NFL 2018.1 The off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I'd say baseball is the best radio sport.
    Hockey is beautiful when called well on the radio, too.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

I loved listening to Al Shaver in bed back in the day. He was sublime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I loved listening to Al Shaver in bed back in the day. He was sublime.
        What did Mrs. Shaver think about that?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          What did Mrs. Shaver think about that?
          Drum roll
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

NFL Update
            NFL Update
            @MySportsUpdate
            NFL players voted Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, Von Miller, Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz, Julio Jones and LeVeon Bell as the top 10 players in the league.

Exact order 1-10 coming next week.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

lulz

Comment

Hard to argue. "Current" is the key word.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wentz? Let's see year 2 just like with Keenum.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Wentz? Let's see year 2 just like with Keenum.
                    There's room for argument. No question.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Hard to argue. "Current" is the key word.
                      It's also hard to argue if it's actual NFL players doing the voting.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        NFL Update
                        NFL Update
                        @MySportsUpdate
                        NFL players voted Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, Von Miller, Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz, Julio Jones and LeVeon Bell as the top 10 players in the league.

Exact order 1-10 coming next week.
                        I don’t care what the order ends up being, Aaron Rodgers is the best player in football.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          It's also hard to argue if it's actual NFL players doing the voting.
                          Maybe.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Admittedly a player opinion survey is just an arbitrary summary of other player's opinions as opposed to some sort of data based analysis. On the other hand, I guess I'd value the opinion of the players who have to go up against other players over that of people like me, sportswriters or tv analysts.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Admittedly a player opinion survey is just an arbitrary summary of other player's opinions as opposed to some sort of data based analysis. On the other hand, I guess I'd value the opinion of the players who have to go up against other players over that of people like me, sportswriters or tv analysts.
                              Definitely. It is fun to hear their analysis of one another as well.
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                Definitely. It is fun to hear their analysis of one another as well.
                                I would also guess that personal experience against (or with) that player makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X