Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That’s exactly what this whole thing is about. Putting a bunch of uppity black people back in their place.
    Catering to the 'Murica (educated opinion: the audience that might put football ahead of God in life's important things) is my take. Doesn't matter if they are black or white. They are offending football and our troops galldurnit.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Catering to the 'Murica (educated opinion: the audience that might put football ahead of God in life's important things) is my take. Doesn't matter if they are black or white. They are offending football and our troops galldurnit.
      But when Fergie/pop star decides to put their own spin on the anthem, no comment.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        But when Fergie/pop star decides to put their own spin on the anthem, no comment.
        Um, lots of negative on that national anthem by Fergie.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Um, lots of negative on that national anthem by Fergie.
          But not by the "Respect the Anthem" crowd.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

"Respect the Anthem" crowd has no issues yelling "Sue" at the end of the Anthem either...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              "Respect the Anthem" crowd has no issues yelling "Sue" at the end of the Anthem either...
              Respect the Anthem crowd has no issues buying overpriced concessions during the anthem, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I have those issues. The home of the (whatever) needs to go away. I really, really hate that.

Comment

Most gopher fans do it too.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Most gopher fans do it too.
                    Yep, and I don't like that one bit.

Comment

I can’t say “meh” hard enough. It has literally nothing to do with the troops, America, or any such Murica boner inducing whatever.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I can’t say “meh” hard enough. It has literally nothing to do with the troops, America, or any such Murica boner inducing whatever.
                        It doesn't. But SOME of the public THINKS it does. And it's taking away from the message. IF the kneelers did their thing in another way, I think it COULD help the message they are trying to send. Right now, it's making some people shut them out, and therefore the message is being ignored.

Comment

It is easy now to forget that Ali was vilified and branded a traitor by white folks for saying and doing things for which he is held in great esteem today. He was right about many things white "patriots" did not want to hear.

Hats off to kneelers. If the message makes us uncomfortable, it probably needs to be heard. NFL needs to man up.

Comment

The same people who chant "Respect the Flag/Anthem" are the same people who sit on the couch, slouched over, and mumble about waiting for the game to start. Somehow, that's not disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              The same people who chant "Respect the Flag/Anthem" are the same people who sit on the couch, slouched over, and mumble about waiting for the game to start. Somehow, that's not disrespectful.
                              You stand only if you are there in person and it is not required but urged.

Comment

You stand only if you are there in person and it is not required but urged.
                                Last event I attended was NMU/Tech at the Berry. Most of the people I saw sighed, put their overpriced concessions down, and then stood. Didn't see vaulting out of their seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X