X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You own this crap deal with it. Not my fault your back hurts from bending into a pretzel when discussing it.
    Not "my side". The side that won.

I carry the crazy, outdated, cynical(?) notion that the "goes-ins" and the "goes-outs" of a non-war-time, not economic-catastrophe, budget should kinda-sorta-like, I won't even say "balance", but how about coming in within a freakin' billion of each other. I have no freakin' clue which "side" that is anymore.

EDIT: My mistake ... it should say "freakin' TRILLION". Or should I say "one million million dollar deficit". Deficit. There's no tax cut that'll provide the economic stimulus to cover that one-year shortfall.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-12-2018, 12:45 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I carry the crazy, outdated, cynical(?) notion that the "goes-ins" and the "goes-outs" of a non-war-time, not economic-catastrophe, budget should kinda-sorta-like, I won't even say "balance", but how about coming in within a freakin' billion of each other. I have no freakin' clue which "side" that is anymore.

EDIT: My mistake ... it should say "freakin' TRILLION". Or should I say "one million million dollar deficit". Deficit. There's no tax cut that'll provide the economic stimulus to cover that one-year shortfall.
      Barack did things correctly. He even brought the Wars into the budget, something W didn't do and lied about it. But, it doesn't matter. All that matters is rich folks got their tax cut and they're immune from any deficit. Everything else is just "chatter".
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It takes a very minimal effort to figure it out. You're lazier than an immigrant that hasn't applied for protection for deportation.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          It takes a very minimal effort to figure it out. You're lazier than an immigrant that hasn't applied for protection for deportation.
          Well seeing how that's sorta been used against them under this admin, that might've been a good time for immigrants to be lazy
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-12-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            You don't want to take the bait? Great Scooby, now what is Sic going to do all day?
            He could go on and on about the lack of security in the WH, much as he did re Hilary's email server, but that subject doesn't seem to interest him much.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Really?
              This atrocity of accounting, this buffoonery of a budget, this fiasco of fiscal responsibility, was reached by bi-partisan agreement.

So, which party is not party to that "bi-partisan" party?

And Trump was dumb enough to sign on to it. Can we start calling him "Swamp Thing" now? It would seem to fit.
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-12-2018, 01:33 PM.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                He could go on and on about the lack of security in the WH, much as he did re Hilary's email server, but that subject doesn't seem to interest him much.
                Fix the USIS (or bring back the OPM) and have them do all Federal clearances. There's the solution.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

it definitely isn't the republicans

most economists would agree that running a deficit during a recession is the right thing to do. Massive spending cuts during a recession would make it worse. However, now we have nearly full employment and record corporate earnings. Now is not the time to cut taxes, now is the time to get the budget under control. If they want to do something with the corporate tax rate and allow companies to bring money back onshore, that's fine. the top income tax brackets should have been raised though, not cut.
                  Last edited by BassAle; 02-12-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Amy Carter.
                    Chelsea Clinton.
                    Vanessa Trump (yeah, yeah, -in-law).

It would matter not who it would be done to: This is not cool. Let's hope it was some sort of "packaging malfunction" and not an unsubtle threat.

EDIT: Intentional.
                    https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/trump-...-white-powder/

In addition to the powdery substance, the envelope contained a letter saying something to the effect of how the stunt was payback for past misdeeds by Trump Jr., according to sources.
                    (It's the Post; apply appropriate levels of skepticism of sources.)
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-12-2018, 02:08 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Fix the USIS (or bring back the OPM) and have them do all Federal clearances. There's the solution.
                      Again, though, that doesn't solve the White House issue at all. White House clearances used to be processed directly by OPM, and they were expedited. Clearances for most of the IC are farmed out to third party subcontractors staffed by retired FBI agents. The White House, however, is handled differently -- a lot more leeway is granted to White House appointments and there is an informal presumption that if the President is giving you permission to do classified work then you are entitled to do it unless there is something you have hidden from the President. In this case, even that lax policy does not apply because the White House was aware of Porter's security risks for 6 months.

It is important to remember that what triggered Porter's dismissal was not a finding of his security deficiency. It was the press discovering that deficiency. That is very bad behavior by the administration. The only reason it isn't a scandal in its own right is the standard of conduct of this administration is so low (and because the GOP Congress, supposedly charged with oversight, doesn't care about American security as long as it's their guy).

Unless the electorate punishes these criminals we're going to continue to get more of this.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you vote Republican you own what Republicans do. That's how accountability works.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          it definitely isn't the republicans

The Ds aren't much better. BSABSVD?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            If you vote Republican you own what Republicans do. That's how accountability works.
                            And the vice versa.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I'm thinking Sic's "security clearance" came from pushing a mop around NSA headquarters.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I'm thinking Sic's "security clearance" came from pushing a mop around NSA headquarters.
                                Nuclear Navy contractor (trained Navy crews; later moved to a nuclear reactor design group).
                                Back to your mop.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X