X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Several times. You are lucky to own property there, but man August is Hot!
    It's a bot.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yesterday was a drag.... left kwi at 405am and arrived hotel 11p
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Several times. You are lucky to own property there, but man August is Hot!
        That's true, August is one of the hottest month but I couldn't go there earlier unfortunately.

Comment

The missus is moving to Bordeaux, France at the end of September to finish her master's thesis. Has anyone been there before?
          I'll be visiting once a month, while she comes back to Germany once a month as well but we want to explore that area of France while she is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordovez View Post
            That's true, August is one of the hottest month but I couldn't go there earlier unfortunately.
            Delete self-destruct.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              left kwi at 405am
              Was it under 50 C?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Was it under 50 C?
                At that time yes.

However, being in HK with 33 deg and this humidity is awful. Mookie misses 50 and dry

Comment

Fade has been impressed with his own ability to tolerate Hawaii humidity this time of year. Bodes well for Taiwan and other southernly Asian destinations on his radar.

Fade has heard opinions that the Phillipines are the most humid of all, even compared to Singapore/Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. But you can't say for sure until you've been. 🤷🏼

Fade had Filipino food on Kauai and is now intrigued about going, even with Dueterte or whatever his name is in power.

Mookie and Slappy are our Asian "experts" - thoughts?
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-19-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Fade has been impressed with his own ability to tolerate Hawaii humidity this time of year. Bodes well for Taiwan and other southernly Asian destinations on his radar.

Fade has heard opinions that the Phillipines are the most humid of all, even compared to Singapore/Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. But you can't say for sure until you've been. 🤷🏼

Fade had Filipino food on Kauai and is now intrigued about going, even with Dueterte or whatever his name is in power.

Mookie and Slappy are our Asian "experts" - thoughts?
                    There is a large Filipino pop in Kuwait and we go to their “mall” often to eat. Mookie likes how they use everything and will have soup dishes where you scoop out the dish and eat over rice. Also find many spicy mixtures and sauces on the table like Thai and Lao to adjust it how you wish.

Mookie have never been in country though. Indonesia neither.

Just eaten the food

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      There is a large Filipino pop in Kuwait and we go to their “mall” often to eat. Mookie likes how they use everything and will have soup dishes where you scoop out the dish and eat over rice. Also find many spicy mixtures and sauces on the table like Thai and Lao to adjust it how you wish.

Mookie have never been in country though. Indonesia neither.

Just eaten the food
                      Papaya chicken must be the entire existence of rice down there.

Fade also saw all the sauces on the counter, albeit for American palates (Frank's, Cholula, Tapatio, "rooster" sirarcha, etc.)

Comment

Mookie searches for the kitchen made oil with crushed peppers with seeds floating around. Who can guess how long it’s been fermenting, but love the kick it adds. Best when all the peeper products becomes a sticky paste that needs to be scraped off the spoon

Comment

If you spend significant time in Manila then the humidity among other things will be noticeable and bothersome most of the year. If you plan to hit the beach or mountain regions then it's less problematic especially if you time your travel between November and February both for temp, humidity and avoiding rain. Those are also the best months (obviously) if you do spend time in Manila.

As for traveling around the country domestic flights are cheap and there are plenty of options, beaches are plentiful and you can get primo accommodations for $100 a night if you plan and research, but even $150 without a problem. We typically use trivago but airbnb options are growing exponentially and we have a 2-day trip to Manila coming up and snagged a great deal.

Areas I would research depending upon what you want:

Baguio
                          Boracay
                          La Union
                          Cebu
                          Chocolate Hills
                          Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park
                          Panglao Island
                          Mactan
                          Malapascua
                          Coron Island
                          Kawasan Falls
                          Ilo Ilo
                          Tagaytay
                          Magellan's Cross
                          White Beach
                          Mayon Volcano
                          Mt. Pinotubo (had a major eruption in 1991)

Historically there are great places in Manila, we're not far from the Bataan Peninsula, Mount Arayat National Park (site of Mt. Pinotubo) there's a plethora of historic churches throughout the country, etc.

Comment

Cool, thx.

Comment

I saw a YouTube video from a guy who made it all the way down to Davao, and he was like "This is the most humid city I have EVER been to."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I saw a YouTube video from a guy who made it all the way down to Davao, and he was like "This is the most humid city I have EVER been to."
                                Haha. We have friends vacationing on Cebu right now and sent some pictures from the Chocolate Hills. Looks wonderful. They also did some swimming with whale sharks and dolphins. I'm totally gel!!

Comment

Working...
                                X