X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Is it a Hilton?
    I’m a little shocked that this quality reference went unnoticed in two replies.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Slap shot, you are the resident Philippines expert, right?

I’m going to be doing a project over there for a month next spring. Remote island work. Looks like Romblon or Lubang. Are those areas pretty safe? I’m assuming so but did see another kidnapping of a Brit on a southern island

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I had to reread the original post twice before I got it even knowing it was there.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Mookie passes on b&d as a general rule.
          No need to comment
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            December or January, I'm going back to Ann Arbor for a bit. Mainly just to eat, visit the Ann Arbor Pride Center, and hang with a few friends.

And in the summer next year, I'm looking at either Denver or Orlando (NOT Disney).
            Late August for us - and not Disney either. Cape Canaveral -- hoping for a launch.

And golf.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’m going to be doing a project over there for a month next spring. Remote island work. Looks like Romblon or Lubang. Are those areas pretty safe? I’m assuming so but did see another kidnapping of a Brit on a southern island
              Both are remote and well south of Manila. With Romblon there are 3 main islands I believe, with Lubang 1 main island but several others.
              Both places you're going will have beaches in all directions, should be pretty quite and peaceful overall.

Mindoro is an island between them both and I've heard you might want to say away from that. Mindanao is the region you really want to stay away from (where the Brit was kidnapped) but you're well away from that.
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

You need Hep B vaccination before you go if you don't have it already. bro les worked for a place that was going to send him without. Not safe. Hep B is endemic in SE Asia.

Comment

Yeah definitely don’t **** with your liver. No bueno.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Uh, I've never met anyone here that has contracted it in the 5 years I've lived here - expats and locals.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      You need Hep B vaccination before you go if you don't have it already.
                      I’d get HepA if you don’t have it since you can get that from food and water.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Uh, I've never met anyone here that has contracted it in the 5 years I've lived here - expats and locals.
                        I stand corrected. Last I checked that had been recommendation. Now not as much.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...vel-single-001 The Clinician view is a bit more interesting. Dengue fever is active tho
                        Last edited by leswp1; 10-08-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I’ll likely be working in clinics so I’ll probably do more than basic traveler vaccinations

Comment

Mookie got the buffet of shots before leaving.... hep was suggested if one had the thoughts of visiting India

Comment

Just got back from our trip, had a great time.
                              - Krakow was a nice little town and a good warmup for the rest of the trip. I'm amused by the number of British stag parties.
                              - Prague is just a gorgeous city. I could walk around there for days. Oddly I was there the same time as the Flyers/Blackhawks game but did not know about it. I kept wondering why so many people we wearing hockey jerseys on their trip.
                              - Budapest was a fun city, more lived-in that Prague, but the difference in culture made it unique. And the public transit system is awesome there, I was an expert after four days if I do say so.
                              - Never actually made it to Ljubljana. Adria Airways was supposed to be our airline out of Ljubljana to a layover in Zurich, but went under the first few days of our trip. The best United could do was a trip like 3 days later via an overnight in Istanbul or some **** like that, and that is not a solution. So we though on our feet and did an overnight train to Zurich and got a hotel for a few days there (since our flight to SFO was from there).
                              - Zurich was very nice too. We did one day around its old town, and then a couple day trips, one to Luzern and one to Vaduz. The Swiss countryside looks exactly like the postcards.
                              - All of the overnight trains went very well. I'm not going to say we got the most solid sleep in existence, but we did seem to sleep the whole way, so by the time we knew it it was morning and we were in a new city, and that's fine by me. The 1st class in the Czech trains is a little better than 2nd class in Hungarian, given that 2nd class doesn't quite have the right legroom in the bed and I'm 6-2.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                - Krakow was a nice little town and a good warmup for the rest of the trip. I'm amused by the number of British stag parties.
                                - Prague is just a gorgeous city. .
                                .....we saw nothing but brit boys with matching shirts doing just this in prague. mookie had no idea
                                subway in prague was just as strong as budapest. mookie bought metro shirts for budapest for him and girl. daughter wore girl's one day and mookie wore his another. made the transit riding easy

booked italy for easter week. rome / florence / venice / milan for 9 nights. think we are gonna do airbnb each city. give it a go and end the marriott train

Comment

Working...
                                X