Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    "FIB"?
    Yeah. They’re awful.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

All you need to remember when going to Logan is to leave 5 minutes early for every mile you have to drive.

Also since they finalized the finalization of the second revision of the tunnels nobody has any right to complain about going to Logan anymore, it's a breeze. In my day.... (shakes fist at urine-soaked blue line train).
      Only works when they are not closing the exits and detouring people. (last time I drove they closed the airport exit, sent us on a detour then the detour was closed so another detour. Leaving they closed the tunnel and sent us way the fyck out toward Malden/Medford before accessing the Hwy- everything else was shut off. It was 2:30 in the morning. I wasn't happy.
      Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      I’m driving 275 miles to Logan tomorrow. Your formula says I need to leave 22 hours early
      Should have started driving yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Meanwhile in Capetown everything is ridiculously cheap thanks to the Rand tanking. Good meals cost so little it is almost embarrassing.

Tomorrow...SHARK CAGE DIVING!
        Haven’t seen you post...did the sharks eat you?????

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I got in a German taxi once, driven by a Turkish immigrant.

“You care if I go fast?”
          “Haha, nope. You do what you need.”
          “OHHHH! Brave American! I like it.”

*proceeds to go 140 on the autobahn*

That said, Germans are the best drivers I have ever seen. The worst are FIBs. The worst I’ve heard about are Indian and southeast Asian.
          140 kph is not that fast. You'd barely keep up with traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike.

Just drove 600 miles on I95 from MD to Hilton Head. MD drivers believe that the left lane is for traveling speed limit +5. Combine that with trucks in the right lane made for some interesting sections.

Most of the time thru traffic was doing 80. Made it in 9:45 with an hour for lunch, gas(petrol), and rest stops.

Northern Virginia was, obviously, still asleep at 8AM when we left.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            140 kph is not that fast. You'd barely keep up with traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike.
            He speaks the truth in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              He speaks the truth in this post.
              Seconded.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The speed limit is 120 where mookie lives.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  The speed limit is 120 where mookie lives.
                  There are sections of the NJ Turnpike where this is true, whether the number is metric or English.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Haven’t seen you post...did the sharks eat you?????
                    Weather caused a delay to Wednesday. About to head to the Game Reserve to see Tigers and Elephants for a couple days
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Just drove 600 miles on I95 from MD to Hilton Head. MD drivers believe that the left lane is for traveling speed limit +5. Combine that with trucks in the right lane made for some interesting sections.

Most of the time thru traffic was doing 80. Made it in 9:45 with an hour for lunch, gas(petrol), and rest stops.

Northern Virginia was, obviously, still asleep at 8AM when we left.
                      Miles per hour 140 miles per hour.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bahrain: Roads are wide and pristine and there's almost never an issue with weather/visibility. Every stoplight is a drag race and if you have a car that is slow (I had a 4-cylinder Corolla with maybe 120 HP) you hated being in the front as everyone would ride your *** to within an inch. Other than that it was relatively fine.

Philippines especially Manila: Triple lane changes, almost no usage of signals, right/left-hand turns from 2-3 lanes away, they think driving slowly makes it ok to not look before changing lanes or entering traffic, bus drivers think they're Mario effing Andretti, Jeepneys, trikes, scooters all think they're faster than you when they're not, they don't care how slow they're going they will not give way and even will try to block you even if they know they're going slower because they do not like to be 2nd, 3-lane intersections become 5 lanes on the regular, pedestrians be ****ed..., I can't enough how much I hate it. Funny thing is they will get uppity if you honk at them for driving like an idiot. They just think that if they want to go they can go and you need to accept it. Funny thing is as bad as it is in Manila they're probably not even Top 10 globally for the worst.

Mumbai: Manila x5

Bangkok: Used to be nearly as bad as Manila but the addition of a subway and a skytrain system has helped immensely from when I first visited in 1996. People still drive too fast in precarious places for my liking and they have their moments of changing lanes without looking, but it's improved.

Vietnam: I think I read a stat somewhere that more people die on the roads in Vietnam per year than die from disease and it's the leading cause of death for those under the age of 30.

Nigeria: New cars there have speed inhibitors because they're just fu**ing insane.

Rome: I swear every car in Rome has dents/scratches and going the wrong way down a one-way was so very common.

Comment

No misadventure for this gal going to the airport- YAY!!!
                          On the way home looking to the other side- 93S was a parking lot at least a mile before 128 all the way thru to the city and 128 was a parking lot in both directions. mile back up for the exit on the north side. What a difference 15 minutes makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Rome: I swear every car in Rome has dents/scratches and going the wrong way down a one-way was so very common.
                            Milan is the same way, save the extremely expensive cars. They were pristine.

Tel Aviv: Again, every car is beat up. Watch out for scooters, they do NOT stop at stop signs or red lights and come out of nowhere. Doesn't matter how many times you look both ways. One will appear the moment you go into the intersection.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              In Italy, Rome in particular, people barrel down curved sidestreets 1.001 of their car's width.

I don't think I've ever seen a car in Rome with side mirrors intact.

This is Naples. A car would take this at 60 mph easily:

Last edited by Kepler; 08-19-2019, 12:19 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In Italy, Rome in particular, people barrel down curved sidestreets 1.001 their car's width.

I don't think I've ever seen a car in Rome with side mirrors intact.
                                THat includes the highways. I've never seen actual NASCAR racing outside of a racetrack. What's Italian for "Rubbin' is racing"?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X