X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Lol at anybody who thinks Mike Lundin wasn't good defensively
    I didn't say that. But he said he wanted 6 boring at home types. Lundin was not a boring at home type. Not in college he wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      I'll take 18 skaters who can play in all three zones any day over a one dimensional player (unless his name is Gretzky)... Also Important for everyone to remember that although D is our weak point it got a lot better this year with incoming freshman and freshman improve over their tenure. The youth movement in Orono is something to be proud of, but as pointed out by many people on this forum not to be satisfied with. We can still be better and will get better!!
      As for Gould, you don't get to be as sought after as he without being able to play defense. His offensive prowess comes from PP ability. Current player his skill set is most similar to his Holway.
      As for roster questions, I would recommend checking the Roster Projection Table at the link in my signature, which includes primary source information, not personal opinion. Highly likely we are watching Michel's last few games in a Maine sweater. Holway is likely sticking around for another year pending unforeseen roster developments in Red Wings organization. I am keeping an eye on Moran's situation. Not sure what scholarship (academic/athletic) he has been offered if any. If academic you may see him stick around a la Sam Becker.
      Would Holway be a free agent in 2019 or 2020? If it’s 2019 I could see the wings signing him because of that.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I am keeping an eye on Moran's situation. Not sure what scholarship (academic/athletic) he has been offered if any. If academic you may see him stick around a la Sam Becker.
        I actually knew Jack Moran in my younger years, and unless something has significantly changed, he ain’t getting any scholarships for his academic ability.

Comment

Swayman named a finalist for Walter Brown award...

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/201...own-award.aspx

Quite an accomplishment for this outstanding rookie!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Would Holway be a free agent in 2019 or 2020? If it’s 2019 I could see the wings signing him because of that.
            Look for Holway and even Pearson playing there Junior seasons and then signing with Detroit and from there joining there AHL team in Grand Rapids to continue there development with there sights set towards the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Look for Holway and even Pearson playing there Junior seasons and then signing with Detroit and from there joining there AHL team in Grand Rapids to continue there development with there sights set towards the NHL.
              Agreed. Both still have room for continued development in Orono. Selfishly thankful!!
              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                I didn't say that. But he said he wanted 6 boring at home types. Lundin was not a boring at home type. Not in college he wasnt.
                I want 6 competent types, FCS... This is the only real thing that Maine lacks right now, and that's perfectly obvious.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-08-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Both still have room for continued development in Orono. Selfishly thankful!!
                  They do! I dont know, at this point I'd be a little surprised if they go early. Because, dont know if they took a big enough development stride from last year. Next year will tell.

I'd also be a little surprised if Michel goes this year, he makes a fair number of mistakes. Although during the first home game I was sitting near a few recruiters checking him out. He did have an off game that day.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    They do! I dont know, at this point I'd be a little surprised if they go early. Because, dont know if they took a big enough development stride from last year. Next year will tell.

I'd also be a little surprised if Michel goes this year, he makes a fair number of mistakes. Although during the first home game I was sitting near a few recruiters checking him out. He did have an off game that day.
                    If anybody is headed out early after this year or next, I bet it’s Pearson.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      I think you'll see both Holway and Pearson sticking around for the Juniors years @ Maine, Detroit has been known not to rush players before there ready for the next step which for them after there Junior years would be the AHL and from there if and when they develop in the way the Wings want then up to the big club...the Red Wings are in a Rebuild mode...which they should have started this season but would not....these 2 players will be in there plans for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        I agree about Pearson, though I don't think either is ready. Furthermore, Detroit historically has been patient with their draft picks.

Comment

Game on nesn plus tonight. PC has to be heavy favorites, they have owned Maine for years. Like to see Maine at least compete with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Game on nesn plus tonight. PC has to be heavy favorites, they have owned Maine for years. Like to see Maine at least compete with them.

The thinking here is they can, need big night out of Swayman and stay the heck out of the box, keep the scoring down...2-1, 3-2 Maine...???

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              The thinking here is they can, need big night out of Swayman and stay the heck out of the box, keep the scoring down...2-1, 3-2 Maine...???
                              Maybe on the road they can stay out of box, I've given up on that at home. They simply can't at alfond.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Maybe on the road they can stay out of box, I've given up on that at home. They simply can't at alfond.

Well if they can and continue there better play on the road compared to years past....I think they have a real shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X