This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Temps here have been between 25 and 30. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Temps here have been between 25 and 30. C.
      How many Freedom Units is that?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Finishing a delightful 3- day stay at Cowichan Bay on Vancouver Island. Spectacular beauty, perfect weather, laid back energy, great hiking and dining, both. It’s been a while since I spent any time in the coastal PNW, and I’d forgotten about the BLACKBERRIES. They’re everywhere.

It’s two ferry rides from the mainland, though, and if I were much younger I think I would feel a little isolated living here.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Finishing a delightful 3- day stay at Cowichan Bay on Vancouver Island. Spectacular beauty, perfect weather, laid back energy, great hiking and dining, both. It’s been a while since I spent any time in the coastal PNW, and I’d forgotten about the BLACKBERRIES. They’re everywhere.

It’s two ferry rides from the mainland, though, and if I were much younger I think I would feel a little isolated living here.
          Canada really got spectacular weather now!

Comment

The subway in Boston is $2.90

That.Is.Obscene

Any and all public officials should immediately resign
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

That.Is.Obscene

Any and all public officials should immediately resign
              Well DC is quite a bit more. Though no one would confuse the Boston subway with anything good.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

That.Is.Obscene
                Think about how much it would cost to Uber around the city.

It's not that expensive.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's not that expensive.
                  Boston is one city that drives me nuts to drive in. I could get from my parents house in Westwood to Fenway Park or the Grimey Garden OK. Anywhere else was a crapshoot especially Allston and Watson/Bright.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's not that expensive.
                    I find walking is the fastest way to get around Boston

Comment

Meanwhile in Capetown everything is ridiculously cheap thanks to the Rand tanking. Good meals cost so little it is almost embarrassing.

Tomorrow...SHARK CAGE DIVING!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's not that expensive.
                        Relatively speaking to other metros. If one adds in service level.....

Comment

I've never had a problem with the T. *shrug* But I've also never really gone beyond the inner ring of Boston.

Handy, you seeing any of the 'reverse racism' down there that the right is yammering about? Of course, IIRC Capetown is pretty white, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I've never had a problem with the T. *shrug* But I've also never really gone beyond the inner ring of Boston.

Handy, you seeing any of the 'reverse racism' down there that the right is yammering about? Of course, IIRC Capetown is pretty white, so...
                            I definitely feel persecuted

Life is tough as a straight white male in Africa
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Everyday is straight white male pride day

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Boston is one city that drives me nuts to drive in. I could get from my parents house in Westwood to Fenway Park or the Grimey Garden OK. Anywhere else was a crapshoot especially Allston and Watson/Bright.
                                I know I am in the minority but I always loved driving in Boston. It is 1/1000th the density of New York, it was possible to get curb parking virtually anywhere any time except on peak Friday and Saturday night, and the drivers were neither insane nor bad, they were merely balls out aggressive and to me that's fine if you know what you're doing.

This was the 80s-90s. I can't speak for now.

I'm sure I'd hate it now that I am more laid back but at the time (my 20s) it was a really fun place to get around.

Plus, 80% of the cool places to go in Boston are not in Boston, they are in Cambridge or Sommerville or Arlington.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X