Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Did you read his username?
    So he nu’ed it. Cut the man some slack...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• much as i thought primeau played well under the lights at the garden first time around, last night he seemed a bit off. played tight. the team in front of him, (i thought), battled hard all gm. perhaps we sat back a bit last 8 mins after going up 2-1, but that rebound/ pass whatever to bornquist does not happen if cp is on his gm. he gets there & simply clears that puck to the corner & pc forward does not touch it (what a beauty by bornquist however..).
      same for the ot goal.. when on his gm, he calmly makes that save. oh well, learning for him & hopefully got his down gm out of the way. he has backstopped us well all season.

hopefully shake it off & ready for ncaa. just play loose.
      i thought team battled real hard last night coming from 0-1 down. providence has proved to be tough match up for nu & that continued. i liked our intensity & fight all gm, but it is gm of bounces & pc got those & buried 'em, kudos to them.

hopefully motivates entire team, continue battling hard.. especially cp & put it behind you. regroup, reset.
      go huskies, not over yet
      Last edited by northeastern; 03-17-2018, 04:24 AM.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Did you read his username?
        I know. It was late.
        And I was weary.
        I saw my plans change.
        So I will edit.

It was worth staying up to watch that kind of competition.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Tough loss, but I am not as bummed about it with knowing there is more important hockey to be played. I thought at the end of the 3rd NU took the foot off the gas and you could see PC begin to buzz. I wasn’t surprised at all when PC scored the tying goal, could see it coming.

Hopefully this loss will be motivating and allow the guys to regroup. I already have my FF tickets and hoping for a minor miracle that NU will be there!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Wow that's Gaudette's grandmother? Thought it was his mother!
            I didn't see it on TV because I was there (and I didn't bother to watch the replay even though I recorded it because I would have fallen back asleep), but are you referring to the bleached blonde in the Northeastern (pink breast cancer) sweater with Gaudette on the back? They were sitting about two rows from me. I thought the same thing initially...she was in Loge 3.
            Last edited by chickod; 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I am absolutely sick that BU won hockey east. They suck!

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                I am absolutely sick
                Ibuprofen helps.

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                  I am absolutely sick that BU won hockey east. They suck!
                  hey, if it makes you feel any better..... mookie hears sioux falls is great to see end of march!! have fun

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    hey, if it makes you feel any better..... mookie hears sioux falls is great to see end of march!! have fun
                    ha ha.. you would know.. mr kuwait.. worry about yourself
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      ha ha.. you would know.. mr kuwait.. worry about yourself
                      sunny and 70s today. mookie's office window is open right now. comfortable breeze... ahhhhhhh

Comment

My thoughts are this after being at Friday nights game and giving up the late tying goal was that we played ok but kind of ran out of gas. Of course, when they did finally look so tired it was nearly 1am. 1st goal was kind of a lucky one for PC and I think without that screen we win that game in regulation, that said we never looked composed I mean we cycled and got lots of the better opportunities but PC is so much bigger and that physical style is going to be the NU ungluing if we don't stick to our game plan going forward. We are a small team with speed and talent. I and I actually left before the OT as it was nearing midnight and I had a train to catch at South Station. Why North and South still aren’t connected post big dig is crazy! Anyway, HE needs to figure out that each game needs to be on different day OT’s in the 1st game cause the 2nd game to be playing the next day. Championship could be on Sunday. Anyway I saw it coming and now all the BU fans are starting to chirp. I think it’s a good thing for Hockey East to be sending 3 teams to the NCAA rather than two, that said we are going to need to play better and if we face BU I am not sure beating a team 4 times in a season is something that will be easy, in the event you have not noticed they are playing well now and are looking like the pre season pick of the litter they were anointed to be with umpteen picks with a hot goalie to boot. I would not want to play them right now if we don’t step it up. However so Happy BC is likely out cuz I hate them a lot more for some reason. BU I can tolerate. However the pairwise still has BC 16th???? Anyway can't wait for the selections to come out to see who we have to play. Its been pretty fun this far. Cheers nurse your hangovers with some NCAA BB this afternoon!
                        Last edited by RossiRules; 03-18-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Rossi you are definitely one of the dumber people I have come across on here. BC won the RS and lost to BU in OT yet you're complaining about a system that has BC 16th and outside of the tournament?

As for tournament format, there are numerous leagues with the same exact format. And the NCAA regionals are the exact same format. Been the same format for many years and haven't heard many complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            sunny and 70s today. mookie's office window is open right now. comfortable breeze... ahhhhhhh
                            good. stay there.
                            we'll take sioux falls, worcester, or yuma, az..
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Quick question (non hockey related) - you know the lot over the train tracks to park for free for games? Is that also free and open on a Sunday? I’m going to a show at Jordan Hall this afternoon and would love to park there.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                good. stay there.
                                we'll take sioux falls, worcester, or yuma, az..
                                Mookie will be following the hockey from Cairo this coming weekend. Sadly he expects to see the huskies nu’ it up again and finish yet another season with the Double LL’s (though at least this year it wasn’t on the back to back Friday/Saturday road trip to a higher seed

C’est la vie.....

Comment

Working...
                                X