X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Nah, maybe in college hockey circles...
    That's what he was referring to. Even those of that are huge UM fans know our place on the national stage for FB is backstage at best.

Comment

Hastings is both possible and proven. Still taking a chance.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        That's what he was referring to. Even those of that are huge UM fans know our place on the national stage for FB is backstage at best.
        Correct. I was making an analogy comparing us to college football.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Whatever helps you sleep.
          I don't need help sleeping. My program isn't in the toilet.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boot_Don_Lucia View Post
            Sounds like someone's got their panties in a bunch over the prospect of Bloated Bobby moving 70 miles south.

Don't worry, I don't think he's gonna get a call.
            MN will figure out some reason to give Lucia a light warning and another year to underachieve.
            Oh, well if some loser who created an alias account doesn't think he will get a call, then that puts me at ease.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Here's the way I look at it. You could make a list of the names of every single hockey coach in the U.S. at the level of D-1 head coach or lower. If any one of those persons was offered the MN job, there are probably 5-10 who would pause, but then say "thanks but no thanks." I'd put guys like Montgomery, Berry, Quinn, Pearson, Granato and York in that category.

You might have another 5-7 who would consider it, but due to their current situation it is probably a coin flip over whether they'd take the job. I'd put Motzko in that group.

Everyone else takes it.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Hastings is both possible and proven. Still taking a chance.
                Yeah he is definitely someone the U should be looking at. Winning in the WCHA isn't as tough as winning in the NCHC but he's a lot more dominant against that competition as well.

Comment

What about talking to a former Div. 1 coach with former ties to the Maroon and Gold......Dean Blais?

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotaprideonice46 View Post
                    What about talking to a former Div. 1 coach with former ties to the Maroon and Gold......Dean Blais?
                    At 67 years of age, I'd lean no on that one.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Can’t be a fanboy and want him gone.
                      Can you be an apologist as I have been and still want him gone?

I've apologized too many times and while I don't believe what's happening is all Lucia's fault, but I've finally had my opinion changed. If a coaching change will put some life back in the program then just do it.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The Gophers sure looked like they didn't care.......looked like all they had to do was show up and they would win. They appear like they have no fire in the belly. Coaching change is in order, but will Coyle do what needs to be done?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          Can you be an apologist as I have been and still want him gone?

I've apologized too many times and while I don't believe what's happening is all Lucia's fault, but I've finally had my opinion changed. If a coaching change will put some life back in the program then just do it.
                          I've been pretty critical of him and even I would agree with that. I think the team actually played better in a lot of ways vs PSU in the 2nd series and still couldn't get a single win. Some of that is Lucia's fault for playing Schierhorn instead of sticking with a clearly better goalie but even average goaltending would've won last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            I've been pretty critical of him and even I would agree with that. I think the team actually played better in a lot of ways vs PSU in the 2nd series and still couldn't get a single win. Some of that is Lucia's fault for playing Schierhorn instead of sticking with a clearly better goalie but even average goaltending would've won last Saturday.
                            The Schierhorn deal on Saturday was a headscratcher for me for sure. Beyond that, though, I'm just so sick of hearing that "it's sad to see where this program has fallen to and Don just doesn't seem to care" or "Don never has the team prepared to play against in-state rivals". As I've said many times, just because he's been historically "stoic", as many people have described him, does not mean that he doesn't care. We have no way of knowing how much tDon does or doesn't care. And I'm guessing tDon isn't preparing any differently for in-state rivals than anyone else. "Ok guys, these are our little brothers and we don't really have to try in order to beat them. Just go out there and that will be good enough to win."

If you want to rip decisions made like trix noted here with the Schierhorn decision, have at it. I'm just not ready to judge how much someone cares or not.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              The Schierhorn deal on Saturday was a headscratcher for me for sure. Beyond that, though, I'm just so sick of hearing that "it's sad to see where this program has fallen to and Don just doesn't seem to care" or "Don never has the team prepared to play against in-state rivals". As I've said many times, just because he's been historically "stoic", as many people have described him, does not mean that he doesn't care. We have no way of knowing how much tDon does or doesn't care. And I'm guessing tDon isn't preparing any differently for in-state rivals than anyone else. "Ok guys, these are our little brothers and we don't really have to try in order to beat them. Just go out there and that will be good enough to win."

If you want to rip decisions made like trix noted here with the Schierhorn decision, have at it. I'm just not ready to judge how much someone cares or not.
                              IDK if I said it on here or GPL but the people who think Don is too stoic have clearly never see him interact with refs

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                IDK if I said it on here or GPL but the people who think Don is too stoic have clearly never see him interact with refs
                                Especially of late, he seems to be getting worse as his time seems to be coming to an end. LOL!

Not on Sandelin level in terms of whining but he's definitely let the refs hear about it more of late.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X