This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

going to dubai first weekend of world cup. got a room in a hotel with a supposed cool sports pub. hope to be able to sit all day and watch while expat groups come in to follow their teams.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    My first international work trip was to Scotland. Was told on Friday morning that I needed to be at a customer first thing Tuesday. Booked it quick, not really thinking much about driving, since I had so much else to do before the trip. Got to Glasgow, go out to my rental car, and didn't remember that it would be right hand drive until I opened the wrong door.

I didn't get in an accident, but that was a **** tense drive from the airport to the hotel on little sleep. Didn't take too long over the next few days to get used to it though.
    mookie's issue was stupid things, like walking into a parking lot and almost getting run over dum stuff like that where one thinks they can turn their brain off
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thailand booked from Jun 21 - Jul 8. Yaboi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Thailand booked from Jun 21 - Jul 8. Yaboi!
        Going for a couple nights in 2 weeks

Comment

Strongly considering a weekend beer-centric trip to Boston soon. Since JetBlue started flying to MSP, Delta's flights to Boston have plummeted in price. Can get a round trip ticket for a weekend in June for about $100.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Strongly considering a weekend beer-centric trip to Boston soon. Since JetBlue started flying to MSP, Delta's flights to Boston have plummeted in price. Can get a round trip ticket for a weekend in June for about $100.
            wot?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              wot?
              Boston is cheap! Firesale!!!!!
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                I really liked having a manual, not only a little less expensive but also kept me really engaged while driving. Plus it's fun.
                Friends did that.
                One was unwilling to drive there.
                The other just couldn't shift a manual left-handed.

They compromised.
                The passenger shifted the manual per driver's command.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I’m down to Bergen, Munich (Herrsching), and Scotland. I feel like it’s going to be a literal coin flip.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Friends did that.

They compromised.
                    Sounds like they should have spent an extra $7 a day!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Friends did that.

They compromised.
                      But the pedals are still (from L to R)
                      Clutch-Brake-Gas?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        But the pedals are still (from L to R)
                        Clutch-Brake-Gas?
                        Correct.
                        Shift pattern is the same, too so 1st is far left (away from driver) and up. That was challenge as I kept going into 3rd when I thought I was in first. When we first got there I stalled the car about 50% of the time & thought I forgot how to drive a manual! Finally realized I was in 3rd and was doing pretty dang good to get it going that much. . Not my finest moment but pretty dang funny.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

good as place as any..... was on the aussie version of 60 minutes last night

http://www.msn.com/en-ae/lifestyle/t...iVY?ocid=ientp

Comment

Anyone spent Time in Portugal? Going back to Europe for about 13 days this summer. Spend 5 days or so in my old stomping grounds of Berlin but then looking to fly to Lisbon for the rest to see a friend. Never been.
                            On delta, I can book all that as one trip for about 2400, or book delta into Berlin and then out of Lisbon back home for $1100 and then a one way from Berlin to Lisbon is less than $100 on ryan air.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Anyone spent Time in Portugal? Going back to Europe for about 13 days this summer. Spend 5 days or so in my old stomping grounds of Berlin but then looking to fly to Lisbon for the rest to see a friend. Never been.
                              On delta, I can book all that as one trip for about 2400, or book delta into Berlin and then out of Lisbon back home for $1100 and then a one way from Berlin to Lisbon is less than $100 on ryan air.
                              I was in Portugal for a month two years ago. I flew into Madrid and then TAP into Lisbon. TAP does go direct from Philly and maybe jfk. I loved it there. plenty to see, nice people, great food, not too expensive. Can't wait to go back.
                              highlights were. The bakery in Lisbon, FADO anywhere, as much as I could get. Port in Porto,( be prepared, it's real strong) the castles in numerous places, the beach in Nazarre and the Algarve.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I figured Minnesotans would take to it well, the way we camp out in the left lane.
                                You're not the only left lane hogs out there... we get a lot of them in this neck of the woods, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X