This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Forgot to add....there is a North Korean restaurant in deira city center. Yes, the waitstaff are NK chicks. easy access from metro.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/01/11/...d/?omhide=true

Idiots

Comment

Norway is a go. Now to book flights. SAS has a youth ticket my cousin can get (since she's 25) that's about half price, but then we can't book together and I am unsure about seat selection with the SAS Go option. Anyone flown SAS? How was it? Is SAS Plus worth it?

Is a trip on the Bergen-Oslo train worth flying into the other city just to take it?
        Last edited by jen; 01-12-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Forgot to add....there is a North Korean restaurant in deira city center. Yes, the waitstaff are NK chicks. easy access from metro.
          I've heard of that. IIRC, the regime has a couple of them in China, too. Always staffed with Kim's finest slaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I've heard of that. IIRC, the regime has a couple of them in China, too. Always staffed with Kim's finest slaves.
            better that they be finest, rather than worse (or even middling..)

Comment

Today is the last day of our 3 week Christmas vacation. One week in Ponce, one week on a ship, one in San Juan.

Today, we see Hamilton. With Lin-Manuel playing his original role as Alexander Hamilton.

Heck of a vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Today is the last day of our 3 week Christmas vacation. One week in Ponce, one week on a ship, one in San Juan.

Today, we see Hamilton. With Lin-Manuel playing his original role as Alexander Hamilton.

Heck of a vacation.
                Holy cow!

Comment

Heck of a vacation.
                  You can obviously pay more in taxes

Comment

Heck of a vacation.
                    Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Heck of a vacation.
                      Going to miss you in San Juan by a handful of days. Flying over Saturday, cruising Sunday. Hope it was a good vacation though, sounds great!

Comment

Finalized booking a few Viator group tours for Germany (Munich bike tour, Dachau, WW2 history in Berlin) to help breakup the solo travel, but trying to keep my schedule relatively open to accommodate my personal interests. I definitely want to go out to Hohenschönhausen prison one morning.

Which reminds me, I still need to buy my Deutschebahn pass.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-13-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          You can obviously pay more in taxes
                          One week doesn’t count, as we had free lodging. But the Hamilton tickles do reduce our taxes...

It was amazing.

Comment

One week doesn’t count, as we had free lodging. But the Hamilton tickles do reduce our taxes...

It was amazing.
                            Cool
                            Still waiting to see Ham

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Cool
                              Still waiting to see Ham
                              For the first time you see it, it’s hard to swallow the ticket price. But it gets easy after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                Is a trip on the Bergen-Oslo train worth flying into the other city just to take it?
                                Full disclosure, we didn't do the train. But, from the research I did leading up to our trip, I got the impression that the train is really great, but you could do it in a day trip out of Bergen. So, if you're in Bergen, take the train a ways, and then come back, or do the Norway in a Nutshell tour (which is a bit pricey, IMO) from Bergen, and you get to take the train to Voss, bus to Gudvagen, boat to Flam, and train back to Bergen, including the Flam railway, which isn't part of the regular railway from Bergen to Oslo.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X