

Mookie wants to head to see both Bulgaria and Romania. If not next summer the following

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    looking forward to it. We won't be spending much time in Romania, although I'd love to. Most of our time will be in Bulgaria where our friend will be staying. He works here, but his H1-B visa is close to expiring. Our employer is sponsoring him for permanent residency, but by him leaving the U.S. for a couple months gives them more time. His family owns a bunch of vacation rentals on the Black Sea in Bulgaria, so we'll spend a little time there. He is also part owner of a farm that one of his friend runs near the Central Balkan National Park, so we plan on staying there for a bit too. He's also talking about taking us to rent a room in a monastery in the mountains, and visiting Roman archeological sites.
    This sounds so cool!

Thread Information