This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

He was offsides and doesn't play defense either.

Comment

Not quite there yet. One more class needs to be purged.

Comment

Problem is I thought d played great all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Nice job vesey

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I'm sorry but I don't see how that's interference. Vesey TRIED to stop and was basically NOT moving but Hawkey ran into HIM. It's like the refs just make these "automatic" calls without actually observing what happened. Same thing happened in the Celtics game tonight. They throw the ball off someone's leg and the ref calls it a "kicked" ball. NO!!! The guy was just standing there. He made no effort or motion. You have to consider intent. He wasn't in his crease so there's no way you can say he "ran" into him. I think it was a pathetic call.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            I'm sorry but I don't see how that's interference. Vesey TRIED to stop and was basically NOT moving but Hawkey ran into HIM. It's like the refs just make these "automatic" calls without actually observing what happened. Same thing happened in the Celtics game tonight. They throw the ball off someone's leg and the ref calls it a "kicked" ball. NO!!! The guy was just standing there. He made no effort or motion. You have to consider intent. He wasn't in his crease so there's no way you can say he "ran" into him. I think it was a pathetic call.
            Agree, refs have to consider intent and advantage. It is hard though at the speed of today's game. Not an easy job.

Comment

Well. D played good. Actually Keeper was off. Which I didn't think would happen. Thought he should wear 4 jersey. Pegging him as Metcalf.

Forward lines let Maine down tonight. Needed to gear up and be physical and get pucks low. Only Tralmaks and smith did. Who are our forwards?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                Agree, refs have to consider intent and advantage. It is hard though at the speed of today's game. Not an easy job.
                Yes I know. I refereed basketball for 17 years. But you need to take a split second to process what you see. There are certain calls that almost seem "automatic" today. I don't even want to bring up '04 but that unfortunately is a perfect example. Skate is 1/100th of an inch in the crease and costs Maine a National Championship. And I don't want to go on the replay rant but I think it has made officials more tentative/less decisive. So they don't seem to use judgment anymore because they know they are under "surveillance" at all times. For all the people who say "A penalty is a penalty whether it's in the first minute or the last," well, that cost them a game.

Comment

Yes I know. I refereed basketball for 17 years. But you need to take a split second to process what you see. There are certain calls that almost seem "automatic" today. I don't even want to bring up '04 but that unfortunately is a perfect example. Skate is 1/100th of an inch in the crease and costs Maine a National Championship. And I don't want to go on the replay rant but I think it has made officials more tentative/less decisive. So they don't seem to use judgment anymore because they know they are under "surveillance" at all times. For all the people who say "A penalty is a penalty whether it's in the first minute or the last," well, that cost them a game.
                  I remember that as well against Maine. Was brutal!. Also the Brett Hull goal against Haschik (spelling?) when Hull was in the crease but the goal was good in the era when it was not supposed to be good.
                  Last edited by GreenCat; 02-09-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

It is the brass, we played. Not bad. Lets gear up a little. Walshy always juggled until post season. And said this is real season.

Comment

Thank you this drivel. Make a point and be concise about it. If you want Maine fan say it. But if not just go. Sounds weird like you are a unher.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        The old Garden held fewer people than the new Garden but, bodies per square foot, the old Garden was much more tightly packed. Plus the ceiling of the old Garden was lower, better at holding the noise in. I can’t speak to whether the Bobby Orr Stanley Cup win was the loudest the Garden ever was, but I was there the night Orr had his first hat trick and when the Celts beat the Lakers in 1984, and both of those crowds were pretty dam loud. I was also there the night UNH beat Cornell in double OT and the UNH crowd gave a great account of themselves that night as well. Loudest college hockey crowd ever has to be 2002 in St. Paul when Minny near Maine in OT.
                        Read last sentence. After their team was embarrassed. Worst thing you ever had to sit through. As a Maine fan.

Comment

Edit. My frustration. Got better of me.
                          Last edited by BlackI; 02-09-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

They played I love it. Gear up or go home. Tralmaks knows. Pearson knows. Smith knows. Keepers knows. Binners knows. Robbins knows. Holway knows. Swayman knows. I wish LeCroiux knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Thank you this drivel. Make a point and be concise about it. If you want Maine fan say it. But if not just go. Sounds weird like you are a unher.
                              Not sure what your problem is. I’m a BU grad. I have many friends who are UMO alumni so I follow them. I enjoy college hockey. Just making an observation.

Comment

**** evidently we suck because we can't beat providence on road. U believable. Watch next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X